Mitsubishi Attrage.

Cheesey74

Message added by kobayashiGT

Participate and learn more about Mitsubishi Attrage here! 

Test drove this car 2 times already with my wife. I must say being 1.2l and 3 cylinder engine, the power is fairly good. The spacious leg room of this sedan size and features are the best in its class.

I don't mean to be didactic, I just want to use some objective facts to show how hopelessly outdated this technology is. Although I've spoken for this car and said there is merit in it being one of the cheapest cars on sale, I think we need to see what kind of technology Mitsubishi is giving customers in 2015.

2015 Mitsubishi Attrage 1.2: 76bhp

2008 Suzuki Swift 1.2: 88 bhp (see http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=493453&DL=1037)

2010 Volkswagen Polo 1.2: 103bhp (see http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=493569&DL=2430)

There will be other merits with this car, and you don't really need that much power in a Singaporean context. But objectively, the technology they are using leaves much to be desired.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi,

I really hope to see more owner of attrage to feedback on their rides in term of fuel efficiency and other qualities.

Been to the showroom to view this car, must say the sales rep is poor in service.

Back to the car, for those who are keen to buy this car, i presume they are after something - FC or budget.

Yes, it is really a basic car without frills. But for buyer who look at this car, they probably have not much option in term of budget, or would like to save on a car, nothing else i guess.

I think the car is not really that cheap by promo price as we need to get loans and other qualifying criteria to get the car.

For me, basic car is ok, but i value safety aspect of it such as ESP. I do not need a car with HUD, nva, other not so important features except a car that will help in time one needs it, so I guess it is ESP. Attrage comes with 2 airbags, to me, sufficient as my current ride comes with just one, before that 2 which were activated when my bro took it for a ride and crashed it.

The next cheapest car should be a accent or rio that will come with better safety features and probably nicer built and look - both interior and exterior. As such, if we price in the slightly more frills other cars are offering, the promo price of 84k is not that cheap either. It will stay cheap at a tradeoff without those addition, and you can't pay more for it too.

Anyway, the reason why i am looking is really the fuel efficiency it can offer - although some disputed it can't be achieved in practical world. The engine is 76bhp for a reason, low on fuel coupled with light body weight of the car. It is tuned for fuel efficiency.

Ford ecoboost 1.0T is tuned for power and it will be hard to achieve fuel efficiency due to fact that driver will always go for power. It will be very difficult to get better mileage that attrage which I would think so.

Anyway, for buyer who buy attrage, fuel, spacious interior and cost would be the reasons and I may be one of them looking around now.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
(edited)

Attrage & Accent are at similar prices after all the discounts.. However, the Attrage package comes with more conditions, need to take their in-house insurance, need to take 50% loan, plus the 10k cevs which will affect scrape value.. this overall makes the Attrage package less attractive..

Edited by Tkseah

I'd like to get feedback from those who bought this car. I test drived this car recently and found it easy to drive. Very light and quite impressed that it comes with all the frills like eco mode, keyless entry. Love the legroom and huge boot, but I'm not a very big fan of sedans. In fact, the car looks quite "ugly" and the colours aren't fantastic.

I'm torn between this and the Nissan Note. Not looking for a powerful car, just one that is fuel efficient with spacious interior.

I did test drive the Hyundai Accent too but I think FC wise, won't be as good since it's a 1.4L car. Currently driving a 1.1 manual Getz which will expire soon. Just need a point A to B car for my family of 4.

Attrage has a very attractive price...almost one of the lowest in the market now. Just wondering if any catch, like expensive servicing or spare parts? Coz it has 5 yr warranty and 10 yr engine warranty. Nissan only offers 3+2, and very few dealers offer 10 yr engine warranty, so that makes me feel pretty much at ease since it's quite likely I'll use this car for 10 years.

Are there any other hatch backs I can look at if I want to do more comparison? I'm looking at $80k price range and so far, I think only Attrage, Note and Accent qualify.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Very light and quite impressed that it comes with all the frills like eco mode, keyless entry.

Keyless entry as a "frill" I can understand, but eco mode? [dizzy]

For those curious when I looked at the Attrage I asked the sales staff what its pronunciation should be. "Att-traj" as in "attract"-"mirage" is correct, as it is indeed the successor of the Mirage.

Supercharged

Keyless entry as a "frill" I can understand, but eco mode? [dizzy]

Actually it's not an eco mode.. it's an eco indicator which lights up when driver is driving in green manner..

Are there any other hatch backs I can look at if I want to do more comparison? I'm looking at $80k price range and so far, I think only Attrage, Note and Accent qualify.

U may also wish to take a look at Mazda2.. I'm in the same shopping bracket as u.. tempted by Attrage as well..

Actually it's not an eco mode.. it's an eco indicator which lights up when driver is driving in green manner..

U may also wish to take a look at Mazda2.. I'm in the same shopping bracket as u.. tempted by Attrage as well..

Mazda 2 is too small for me. In terms of boot space and legroom behind. Only Attrage and Note offers the space I need.

