Mitsubishi Attrage.

Cheesey74

Message added by kobayashiGT

Participate and learn more about Mitsubishi Attrage here! 

For myself moving from my previous car to this car was a step up in all areas. Be it comfort, refinement and fuel consumption. Your impression of this car is all relative. Depending on what you are used to driving before. It's all about managing expectations. If you come out of a BMW and jumped into this with high expectations you will be disappointed.

I got this car due to its price, spaciousness ( in terms of rear leg room and boot), frugality and economical running costs. It's not about performance and driving dynamics.

Driving wise suspension is comfortable and soft (but rolls a lot). It's easy to manoeuvre due to tight turning radius and easy to drive. I came from a car with no power steering so this was a huge change for me.

Fuel consumption without you trying to be economical, even at its worst, is still good. So far the worst I got was about 13KM/L.

I am used to driving small cc cars and am used to the lack of power. For the 1.2 engine, don't expect the pick up of that of a 1.6L car that's for sure but its acceptable for daily driving.

As for interior yes it's plasticky.. the same for similar cars like the Almere and Note. Other than that features wise I am happy with them at this price point.

For similar cars you can test drive the Nissan Almera, Note and Accent. I tried the Note (both NA & Supercharged) and Accent. But decided on the Attrage due to lower price along with other considerations. Accent rear leg room and rear windscreen were too small. Note 1.2 NA performance was similar to Attrage. Leg room was as good as Attrage but boot space is smaller as it's a hatch. Ultimately it depends on what you want and prefer.

I totally agree with you bro. That is why I ended up with an Attrage well and I am happy about it.

Edited by Zeevincez

Cannot deny that Attrage wins in purchase price, low maintenance costs, low fuel consumption and generous interior room and a gigiantic boot, while looking compact on the outside.

Only letdown is the 3 cylinder engine.

Cannot deny that Attrage wins in purchase price, low maintenance costs, low fuel consumption and generous interior room and a gigiantic boot, while looking compact on the outside.

Only letdown is the 3 cylinder engine.

Agreed, if attrage doesnt have vibration issue, this car really very good in terms on everything, except safety. Cause i find this car very flimsy.

Edited by 13177

I think if go JB to install the touchscreen should be much cheaper.

Thanks. But wont it void the warraanty? 

If i install my own in car camera.. will it void the warranty?

Thanks. But wont it void the warraanty?

If i install my own in car camera.. will it void the warranty?

u may wanna chk the warranty contract if it covers factory fitted ICE or anything related that may void the warranty. correct me if I'm wrong, i think usually warranty covers only engine. all wear and tear items and in car items are never in the warranty

it doesn't make sense to me if u install in car camera and back camera for better safety and/or upgrade your ICE for better drive will void the warranty.

I think best u can chk with agent and read the warranty contract. if it doesn't affect warranty, I thought it's worth going JB to get a gd touch screen system. heard that it's cheaper too.

just sharing my thoughts :)

u may wanna chk the warranty contract if it covers factory fitted ICE or anything related that may void the warranty. correct me if I'm wrong, i think usually warranty covers only engine. all wear and tear items and in car items are never in the warranty

it doesn't make sense to me if u install in car camera and back camera for better safety and/or upgrade your ICE for better drive will void the warranty.

I think best u can chk with agent and read the warranty contract. if it doesn't affect warranty, I thought it's worth going JB to get a gd touch screen system. heard that it's cheaper too.

Okay! Thanks for your help! Just bid until the COE.. Now waiting for my ride..

Sorry cause this my first time getting a car. So I am not sure of a lot of things

Vibration?

Money saved on R&D on the 3 cylinders unit is what I can think of.

Look at conti 3 cylinders, what vibration....

Could it be because of the 900kg weight? That 900kg to me is a plus.

Could it be because of the 900kg weight? That 900kg to me is a plus.

I am more inclined to believe the engine unit is not that balanced.

Improved over Daihatsu charade of course.

• Praise 1

Because two of the pistons move up and down in the cylinders at the same time, the three-cylinder engine is naturally unbalanced.

Two of the three-cylinder engines on the market, those used in the Smart car and the Mitsubishi Mirage, are low-tech compared with the Ford, BMW, Toyota and GM engines. They do not have turbochargers or direct fuel injection.

With the Mirage, Mitsubishi's focus was on delivering an affordable entry-level car that offers the fuel economy of a diesel or a hybrid, but at a much lower price. There was no debate about adding a turbocharger or direct fuel injection, said Bryan Arnett, Mitsubishi's senior manager of product planning.

The goal was to reduce the vehicle's overall curb weight to enable the engine to deliver adequate performance. The Mirage weighs just 1,863 pounds and can reach 60 mph in about 11 seconds.

"Cost and affordability were the primary initiatives," Arnett said. "Rather than concentrate on producing more power, we wanted to reduce overall curb weight. We wanted an over-40-mpg car."

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Anyone knows the profit margin of the attrage? The base cost is around $24k according to LTA's web. So with the current coe of ~53k, does it mean it needs to be sold at least 77k for profit? So with the current price at 79k i guess they have very low profit margins?

Anyone knows the profit margin of the attrage? The base cost is around $24k according to LTA's web. So with the current coe of ~53k, does it mean it needs to be sold at least 77k for profit? So with the current price at 79k i guess they have very low profit margins?

i bought at the recent coe price for 80k.