Mitsubishi Attrage.

Cheesey74

Message added by kobayashiGT

Participate and learn more about Mitsubishi Attrage here! 

with such budget and can achieved this type of performance...ntg to say lor.... considered good

Just went on a trip to Tangkak, Johor using NSHW. It was a good 2-2.5hr drive from Tuas Checkpoint, Moderate to heavy traffic, so only could maintain speed of 100-110km/h when going to Tangkak. Came back to Singapore in the night, traffic quite light. Both journeys had 5 people in the car, with some luggage in the boot. I drove to Tangkak, and my son drove during the journey back to Singapore. So I am able to give my opinion from both the driver and passenger perspective. Few things to take note:

1) Cabin was a bit noisy due to tyre noise at speeds of 110km/h and above, mostly due to the road surfaces.

2) Cross-winds could be felt through the steering wheel, but the car could be controlled easily. Passengers did not feel cross-winds.

3) The standard tyres fitted to the car, Bridgestone Potenza S001, did a very good job of gripping the road.

4) Suspension was capable of soaking up bumps in the road, making the journey comfortable.

5) Air-con is extremely powerful and managed to keep everyone cool, especially during checkpoint jam.

6) Overtaking on the highway required me to floor the accelerator, but once I entered the overtaking lane, I was confident enough to take the car up to 120km/h at times, with moderate pressure on accelerator.

7) Headlight range at night is excellent, especially when the front foglights are also switched on. High-beam was not necessary at all. Turn signal lights are also very bright.

8) Hardly any wind noise could be heard in the cabin.

9) Brakes were powerful enough to slow the car right down, especially when some cars cut into your lane suddenly. Was extremely impressed by braking power, since the rear uses drum brakes and the front discs are quite small.

10) Spacious enough for 3 adults to sit in the rear, with ample legroom and headroom, although hip space was quite limiting.

11) Visibility is very good, big side mirrors aiding during overtaking.

Overall, in my opinion, I feel that it is a very capable car to be taken on the NSHW, and definitely more comfortable than my previous car, Toyota Vios(2006). Engine was able to deliver, keeping in mind that it is only a 1.2 litre. Vibrations from the engine could only be felt when the car is at a standstill. Even then, the vibrations are not continuous and can be easily tolerated, only penetrating into the cabin very minimally.

Uber attrage confirm have stronger vibrations and more noisy due to increased usage when compared to personal Attrages, so people looking to buy the Attrage should not use Uber Attrages as comparison. Just my two cents.

Overall consumption was 6.5L/100km. Quite good, considering the fact that I overtook many times, hence flooring the accelerator many times as well.

Surprisingly attrage even better than vios?

Yes I strongly feel that the Attrage is better than Vios(2006) in terms of convenience features and comfort. But I admit that the reliablility of the Vios was extremely excellent, never broke down at all throughout the 10 years of ownership, apart from loosened engine mountings that caused the engine to vibrate strongly, in its last 2 years.

I sat in a Uber attrage.

It's really noisy.

I sat it as a taxi in Ho Chi Minh city, agreed it is very noisy.

Yes I strongly feel that the Attrage is better than Vios(2006) in terms of convenience features and comfort. But I admit that the reliablility of the Vios was extremely excellent, never broke down at all throughout the 10 years of ownership, apart from loosened engine mountings that caused the engine to vibrate strongly, in its last 2 years.

2006 Vios was 1st introducedition in 2002, more than 10yrs apart from the Attrage, how to compare.

Is like comparing IPhone 1 with iPhone 7.

Anyone went to the showroom?? Sgcarmart stated that has a face-lift model? So wondering is there some new to the attrage??

post-23002-0-79274500-1482211153.jpg

This is how it will not look like.

:D

• Praise 1

Does anyone know if I can dump the insurance for a cheaper one within the first year? The in-house insurer was taken for the discount but it is quite a bad deal. 

• Praise 1

Does anyone know if I can dump the insurance for a cheaper one within the first year? The in-house insurer was taken for the discount but it is quite a bad deal.

The pro rating of refunds will make it even worse..
  • Praise 1

Just went on a trip to Tangkak, Johor using NSHW. It was a good 2-2.5hr drive from Tuas Checkpoint, Moderate to heavy traffic, so only could maintain speed of 100-110km/h when going to Tangkak. Came back to Singapore in the night, traffic quite light. Both journeys had 5 people in the car, with some luggage in the boot. I drove to Tangkak, and my son drove during the journey back to Singapore. So I am able to give my opinion from both the driver and passenger perspective. Few things to take note:

1) Cabin was a bit noisy due to tyre noise at speeds of 110km/h and above, mostly due to the road surfaces.

2) Cross-winds could be felt through the steering wheel, but the car could be controlled easily. Passengers did not feel cross-winds.

3) The standard tyres fitted to the car, Bridgestone Potenza S001, did a very good job of gripping the road.

4) Suspension was capable of soaking up bumps in the road, making the journey comfortable.

5) Air-con is extremely powerful and managed to keep everyone cool, especially during checkpoint jam.

6) Overtaking on the highway required me to floor the accelerator, but once I entered the overtaking lane, I was confident enough to take the car up to 120km/h at times, with moderate pressure on accelerator.

7) Headlight range at night is excellent, especially when the front foglights are also switched on. High-beam was not necessary at all. Turn signal lights are also very bright.

8) Hardly any wind noise could be heard in the cabin.

9) Brakes were powerful enough to slow the car right down, especially when some cars cut into your lane suddenly. Was extremely impressed by braking power, since the rear uses drum brakes and the front discs are quite small.

10) Spacious enough for 3 adults to sit in the rear, with ample legroom and headroom, although hip space was quite limiting.

11) Visibility is very good, big side mirrors aiding during overtaking.

Overall, in my opinion, I feel that it is a very capable car to be taken on the NSHW, and definitely more comfortable than my previous car, Toyota Vios(2006). Engine was able to deliver, keeping in mind that it is only a 1.2 litre. Vibrations from the engine could only be felt when the car is at a standstill. Even then, the vibrations are not continuous and can be easily tolerated, only penetrating into the cabin very minimally.

Uber attrage confirm have stronger vibrations and more noisy due to increased usage when compared to personal Attrages, so people looking to buy the Attrage should not use Uber Attrages as comparison. Just my two cents.

Overall consumption was 6.5L/100km. Quite good, considering the fact that I overtook many times, hence flooring the accelerator many times as well.

Flooring the accelerator? Did the engine scream? Not sure if the engine can take such beating regularly Edited by Friendstar
  • Praise 1

Discounted and yet still bad deal?

• Praise 1

Flooring the accelerator? Did the engine scream? Not sure if the engine can take such beating regularly

I wouldn't describe it as screaming, but it was the typical 3-cylinder high-revving sound. More like a straining sound. But it felt quite free-revving. CVT was quick to bring the revs very high.

Take up overpriced insurance and loan for 5,000 discount?

Insurance can be overpriced frm agent. Recently got quotation from NTUC, same insurance thru agent and directly. There is a prices are not the same. Direct was lower.

Insurance can be overpriced frm agent. Recently got quotation from NTUC, same insurance thru agent and directly. There is a prices are not the same. Direct was lower.

Think depends on AD, some might offered a better deal than direct?!

↡ Advertisement