What's your servicing interval for oil change?

Fpchong

What's your servicing interval for your car (within warranty or after warranty) for oil change?

5000km for fully synthetic motor oil or 10,000km as industrial standard practice?

Which oil should you use? 5W30/5W40/5W50?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

What's your servicing interval for your car (within warranty or after warranty) for oil change?

5000km for fully synthetic motor oil or 10,000km as industrial standard practice?

u will get a wide range of answers here, as it also depends a lot on the car. IF u r seeking guidance for your own ride, perhaps u shld share ur car model here.

my 2.0L turbo jap ride: oil change at 5k, using full syn. Either 5w50, 15w50 or 20w50

For my past ride:

Hyundai Matrix 1.6M - 5000km Shell Helix 5W40 / Carlube 5W40 (DIY), Groupon Service package (6 mths or 5000km).

Hyundai Tucson 2.0A - 5000km / 6 mths - Groupon Service package

Hyundai Trajet 2.0A - just served before collected the car.

For my past ride:

Hyundai Matrix 1.6M - 5000km Shell Helix 5W40 / Carlube 5W40 (DIY), Groupon Service package (6 mths or 5000km).

Hyundai Tucson 2.0A - 5000km / 6 mths - Groupon Service package

Hyundai Trajet 2.0A - just served before collected the car.

Wow, you are a hardcore Hyundai fan..

No choice leh. Korean car had been the cheapest in the market in term of depreciation and spare parts.

So far I drove:-

Subaru J10 Justy 1.0

Suzuki Swift 410 Sadan

Hyundai Matrix 1.6M

Hyundai Tucson 2.0A

Hyundai Trajet 2.0A

Only Matrix is a new car from day 1 till scrap. Problem free except high FC for Korean car.

No choice leh. Korean car had been the cheapest in the market in term of depreciation and spare parts.

Subaru J10 Justy 1.0

Suzuki Swift 410 Sadan

Hyundai Matrix 1.6M

Hyundai Tucson 2.0A

Hyundai Trajet 2.0A

Only Matrix is a new car from day 1 till scrap. Problem free except high FC for Korean car.

Agree cheap and easy to maintain

Subaru J10 Justy 1.0

Suzuki Swift 410 Sadan

Hyundai Matrix 1.6M

Hyundai Tucson 2.0A

Hyundai Trajet 2.0A

Agree cheap and easy to maintain

Currently using Synergy Diamond PAO 5W-40, on my '08 SSS. Daily driver, not tracked.

Do 8-9k oil change intervals. Strangely, Suzuki user manual recommends 15000km changes [dead]

Cheers

Mazda-6

Using Total 5W/40. I usually change arnd 12000km, sometimes a bit more. Personally I think its a waste of money and time to change any earlier for a BNB NA car, its just a personal thought.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

varies with cars.

just stick to manufacturer's recommendation loh..won't go wrong

they should mentioned it in your car manual.

look at manual, everything half it, simple enuff

Ya....anyway in the past i will DIY for oil change with engine oil purchased during offer from Fairprice and Giant.....that's every 5K. But now lazy, so always goes for the Groupon offer. Price almost the same with engine oil and oil filter. Saved my trouble of disposal of used oil.

i posted this in another thread before but i think it can be useful here also... check out this article.. quite informative about engine oil..

hope this is of some help :) http://www.animegame.com/cars/Oil%20Tests.pdf

This street commodore testing was done many years ago and this type of testing only test the extreme pressure additives(boundary lubrication) and did not indicate the other 2 regimes of lubrication(hydrodynamic and elastohydrodynamic).

Anyway, Royal Purple has move on from that time and now only Royal Purple HPS series contain the Synerlec additive lubricant technology.

hps13413497794ff35f93208b3.jpg

I follow the manufacturer's recommendations and change around or before 15,000 km. Daily driving.

If I went to the track, I will change my oil after the event.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2