Chevy Malibu 2016

Singxmm

Hi all

I've taken delivery of my Malibu already.

First day average fuel economy at approx 9.5km/L as normal traffic speed. Approx 50% city and 50% HW.

To anyone who is collecting your Malibu, rem to DEFLATE the tire pressure to 230kpa upon collection. Alpine over inflate to 280!!

Will monitor further... Car parked at home as I went overseas for working trip the next day hahaha

Well, I normally inflate my cruze to 260 or 270 for my 16" tyres. Yours running 17" or 18"? @80 still acceptable for fuel saving.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi all

I've taken delivery of my Malibu already.

First day average fuel economy at approx 9.5km/L as normal traffic speed. Approx 50% city and 50% HW.

To anyone who is collecting your Malibu, rem to DEFLATE the tire pressure to 230kpa upon collection. Alpine over inflate to 280!!

Will monitor further... Car parked at home as I went overseas for working trip the next day hahaha

not alpine la. its the factory. most cars exiting the factory will have their tires pumped up cause it will sit in the ports and storage area for some time.

I dont think Alpine will bother to top up tire pressure for every car for their pre delivery inspection.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

Congratulations on your new ride. 

Care to share some pics? 

For a pre run in new car the fuel consumption seems reasonable for your driving pattern. 

Think have to get some more longer trials for confirmation. 

Well, I normally inflate my cruze to 260 or 270 for my 16" tyres. Yours running 17" or 18"? @80 still acceptable for fuel saving.

245/45 R18

280kpa is too bumpy and tire noise actualy increased. The owner manual recommends 220, but I deflate to 230 and the car is super quiet n rides like a magic carpet now... and it doesnt wallow ard like the Camry

Congratulations on your new ride. 

Care to share some pics? 

For a pre run in new car the fuel consumption seems reasonable for your driving pattern. 

Think have to get some more longer trials for confirmation. 

Here you go. Sorry for the awful env where these pics were taken, I was in a rush to go home to prep for my overseas trip the very next day.... So anyhow park la :)

I am still at overseas as I type this

post-2078-0-17038800-1450249240_thumb.jpg

post-2078-0-36765200-1450249243_thumb.jpg 

Hi all

Just returned from over overseas working trip. Today is my 2nd day of driving my Malibu.

Average fuel consumption recorded this morning... during morning rush hour traffic. 50% city 50% ermm... slow highway.

Totally stock still running on factory engine oil, Caltex 95 octane fuel.

Is it good FC for a 1.6ton car? :) My ex Civic also got similar numbers despite weighing less, and I used top quality 20wt oil and engine mods.

post-2078-0-40684200-1450403251_thumb.jpg

Impressive. Considering 50/50 split.

Fuel consumption should only improve with more run in

Yes, I am not sure what brand of engine oil Alpine uses, nor do I know its viscoscity.

GM stated 0w30 only. This LE9 engine can't accept any 40wt oil. 50wt oil would prob cause the check engine light to come on.

well, its still a re-badged daewoo american car made in South Korea.

Nonetheless, a good car.

With most parts imported from USA. I removed some engine covers to inspect the engine bay in details over the weekend and confirmed that the engine block and gb are from GM USA. Even the batt is from USA. Tires are Bridgestone RE050A and they were made in USA also.

If there's any Korean made parts inside, GM sure knows how to hide them well from customers eyes.. not that Koreans parts are no good of cos.

With most parts imported from USA. I removed some engine covers to inspect the engine bay in details over the weekend and confirmed that the engine block and gb are from GM USA. Even the batt is from USA. Tires are Bridgestone RE050A and they were made in USA also.

If there's any Korean made parts inside, GM sure knows how to hide them well from customers eyes.. not that Koreans parts are no good of cos.

just like saab, the parts are from GM bin and malibu is assembled in South Korea.

GM products i would say is hardy and reliable.

just like saab, the parts are from GM bin and malibu is assembled in South Korea.

GM products i would say is hardy and reliable.

The now defunct Saab 9-5 chassis used the same chassis as Malibu anyway, which in turn is shared by Opel Insginia, Buick LaCrosse. This is one of the toughest chassis ever built by GM till date, Gotta drive it to experience it... its not those wobbly, flexible Camry chassis where you can feel the whole car twisting itself around under hard cornering  

Malibu is one of the best looking car. Timeless looks, especially the rear LED lamps when lighted.

Yes 101% agree, overall better than any other in the class :a-m1212:

• Praise 1

116k seems like a good price.

But it's doomed to be a rarely seen car on the road.

Am sure the Malibu will sell like hot Cakes if it wears a Mercedes or BMW badge, and retails at double its existing price.

Superb car in every aspect, but victimised for wearing the Chevy badge.

Edited by Vinceng

Lol I guess that you guys will buying Malibu as your next ride right.

Hope i can see more new ones on the road.

So far my total count is 1.

I agree the current malibu 2016 in the USA looks good.

The one in SG looks nothing special.

↡ Advertisement