Chevy Malibu 2016

Singxmm

I have to say there's not much role for Opel here. It's a dead brand in sg and will always be with VW taking the base german car role here.

Chevrolet has the wider range of cars more suitable for singapore. 

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement

I have to say there's not much role for Opel here. It's a dead brand in sg and will always be with VW taking the base german car role here.

Chevrolet has the wider range of cars more suitable for singapore. 

I feel the same. Maybe that's why GM feels that there's a need to promote the brand further. I think they are also not satisfied with the Chevy sales figures here.

My opinion is that the marketing and awareness of the GM brands are hardly existent.

I feel the same. Maybe that's why GM feels that there's a need to promote the brand further. I think they are also not satisfied with the Chevy sales figures here.

My opinion is that the marketing and awareness of the GM brands are hardly existent.

GM globally has been quite a failure compared to Ford.

Only has a strong presence in china through their JV.

Their local brands in Vauxhall, Holden, Opel and GM Korea only.

Well so many car manufacturers out there. Haha really wealth of choices especially here in SG  [nod]

GM globally has been quite a failure compared to Ford.

Only has a strong presence in china through their JV.

Their local brands in Vauxhall, Holden, Opel and GM Korea only.

Well so many car manufacturers out there. Haha really wealth of choices especially here in SG  [nod]

But if you look at the bigger picture as the GM group they are more or less on par with VW group and both are just behind Toyota in terms of sales volume globally. Locally ppl do not see it coz market is too small. I dunno where Ford stands globally.

But if you look at the bigger picture as the GM group they are more or less on par with VW group and both are just behind Toyota in terms of sales volume globally. Locally ppl do not see it coz market is too small. I dunno where Ford stands globally.

GM sells most of it's cars locally and in china.

The Chevy silverado is the 2nd best selling truck in USA. And trucks are selling like hot cakes in USA since the drop in oil prices.

Their 4 biggest brands are GMC, Buick which don't even sell here. Chevy and Cadillac.

The chinese market stands for a great amount of their overseas sales. The slowdown in the chinese automobile market is expected to hit GM the most among auto manufacturers other than VW.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAIC-GM

Ford has a stronger presence in Europe and globally but only under the Ford brand. Ford is a smaller company than GM definitely.

But in USA, they have this no.1 best seller, the F-150. Lol almost double the sales of Camry/civic.

http://online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3022-autosales.html

I would say if oil prices ever rebound to say the 60-80 USD range, GM will be more affected cos they are mostly US/china centric (which are the 2 largest automobile markets in the world). VW, Toyota are real globe trotters though. They sell cars everywhere.

Edited by Lala81

The Chevy silverado is the 2nd best selling truck in USA. And trucks are selling like hot cakes in USA since the drop in oil prices.

Their 4 biggest brands are GMC, Buick which don't even sell here. Chevy and Cadillac.

The chinese market stands for a great amount of their overseas sales. The slowdown in the chinese automobile market is expected to hit GM the most among auto manufacturers other than VW.

Ford has a stronger presence in Europe and globally but only under the Ford brand. Ford is a smaller company than GM definitely.

But in USA, they have this no.1 best seller, the F-150. Lol almost double the sales of Camry/civic.

I would say if oil prices ever rebound to say the 60-80 USD range, GM will be more affected cos they are mostly US centric. VW, Toyota are real globe trotters though. They sell cars everywhere.

Opel will have to start from somewhere. If they remain low profile all the way it will just stay there.

I would say if oil prices ever rebound to say the 60-80 USD range, GM will be more affected cos they are mostly US/china centric (which are the 2 largest automobile markets in the world). VW, Toyota are real globe trotters though. They sell cars everywhere.

GM vehicles are generally the most reliable among the Big 3, with Buick brand almost at the top together Toyota and Honda. And its certainly way ahead than Nissan and Mitsubishi. And I dont mean those rebadged Daewoo. I mean real Chevy and Buick.

Thats the reason why I chose the Malibu over the high tech Ford Mondeo... Of cos Mondeo is alot more ex... but $$ aside, Ford DSG is a known to be super problematic. And the EcoBoost is not that Eco either

Opel will have to start from somewhere. If they remain low profile all the way it will just stay there.

The trouble is, GM has always treated Opel as a b**tard child of sorts. GM aquire Opel in 1945 after WWII. After that, it has always been living in the shadow of GM itself. Opel products may be unique on the surface, but mech its always based on some GM USA chassis or something. Eg, current Astra is just a very expensive Cruze. Insignia is just a very expensive Malibu and Buick LaCrosse.

SG market is screwed la. Too many sinkies are stuck to the herd's mentality and will buy exactly what their neighbors are buying. Many great models were forced to leave SG market not becos they are lousy, its becos no one is buying as no one was buying before them!

Eg Suzuki Kizashi. Can anyone claim the Camry and Accord is significantly better than the Kizashi is every dept?

Opel is not gonna make it.

Chevy should be the focus here, at least color it in bumble bee color many will buy, regardless the model haha

Alpine should bring in top spec Chevy models, be it Cruze or Sonic etc. The current lineup may be relatively cheap, but you look at their specs... they are mid grade LS specs with just 2 airbags.

And the Orlando we have are still stuck an old style key ignition

• Praise 1

Alpine should bring in top spec Chevy models, be it Cruze or Sonic etc. The current lineup may be relatively cheap, but you look at their specs... they are mid grade LS specs with just 2 airbags.

And the Orlando we have are still stuck an old style key ignition

ya man i wanted the cruze then i see e specs can actually lose to jap made cars how to buy zzz.

just color it bumblebee yellow sure many ppl buy zz

Chevy fan base really very little locally

Even in MCF, there isn't any threads catered for the new cruze or sonic etc as compared to other makes.

Edited by KoreanLover

Any idea how much is the servicing costs charge by the AD?

Available of parts could be a problem as only small number of units in Singapore, maybe less than 100?

U scroll up or go to earlier pages to see my photo on my trip computer.

Its ard 11-12km/L, 70% highway... 11 if I get stuck on reg roads more often.

Seriously its as good if not better than my ex FD1... and FD1 was a 1.8L and weighs <1.3 tons...

Malibu is 2.4L and weighs almost 1.6tons... And I am still on original factory engine oil. Havent gone for 10000km svcs yet

Any idea how much is the servicing costs charge by the AD?

Available of parts could be a problem as only small number of units in Singapore, maybe less than 100?

You may google for chevy parts stockists in sg. AD service prices please check with the sales exec when u are there. The prices is slightly cheaper than toyota and honda in sg. Anyway first year free svcs is inlcuded in the price, and Malibu doesnt have a lot of consumables to replace. Even the radiator coolant is designed for life.

And if u really want to save on parts costs order from amazon or taobao. Gen 8 Malibu is very popular in USA parts no issues at all. Or you can order from taobao for this Malibu is popular in china too.

Theres less than 30 Malibu in sg bro hehe. This is why you feel so special on the road... And you do command attention on the road often despite its so called boring looks

Cheefarn, i like it when you said the top 3 models are the Corvette, Camaro and Impala!

Of cos the silverado pickup would be the best seller among all. But for passenger cars, the aforementioned 3 stars are the best GM can offer as well as tech showcase of what americans can do vs the japs and europeans and koreans
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1