Chevy Malibu 2016

Singxmm

Turbocharged

You may wish to know that the current Opel Insignia shared the same Epsilon II chassis as the Malibu and many parts are shared too.

And although we can't get it in SG, Both Gen 8 and the 2016 Gen 9 Malibu can be ordered with the wonderful 250hp 2L Ecotec Turbo engine in the USA... That engine is also used in the Insignia and it was once offered in SG too.

Now you know why Chevy and Opel are sold together in SG? haha..

Actually the 2016 rear mimics the current Corvette according to GM.

While the Gen 8 Malibu tailights we have in SG  mimics the preFL Camaro obviously. All are fully intentional efforts by GM to offer some family resemblence.

The Gen 9 Malibu recieved flak from some auto journalists in the USA for trying to look too Korean. I mean, the rear end does look alot like the Sonata or the new Azera. Although the interior drew praises in general.

Our Gen 8 looks quite nice from the side imo... The classic coke bottle styling thats so in rage during the late 60s is evident in the Gen 8 Malibu... The 2016 model... sadly looses this styling element.

The 2016 one went for the fastback coupe-like look. I have little doubt it is an attempt to challenge the Ford Fusion, which is still considered one of the most stylish in the mid-size class. Each has its own appeal. I do like the Malibu both G8 and the 2016, but front end of the G8 Malibu is rather bland. The Camaro esque rear is nice if not a bit oddly proportioned.

Don't tell me you saw me? [wave]  :meaw:

I today saw one grayish specimen in Hougang area

↡ Advertisement

Malibu is one of the best looking car. Timeless looks, especially the rear LED lamps when lighted.

Yeah and so much nicer than the new one.

:D

• Praise 4

The 2016 one went for the fastback coupe-like look. I have little doubt it is an attempt to challenge the Ford Fusion, which is still considered one of the most stylish in the mid-size class. Each has its own appeal. I do like the Malibu both G8 and the 2016, but front end of the G8 Malibu is rather bland. The Camaro esque rear is nice if not a bit oddly proportioned.

I today saw one grayish specimen in Hougang area

The rear was tapered off considerably in a bid to make the Malibu suit European tastes for 'small' cars. But the rest of the car is still so big LOL

If u think the the factory tailight setup is not good looking enough, wanna try buying this from taobao? [laugh]

http://world.taobao.com/item/41252476930.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.SpZBAN#detail

You get a Malibu wearing glasses taillight LOL

Turbocharged

The rear was tapered off considerably in a bid to make the Malibu suit European tastes for 'small' cars. But the rest of the car is still so big LOL

If u think the the factory tailight setup is not good looking enough, wanna try buying this from taobao? [laugh]

http://world.taobao.com/item/41252476930.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.SpZBAN#detail

You get a Malibu wearing glasses taillight LOL

Thought Malibu original tail lights already LED?

to me it really just seems like they are targetting the Ford Fusion... they went the same "coupe-like" style

2016-chevrolet-malibu-20t-inline6-photo-

1-2013-Ford-Fusion-SE-Hybrid-Beauty-Side

Thought Malibu original tail lights already LED?

to me it really just seems like they are targetting the Ford Fusion... they went the same "coupe-like" styleL

Lower end Malibu LS in USA and China came with conventional light bulbs tailight. Headlights are also non HID with zero LED inside.

Well anything to make your Malibu looked special mah. These new fused neon lights LED are the rage now in Europe. Many Hyundai and Kia offers such lights as well too

Turbocharged

Lower end Malibu LS in USA and China came with conventional light bulbs tailight. Headlights are also non HID with zero LED inside.

Well anything to make your Malibu looked special mah. These new fused neon lights LED are the rage now in Europe. Many Hyundai and Kia offers such lights as well too

ya... fibreoptic LED lights are the in thing now

ya... fibreoptic LED lights are the in thing now

So much so that C n C retrofit the antique Lancers locally before sale with these so called EagleEyes tailamps so that the antique Lancers can remain...ermm... 'appealing' to buyers.... [hur]

Chevy fan base really very little locally

Even in MCF, there isn't any threads catered for the new cruze or sonic etc as compared to other makes.

Agree bro! Just got a Sonic hatchback but seems like no avenue to talk abt it =/

I really love the 2016 Malibu - it is indeed very high-tech and contemporary. However, our Asian market's version is not even having the 2015 version, but only the 2014/2013 version!

I really love the 2016 Malibu - it is indeed very high-tech and contemporary. However, our Asian market's version is not even having the 2015 version, but only the 2014/2013 version!

Actually that bumper was a last min ditch effort to try to make the Gen8 Malibu looked ermm... more interesting.

Its a direct bolt on replacment bumper... Just order an oriignal one from Amazon, ship it over and have it spray painted here and install. It fits all existing headlights and foglamps bezels and mounting points, no mods neccessary. 

But IMHO, I still prefer our current original bumper look. The new bumper made the Malibu looked abit nose heavy and not very sleek.

[media]

https://youtu.be/5Vdc3iEDPUA[/media]

The new Malibu has just been launched in Korea:

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/biz/2016/04/388_203570.html

Since Singapore's Malibu is sourced from Korea, hope that a Singapore launch will not be too far off.

Yup yup... This time... 2L Turbo Ecotec with 250hp and 350NM of torque :wub:

8 speed, yes 8 speed Aisin Warner AT.

wheelbase stretched a whopping 100mm to 2830mm... Our Gen 8 Malibu at 2730mm only, which is stingy no doubt.

Hope we really get the full spec LTZ trim this time... my Malibu is not a 'true' LTZ model despite wearing the top spec LTZ model name LOL... heated steering wheels, heated front seats, mem function for the front seats, lane departure warning and window curtain airbags all deleted from the local model [furious]

I expect the airbag count to be reverted to normal for the Gen 9 Malibu in SG... and the lane departure warning also... Thank god GM didnt see the need to install auto start stop thingy to the 2L engine

Cheefarn, the current Gen 8 Malibu in Singapore only 4 airbags ?

Yes, should be 6 as found in all other countries where the Gen 8 Malibu was sold... well except Bolehland... where they got the same 4 airbags as we do... [furious]

In North America, Gen 8 Malibu came with 10 airbags... 2 below the front dash, and side airbags for the rear passengers...

Dear Chevy mates

I would like to highlight to you beware of the workshop at AMK that services Chevy car. I  had a very bad experience with the workshop and I will never be back there anymore.

Just to GIVE  A Heads up to all Chevy owners !

↡ Advertisement