Supercharged

Mazda 2 is too small for me. In terms of boot space and legroom behind. Only Attrage and Note offers the space I need.

Yah, my wife say mazda2 boot too small.. she prefer Accent, while I prefer Attrage.. haven't test drive Note yet tho..

Yah, my wife say mazda2 boot too small.. she prefer Accent, while I prefer Attrage.. haven't test drive Note yet tho..

yah mazda 2 not really a family car. accent is nice coz' it's hatch and has manual drive. it's a nicer drive also. only thing FC not as good as attrage.

Turbocharged

Try Honda Jazz?

...But then, KM's pricing... how to buy...

• Praise 1

Try Honda Jazz?

...But then, KM's pricing... how to buy...

Jazz 1.3 going for around $100k so quite a distance away from the $85k thereabouts of the Attrage and Accent. Mz2 abit cheaper but still in mid $90k range.

Chery can get at below $80k but don't think we want to consider that [:p]

• Praise 5

Hi,

I really hope to see more owner of attrage to feedback on their rides in term of fuel efficiency and other qualities.

Been to the showroom to view this car, must say the sales rep is poor in service.

Back to the car, for those who are keen to buy this car, i presume they are after something - FC or budget.

Yes, it is really a basic car without frills. But for buyer who look at this car, they probably have not much option in term of budget, or would like to save on a car, nothing else i guess.

I think the car is not really that cheap by promo price as we need to get loans and other qualifying criteria to get the car.

For me, basic car is ok, but i value safety aspect of it such as ESP. I do not need a car with HUD, nva, other not so important features except a car that will help in time one needs it, so I guess it is ESP. Attrage comes with 2 airbags, to me, sufficient as my current ride comes with just one, before that 2 which were activated when my bro took it for a ride and crashed it.

The next cheapest car should be a accent or rio that will come with better safety features and probably nicer built and look - both interior and exterior. As such, if we price in the slightly more frills other cars are offering, the promo price of 84k is not that cheap either. It will stay cheap at a tradeoff without those addition, and you can't pay more for it too.

Anyway, the reason why i am looking is really the fuel efficiency it can offer - although some disputed it can't be achieved in practical world. The engine is 76bhp for a reason, low on fuel coupled with light body weight of the car. It is tuned for fuel efficiency.

Ford ecoboost 1.0T is tuned for power and it will be hard to achieve fuel efficiency due to fact that driver will always go for power. It will be very difficult to get better mileage that attrage which I would think so.

Anyway, for buyer who buy attrage, fuel, spacious interior and cost would be the reasons and I may be one of them looking around now.

which showroom you went to? better go to the lengkee who is the main distributor. the showroom at ubi is actually fulco , a car dealer. who is a 3rd party . Mitsubishi >distribute > Cycle > distribute > fulco. hence, service level and sales rep standard very different

• Praise 2

I don't mean to be didactic, I just want to use some objective facts to show how hopelessly outdated this technology is. Although I've spoken for this car and said there is merit in it being one of the cheapest cars on sale, I think we need to see what kind of technology Mitsubishi is giving customers in 2015.

2015 Mitsubishi Attrage 1.2: 76bhp

2008 Suzuki Swift 1.2: 88 bhp (see http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=493453&DL=1037)

2010 Volkswagen Polo 1.2: 103bhp (see http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=493569&DL=2430)

There will be other merits with this car, and you don't really need that much power in a Singaporean context. But objectively, the technology they are using leaves much to be desired.

With your argument.

Honda is short changing their clients as well!

90s Honda civic 1.6. 160bhp

2015 honda civic 1.6. 130bhp

With your argument.

Honda is short changing their clients as well!

90s Honda civic 1.6. 160bhp

2015 honda civic 1.6. 130bhp

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the 90s Civic which produces 160bhp... you're probably referring to a turbocharged model (sorry, I'm really not familiar with this) at the higher end of the spectrum, which would have commanded a premium anyway.

One wonders if all those 129bhp/130bhp cars are really just 129 or 130. After 2013, there is an incentive to under-declare. [sly]

• Praise 1

(edited)

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the 90s Civic which produces 160bhp... you're probably referring to a turbocharged model (sorry, I'm really not familiar with this) at the higher end of the spectrum, which would have commanded a premium anyway.

One wonders if all those 129bhp/130bhp cars are really just 129 or 130. After 2013, there is an incentive to under-declare. [sly]

Honda EG6/9 running B16A engine, 170ps/7800rpm.

http://asia.vtec.net/specs/egcivic/

Edited by Cheesey74
  • Praise 1

To answer your question. There's no turbo charging. Those engines were tuned for power. The current engines are tuned for efficiency.

And authorised dealers cannot under declare . this is an illegal practice and if caught. They risk losing their distributorship. If u r the head of AD, will u dare take this risk?

Don't forget if one dealer under declare, its easy for sour grapes to sabo and report to authorities. Its all about risk and return

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3