The 3 Cs of Aircon.

Compressor

Condenser

Cooling Coil

The 1 C most will kena.

Carrot.

• Praise 3

Supersonic

Is this in the Ubi/Eunos industrial estate one?

Which guy are you talking about? There was a Lee who drove a Wish. A bit straight-talking, but was quite knowledgeable. Went there twice 2-3 yr ago. 

When i went back last Jan, asked for Lee, and another older guy acknowledged. I said there was another, and was told that was the younger bro and he left. The 'new' one is the older bro and the boss...

I need to get something fixed soon… am wondering whether should go back there, or got elsewhere that is good and reasonably-priced.

This one I go to when I need to fix my aircon

New Luck Aircon at Kaki Bukit Autobay.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/merchant.php?MID=11840

yeah.

there's a thread about tomika here.

got 2 branch. ubi and alexandra if i remember correctly.

can't remember the boss name but found him quite honest lah. at least not like some workshop, everything also change compressor. 

hahaha

as i said. they are probably not the super cheapest workshop out there. but at least i find them relatively honest and knowledgeable. 

I was quite impressed with the younger bro, the 2 times i went there.

Then for the older bro (the boss), when i went back there last Jan, told him my problem (my wish a/c got step on accelerator then cold, if no step, after a while become not cold). Told him they (his bro) helped to change the control valve barely 1.5-2 yr ago. He asked his guy to take out a/c filter, see got leak, then said cooling coil leak liao, and it was confirmed by apparently no more gas. He then asked his guy to replace some fluid, which took about 15-20 min to complete. Even showed me the contaminated fluid as a result of the leak. Told me the dunno cooling coil or compressor is about to conk off and told me it was just a temp fix that can last perhaps a month, before the likely conk off. I told him i was trying to avoid costly repair as at that time my car had less than a year to go. 

The first surprise (pleasant one) was that after replacing that fluid (which required a big machine to dunno suck or pump, for some 15-20 min) and topping up a/c gas, he said no need charge.

The second surprise (pleasant in a way too), was that while the a/c gas did leak out in the next 1-2 wk (can smell it), the compressor (or did he say cooling coil) did not conk off as he expected. I renewed my COE this Jan, and till now the a/c is still 'got step will cold, after a while no cold'...

So now i not sure whether his diagnosis is spot on or not leh...

The younger bro, when i went there the 2 times, could confidently diagnose the problem after about 5 min each time. Dunno what happened that he had to leave, and where he is...

Supersonic

Are they good?

and how's their pricing?

Yeap, they're good.

Pricing is reasonable.

Cheaper than a certain shop I used to go.

They fix a problem for my friend when the other shop says it can't be done, saying must program ecu etc..

Is this in the Ubi/Eunos industrial estate one?

Which guy are you talking about? There was a Lee who drove a Wish. A bit straight-talking, but was quite knowledgeable. Went there twice 2-3 yr ago. 

When i went back last Jan, asked for Lee, and another older guy acknowledged. I said there was another, and was told that was the younger bro and he left. The 'new' one is the older bro and the boss...

I need to get something fixed soon… am wondering whether should go back there, or got elsewhere that is good and reasonably-priced.

I think Lee (skinny uncle) left the last time I went there and set up his own. Now I don't go back anymore.

Yeap, they're good.

Pricing is reasonable.

Cheaper than a certain shop I used to go.

They fix a problem for my friend when the other shop says it can't be done, saying must program ecu etc..

ok. it's not far from my workplace. maybe one day lunch time go check it out.

tks...

I think Lee (skinny uncle) left the last time I went there and set up his own. Now I don't go back anymore.

Yes, the skinny Lee. Dunno where he went.

Quite funny actually, when i went back (after he left), and asked for Lee (who's skinny), the staff pointed to a not-so-skinny and bit older guy, and he turned around and said he's Lee… only when i said i tot last time went there the Lee was another person who drove a wish (he was washing his car then…), did the older Lee say that was his younger bro...

ok. it's not far from my workplace. maybe one day lunch time go check it out.

tks...

