Donald Trump US President: The next 4 years

Jman888

if bill can survive cigar-gate... wats this little pees of news?

dont need to rain down criticism on him.. wee should actually get used to it..

coz its going to be a very natural cycle soon..

shock-- rant -- accept --- move on repeat

more interested in this piece of news

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/china-should-be-denied-access-to-south-china-sea-islands/3432244.html

I think he is emotionally unstable and someone says he has popian skin, ie. picking a fight with Meryl Streep. And he has the nuclear button. If the world is going to end, high chance it is during his term.

↡ Advertisement

I think he is emotionally unstable and someone says he has popian skin, ie. picking a fight with Meryl Streep. And he has the nuclear button. If the world is going to end, high chance it is during his term.

YOLO. Go out owe the banks few million dollars. Break out the champagne and buy a supercar!  [laugh]

i don't think his skin is that thin anyway. I doubt he's emotionally unstable as well.

He just does it cos part of the way he operates is that he always insults and denigrates the person first.

He shows his dismissal just like how a small kid plugs his ears with his fingers. 

"Little boy" "Miss piggy" etc. It's just the way he operates, it's the bully he's been since he was born.

Edited by Lala81

YOLO. Go out owe the banks few million dollars. Break out the champagne and buy a supercar! [laugh]

i don't think his skin is that thin anyway. I doubt he's emotionally unstable as well.

He just does it cos part of the way he operates is that he always insults and denigrates the person first.

He shows his dismissal just like how a small kid plugs his ears with his fingers.

"Little boy" "Miss piggy" etc. It's just the way he operates, it's the bully he's been since he was born.

I hope the Doc is right. Hahaha....

But it is true, he is a bully, many around but we can deal with them but not a siao lang.

if bill can survive cigar-gate...  wats this little pees of news?

dont need to rain down criticism on him.. wee should actually get used to it.. 

coz its going to be a very natural cycle soon.. 

shock-- rant -- accept --- move on     repeat

more interested in this piece of news

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/china-should-be-denied-access-to-south-china-sea-islands/3432244.html

Tillerson is a serious reliable chap.

99% chance the freshly issued white paper would be flushed down the toilet after 20 Jan. Would be nice to see how fast it takes for the Liaoning to go into hiding. Want to take a bet how many US carrier groups would be heading to SCS very soon after 20 Jan?

I wonder who benefits from his inconsistent antics... He is just bullshixxing all the way, with barely believable anecdotal encounters like below.

"But I want smaller doses over a longer period of time. Same exact amount, but you take this little beautiful baby, and you pump - I mean, it looks just like it's meant for a horse, not for a child, and we've had so many instances, people that work for me. ... [in which] a child, a beautiful child went to have the vaccine, and came back and a week later had a tremendous fever, got very, very sick, now is autistic."

Can you diagnose a child is autistic in the same time frame when vaccines taken so early in the infant's life?

Maybe he could... Trump said vaccines lead to bad fevers leading to autism. Bamm!

Give that man a doc's degree.. from Trump University

this one we must care. I don't care if he thinks the earth is flat, but being anti-vaccine affects our kids' lives.

this one we must care. I don't care if he thinks the earth is flat, but being anti-vaccine affects our kids' lives.

ya...to a certain extent. I sent my children for those single vaccination....not those 3 in 1 or 5 in 1. Very reluctant eversince i read about children who have autism after all these jabs. Maybe thats why my chidren very normal......

ya...to a certain extent. I sent my children for those single vaccination....not those 3 in 1 or 5 in 1. Very reluctant eversince i read about children who have autism after all these jabs. Maybe thats why my chidren very normal......

i hope this could help you change your mind about autism after jabs

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/822715

It is highly likely that autism begins before birth, before vaccination​​

not everyone has medscape access. So for benefit, i will post this here.

Autism May Begin Before Birth, Autopsy Study Reveals

Pauline Anderson

March 28, 2014

My Alerts

Click the topic below to receive emails when new articles are available.

Disorganized neurons in the prefrontal cortex suggest that brain abnormalities in children with autism may begin before birth, a detailed postmortem study shows.

The analysis revealed the presence of patches of disorganized neurons in areas that mediate functions that are disturbed in autism, including social, emotional, communication, and language function, according to the study authors, led by Rich Stoner, PhD, Autism Center of Excellence and the Department of Neuroscience, University of California at San Diego.

The patches suggest that brain cell activity has been disrupted during pregnancy, which possibly points more to a genetic than an environmental trigger for autism.

"Such abnormalities may represent a common set of developmental neuropathological features that underlie autism and probably result from dysregulation of layer formation and layer-specific neuronal differentiation at prenatal developmental stages," the authors write.

The study was published March 27 in the New England Journal of Medicine.

New Insight

Researchers obtained 42 fresh-frozen postmortem cortical tissue blocks from the superior or middle frontal gyrus of the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex, posterior superior temporal cortex, or occipital cortex of boys and girls aged 2 to 15 years with and without autism. The tissue blocks were selected for their high RNA integrity, thereby ensuring the quality of the samples.

The investigators used a large panel of highly selective markers for specific cell subtypes and a subset of 25 autism candidate genes. These included biomarkers for brain cell types in different layers of the cortex and genes implicated in autism.

They detected what they described as "pathological patches of abnormal laminar cytoarchitecture and disorganization" in samples of the prefrontal and temporal cortex samples, but not the occipital cortex. The patches were found in 91% (10 of 11) of the children with autism (cases) and 9% (1 of 11) of control individuals.

The patches had fewer cells expressing layer- or cell-type-specific markers than normally present in fully differentiated cortical neurons and decreased expression of certain autism candidate genes.

