Advice needed on Car Aircon

Kieran1975

Turbocharged

Engine mounts. That's the only damper you need to touch

Engine mount already replaced not long ago. Car will vibrate a little when air-con is on, so wondering if it's there's a damper for aircon 

Hi guys,

I live in Bedok. Looking for honest mechanic to service my Honda Civic as the aircon is no longer cold. Any honest ones to recommend nearby my place pls?

** Don’t want to get ripped off again! **   [smash]

Hypersonic

Hi guys,

I live in Bedok. Looking for honest mechanic to service my Honda Civic as the aircon is no longer cold. Any honest ones to recommend nearby my place pls?

** Donât want to get ripped off again! ** [smash]

A friend shared this shop 'Ka Ling' at Tampines. Went once and was given some advice. Try and no problem after that. No money spent. Look decent type. If want to try call Nine7438458.
  • Praise 1

It is possible to buy a tank coolant and top up the air coolant ourselves? Where got sell?

What is the market rate/non-chop carrot rate for a gas top up service today?

Think need a licence to buy the refrigerant. Anyway, why buy a cow to drink milk. Over pump also kill the aircon lor.

I topup in JB ~RM30 Century Auto.  

Just did my EO change there, and after 2 years never service aircon, they check and said it is OK - Pressure. 

Another thing to check is if your piping is oily, if yes, you may need to topup a bottle of aircon "oil". RM50.  I do about every 3 years.

Other guideline, may varies, my Carens said :

a) Change Evaporator - Add 100CC oil

b) Change Piping - Add 50CC oil

c) Change Condenser - Add 100CC oil

d) Change compressor - no need to add as manufacturer alway pre top the correct amount.

If you really want to play aircon DIY, you also need a vacuum pump. 

So, very troublesome. 

If you are as extreme as me, I will go change everything, once done.  Drive to JB without aircon, do a full suite RM170.

But never do it all these years, no major problem lor. And any car bigger than a corolla, you probably need to tear down the whole dashboard to get to the evaporator lor.

It is possible to buy a tank coolant and top up the air coolant ourselves? Where got sell?

What is the market rate/non-chop carrot rate for a gas top up service today?

Turbocharged

Over the past few days, my car aircon kept blowing very cold air till the front window turned foggy.  I tried raising the thermostat temperature to 30 Degree C and that didn’t help.

While everyone complains about faulty hot air-con, I think mine is too good to be true.

I suspect it is a faulty thermostat, has anyone experienced this before?  How much to replace for a Japanese B&B car?

Think need a licence to buy the refrigerant. Anyway, why buy a cow to drink milk. Over pump also kill the aircon lor.

Just did my EO change there, and after 2 years never service aircon, they check and said it is OK - Pressure. 

Another thing to check is if your piping is oily, if yes, you may need to topup a bottle of aircon "oil". RM50.  I do about every 3 years.

Good detailed info, esp with pricing. Anw, realized on market there is a aircon stop leak refill. Seems cheap and good for small leak. Any idea on that one? Available in Autobac etc? 

Are you talking about those little canister of refrigerant ?

If yes, never see before in SG shops.

Anyway, I hardly do any servicing for aircon until it is broken.  I don't even top up gas for a long long time.

Recently, while doing EO change in JB, they asked me if I want to check if aircon got enough gas as it seems that I never do aircon servicing with them since coming 3 years.

After they check, they become sian, no need to top up.

As the matter of facts, I never top up or service my home aircon and fridge lor.  My home last aircon  tahan 12 years without servicing and topup.  I aircon every day except the whole December and January.

As for car, it is slightly different from your home aircon, it has basically no control over the engine speed.  It depend on your foot.  While yes, it has a magnetic coupler to cut compressor to engine.  - Point 1

The faster your compressor spin, the higher the pressure - point 2

Most compressor absolute rpm is much lower than engine redline, I see alot of car compressors spec stated as 4k rpm max  - point 3

OK.  When pressure get too high, all the joints start to gas a bit as many piping joints in the car aircon is not wielded lor.

So if you don't want to go topping often, try :

a) If you redline everyday, try turning off the aircon before redlining, rather then waiting for the ECU to cut aircon com when RPM reach limit.

b) For some reason, there is a need to drive in a manner like aggressive driving which result in abrupt RPM change, turn off the aircon, and again rather than let the ECU do it.

c) Try to keep the engine RPM, as low as possible.  For my Carens - Idle 750, 60km/h 1.5K 80km/h 2K, 120km/h 3K.

With this, you probably don't need to get that "Not sure how to use" refrig can.

Hope this is useful.

Good detailed info, esp with pricing. Anw, realized on market there is a aircon stop leak refill. Seems cheap and good for small leak. Any idea on that one? Available in Autobac etc? 

Neutral Newbie

What do you think of aircon servicing at 1st Auto based at Circuit Road? They do general servicing too... [laugh]

If you mention to them to service the air con . . . 

Mostly advise to change the cooling coils, haha

Other guideline, may varies, my Carens said :

a) Change Evaporator - Add 100CC oil

b) Change Piping - Add 50CC oil

c) Change Condenser - Add 100CC oil

d) Change compressor - no need to add as manufacturer alway pre top the correct amount.

If you really want to play aircon DIY, you also need a vacuum pump. 

So, very troublesome. 

If you are as extreme as me, I will go change everything, once done.  Drive to JB without aircon, do a full suite RM170.

But never do it all these years, no major problem lor. And any car bigger than a corolla, you probably need to tear down the whole dashboard to get to the evaporator lor.

Need license meh?

Gain city top floor selling R-410A.

east side tomika is quite famous.

went a few times, their service is quite satisfactory.

not exactly the cheapest. but the guy knows his stuff.

Hi guys,

** Don’t want to get ripped off again! **   [smash]

east side tomika is quite famous.

went a few times, their service is quite satisfactory.

not exactly the cheapest. but the guy knows his stuff.

Is this in the Ubi/Eunos industrial estate one?

Which guy are you talking about? There was a Lee who drove a Wish. A bit straight-talking, but was quite knowledgeable. Went there twice 2-3 yr ago. 

When i went back last Jan, asked for Lee, and another older guy acknowledged. I said there was another, and was told that was the younger bro and he left. The 'new' one is the older bro and the boss...

I need to get something fixed soon… am wondering whether should go back there, or got elsewhere that is good and reasonably-priced.

yeah.

there's a thread about tomika here.

got 2 branch. ubi and alexandra if i remember correctly.

can't remember the boss name but found him quite honest lah. at least not like some workshop, everything also change compressor. 

hahaha

as i said. they are probably not the super cheapest workshop out there. but at least i find them relatively honest and knowledgeable. 

Is this in the Ubi/Eunos industrial estate one?

Which guy are you talking about? There was a Lee who drove a Wish. A bit straight-talking, but was quite knowledgeable. Went there twice 2-3 yr ago. 

When i went back last Jan, asked for Lee, and another older guy acknowledged. I said there was another, and was told that was the younger bro and he left. The 'new' one is the older bro and the boss...

I need to get something fixed soon… am wondering whether should go back there, or got elsewhere that is good and reasonably-priced.

↡ Advertisement