Yes, the skinny Lee. Dunno where he went.

Quite funny actually, when i went back (after he left), and asked for Lee (who's skinny), the staff pointed to a not-so-skinny and bit older guy, and he turned around and said he's Lee… only when i said i tot last time went there the Lee was another person who drove a wish (he was washing his car then…), did the older Lee say that was his younger bro...

I googled and found him http://www.yigoautomobileaircon.com/about-us.html

yeah.

there's a thread about tomika here.

got 2 branch. ubi and alexandra if i remember correctly.

can't remember the boss name but found him quite honest lah. at least not like some workshop, everything also change compressor. 

hahaha

as i said. they are probably not the super cheapest workshop out there. but at least i find them relatively honest and knowledgeable. 

I went to Tomika Aircon Alexandra branch 1~2 years ago. The foreman Ah Soon was very patient and assured they will try to diagnose the problems first, when I queried whether cooling coil leaking. 

Fortunately they found the discharge hose leaking and replaced it. Iirc repair costs about S$120~150. I was very happy don't have to incur big repair costs.

Edited by Opel17
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Is not a place to request for maintenance of aircon ... overall experience is OK ..

Are they honest folks?

Hi ppl, I'm new to the forum and I can't start a new post. Saw this thread and hope I can get some advice.

My >10 yr Mit lancer glx has been having aircon problem for abt 3-4 months. It only happens when the weather is very hot. As such, most of the time it's ok. However, I think it has to be repaired sooner or later. Still got ~3yrs with the 5 yr COE.

Reading thru the threads, seems like it's either compressor or coil, right? I called Mit service center and they quoted around $800 + $250 labour for compressor. However, last time when I started to have the problem, I was doing routine servicing at Mit service center and I asked them to check what's the problem. In the end, they say they can't find any fault and say if the problem persists, then come back and they will change the compressor. 

I'm considering of repairing either in S'pore or JB. My friend did a compressor change for his nissan latio at RM$870 in JB. I also called a recommended shop in S'pore and he quoted $500+ if it's the compressor's fault.

So my questions are:

1. Is it worth going JB to check and repair?

2. My problem is not so obvious so I'm worried that the repair shop will just change the compressor if they can't be sure of the problem, is it possible?

3. How long does the repair usually takes? If > 1 day, then repairing in JB will be difficult.

Thanks for the advice.

Choice 1 : Ownself repair like me. USD167

Choice 2 : Go JB Century Auto (Near York Hotel)

They will check and advice.

If change compressor, very fast de, 20 mins Change + 1 Hour put gas.

You can actually bring your own spare part.

Hi ppl, I'm new to the forum and I can't start a new post. Saw this thread and hope I can get some advice.

My >10 yr Mit lancer glx has been having aircon problem for abt 3-4 months. It only happens when the weather is very hot. As such, most of the time it's ok. However, I think it has to be repaired sooner or later. Still got ~3yrs with the 5 yr COE.

Reading thru the threads, seems like it's either compressor or coil, right? I called Mit service center and they quoted around $800 + $250 labour for compressor. However, last time when I started to have the problem, I was doing routine servicing at Mit service center and I asked them to check what's the problem. In the end, they say they can't find any fault and say if the problem persists, then come back and they will change the compressor. 

I'm considering of repairing either in S'pore or JB. My friend did a compressor change for his nissan latio at RM$870 in JB. I also called a recommended shop in S'pore and he quoted $500+ if it's the compressor's fault.

So my questions are:
1. Is it worth going JB to check and repair?
2. My problem is not so obvious so I'm worried that the repair shop will just change the compressor if they can't be sure of the problem, is it possible?
3. How long does the repair usually takes? If > 1 day, then repairing in JB will be difficult.

Thanks for the advice.