The focal patches of abnormal gene expression measured 5 to 7 mm in length and were located in areas adjacent to apparently unaffected areas of the cortex. They spanned multiple contiguous neocortical layers; the clearest evidence of abnormal expression was found in layers 4 and 5.

"This defect indicates that the crucial early developmental step of creating 6 distinct layers with specific types of brain cells ― something that begins in prenatal life ― had been disrupted," study investigator Eric Courchesne, PhD, Autism Center of Excellence and the Department of Neuroscience, University of California at San Diego, said in a release.

"The finding that these defects occur in patches rather than across the entirety of cortex gives hope as well as insight about the nature of autism," he added.

Patches Widespread

The fact that the researchers sampled only small portions of cortex but observed focal patches in nearly every case sample suggests that "pathological patches are widespread across prefrontal and temporal cortex in children with autism," according to investigators.

The patches were present both in boys and girls, in high- and low-functioning children, and regardless of the cause of death or postmortem interval.

Presentation of the patches varied across cases, which, said the authors, was unexpected given the phenotypic heterogeneity of autism.

"However, the features that we describe here may explain some of the heterogeneity of autism: disorganized patches in different locations could disrupt disparate functional systems in the prefrontal and temporal cortexes and potentially influence symptom expression, response to treatment, and clinical outcome," the researchers write.

Although the data suggest a novel pathologic mechanism in autism, the exact biological process is unknown.

"The identified laminar disorganization could result from migration defects resulting in the failure of cells to reach their targeted destination and the accumulation of such cells in nearby regions," the authors write.

Or, they added, the patches could reflect de novo changes early in neurodevelopmental processes, which yield regions of affected progenitor cells adjacent to regions of unaffected progenitor cells.

In any case, the data are consistent with an early prenatal origin of autism, or at least prenatal processes, that may confer a predisposition to autism, according to investigators.

Although the sample size was small compared with postmortem studies of adult diseases, it is as large ― or larger ― than most previous such studies of autism, the authors note.

Key Advance

Commenting on the study for Medscape Medical News, Thomas Frazier, PhD, director, Cleveland Clinic Children's Center for Autism, in Ohio, said it indicates that in autism, abnormalities in brain cell development occur prior to birth and that this leads to dysfunctional regions of the brain.

"The key advance from this research is that it suggests that very early developmental processes lead to autism," said Dr. Frazier. "The findings support genetic disruptions leading to brain disorganization or possibly very early interactions between genes and the prenatal environment."

Dr. Frazier predicted that some experts may find the results controversial because the findings "suggest that brain abnormalities begin before birth, making it less likely that a purely environmental insult causes autism."

The authors and Dr. Frazier report no relevant financial relationships.

New Engl J Med. 2014;370:1209-19Abstract

For those pple who want to ask, NEJM is probably one of the most prestigious journals (If not the most prestigious) that a doctor can ever hope to get published in.

Not for any ah gou ah mao doctor  [laugh]

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3

For a lay person like myself, I tend to think mental illness and physical illness are rather separate.

If Trump says, eating weight control pills will cause schizophrenia, because many of his supermodel girlfriends are suffering from it, and caused his suffering, will you believe it?

If his MAGA wearing fans also sprout the same allegations, will you believe it?

If there is a co-relation between these two factors, then it is easily proven.

Singapore has near 100% immunisation. This is brought infant mortality down to almost insignificant amount.

On the other hand, has autism increased to the extent where every family has at least 1 autistic child?

I do read reports of parents wanting to give their child some education leeway, by faking child autism, so even our official statistics are pretty off.

@karoon also. I not saying dont take the jab. Just take it 1 at a time and not those 3 in 1 or 5 in 1 vaccination. Its a bit more troublesome as need to go poly every now and then. Its our children well-being after all.

@karoon also. I not saying dont take the jab. Just take it 1 at a time and not those 3 in 1 or 5 in 1 vaccination. Its a bit more troublesome as need to go poly every now and then. Its our children well-being after all.

uncle. no more liao lah even in polyclinic for maybe last 7-8 years already.

even india is using combined jabs lah LOL  [laugh]

Tillerson is a serious reliable chap.

99% chance the freshly issued white paper would be flushed down the toilet after 20 Jan. Would be nice to see how fast it takes for the Liaoning to go into hiding. Want to take a bet how many US carrier groups would be heading to SCS very soon after 20 Jan?

Liaoning is a training carrier leh.

Frankly, with China's dong feng carrier killer and Russia/Iran's supercavitating torpedoes, the USA should be the one that is afraid for their carriers.

There's no doubt that USA's armed forces are miles ahead of China and even Russia but if the conflict is in their backyard, I don't think the odds are in the USA's favor even if you discount nukes.

uncle. no more liao lah even in polyclinic for maybe last 7-8 years already.

even india is using combined jabs lah LOL [laugh]

lol.....my youngest is 11....pardon my ignorant...

Liaoning is a training carrier leh.

Frankly, with China's dong feng carrier killer and Russia/Iran's supercavitating torpedoes, the USA should be the one that is afraid for their carriers.

There's no doubt that USA's armed forces are miles ahead of China and even Russia but if the conflict is in their backyard, I don't think the odds are in the USA's favor even if you discount nukes.

Of course USA is not going to wage a war just off the  SCS or ECS. They will pile up and operate from Japan and South Korea, as good as turning the area into their own backyard as well. Ship to ship China's navy would be wiped off even with half strength  USA fleet in SCS/ECS. Wonder why China is so worked up over THAAD, because this would be a game changer for them. And America has more surprises in store waiting to be announced to catch these idiots by surprise.

Seeing how trump deals with reporters he don't like.

I wonder how he will treat singapore, considering the " congratulations" Lhl sent him.

↡ Advertisement