Donald Trump US President: The next 4 years

Jman888

Turbocharged
(edited)

i'll like to see how trump can squeeze china, US needs china to make their iphones... who really need whom? 

I doubt in this current global economy, we can truly say who needs who. It's a house built on a pack of cards... and no one wants to shake the table that much. Even egotistical Drumpf.

But lets assume Drumpf gets belligerent with China. Who stands to gain more?

US has been running a trade deficit vs China for the longest time. In 2015, it was ~ USD 365b.

Top imports from China was;

1. Electronic equipment: $135.9 billion

2. Machinery: $106.9 billion
3. Furniture, lighting, signs: $30.9 billion
4. Toys, games: $25.7 billion
5. Footwear: $18 billion

Top exports to China was;

1. Aircraft, spacecraft: $15.4 billion
2. Electronic equipment: $12.8 billion
3. Machinery: $12.3 billion
4. Oil seed: $11.1 billion
5. Vehicles: $10.9 billion

I think China and Apple stands to lose more than the US in this scenario. Maybe Drumpf will finally give an amnesty to all the companies holding huge profits outside of the US.... estimated at ~USD2.1 trillion. Apple alone holds ~200b outside.

Given enough reason and incentives, I think a lot of these companies will want to take back at least some of their funds to the US. Maybe re-invest in some high tech manufacturing. Apple for example, already does... and has encouraged it's vendors - Samsung / Foxconn / Pegatron - to setup in the US.

China is already struggling with over-capacity. Last month there was talk of mothballing and letting go almost 1.7m people in the steel sector alone. Other sectors are also struggling. I don't think Pres. Xi wants to deal with any major labour unrest... there's already sporadic events.

Edited by ins1dious
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

this guy is a business man, a very good 1.

b4 he even win, he already mention many time, he want US allies to pay more for US  to station their troops outside, and protect her allies interest.

we might see a whole new world order.

imagine, if korea and japan refuse to pay, and US pull out its troops?

he could be some thing very different to the cowboy we imagine he would be shooting his guns every direction.

• Praise 4

Supersonic
(edited)

instead of the old lady same old same old ...

it's good to see drumpf fcked up the world orders?

it's like mahjong game ... a clean shuffle for next game ... lol

but drumpf is all talk in campaign ... but when he become POTUS ... what can he do?

look at obama ... Change campaign in 2008 ... simi change after 8 years?

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3

b4 he even win, he already mention many time, he want US allies to pay more for US  to station their troops outside, and protect her allies interest.

he could be some thing very different to the cowboy we imagine he would be shooting his guns every direction.

Protection money izit?   Maciam street gangster.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

b4 he even win, he already mention many time, he want US allies to pay more for US to station their troops outside, and protect her allies interest.

That's why Japan want to arm themselves???

I doubt in this current global economy, we can truly say who needs who. It's a house built on a pack of cards... and no one wants to shake the table that much. Even egotistical Drumpf.

But lets assume Drumpf gets belligerent with China. Who stands to gain more?

US has been running a trade deficit vs China for the longest time. In 2015, it was ~ USD 365b.

Top imports from China was;

1. Electronic equipment: $135.9 billion

2. Machinery: $106.9 billion

3. Furniture, lighting, signs: $30.9 billion

4. Toys, games: $25.7 billion

5. Footwear: $18 billion

Top exports to China was;

1. Aircraft, spacecraft: $15.4 billion

2. Electronic equipment: $12.8 billion

3. Machinery: $12.3 billion

4. Oil seed: $11.1 billion

5. Vehicles: $10.9 billion

I think China and Apple stands to lose more than the US in this scenario. Maybe Drumpf will finally give an amnesty to all the companies holding huge profits outside of the US.... estimated at ~USD2.1 trillion. Apple alone holds ~200b outside.

Given enough reason and incentives, I think a lot of these companies will want to take back at least some of their funds to the US. Maybe re-invest in some high tech manufacturing. Apple for example, already does... and has encouraged it's vendors - Samsung / Foxconn / Pegatron - to setup in the US.

China is already struggling with over-capacity. Last month there was talk of mothballing and letting go almost 1.7m people in the steel sector alone. Other sectors are also struggling. I don't think Pres. Xi wants to deal with any major labour unrest... there's already sporadic events.

He is politician cum businessman.. All these could be just talk
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Anyway i'm pretty sure that Drumpf will lose in the white house race to Hilary.

Haha don't need discuss so much lah.

You think the Grand old Party everyone is so against him is because they dislike him? No. It's because all indications are that Drumpf will lose by a large margin in the presidential elections.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Anyway i'm pretty sure that Drumpf will lose in the white house race to Hilary.

Haha don't need discuss so much lah.

ha! these are funny days

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

ha! these are funny days ð

In Nov last year... when I commented to my cuz about Leicester playing good... he said, come back in X'mas and we'll talk if they're still on top.

In X'mas when they were leading, I asked again... and he said... see in 2016 la... by Feb they'll be fighting it out for Europa.... there's long way to go!

Anyway... it's that kind of a year.

You didn't tell them who is the manager mah. M

I also don't think lestercity can make it until I realise who is their manager.

Supersonic

Yeap, a businessman who becomes a President will think very differently from a "real" politician when engaging the world.

Money will play a more important role than simply security at all costs; at taxpapers expense.

I think that's why he's winning and have a lot of the people's support.

• Praise 2

Just replenished whole new container of S/S Kopi-O, anyone care for a cuppa!

We can drink till the cow comes for her fresh milk to be squeezed . . . [laugh]

• Praise 1

Supersonic

The Republican race appears to be over.

All the pretenders has dropped out.

Now it's probably Trump vs Hilary or Bernie.

The Republican race appears to be over.

All the pretenders has dropped out.

Now it's probably Trump vs Hilary or Bernie.

Cruz has finally lost steam lol. So stupid to appoint that former female CEO as his running mate. But Trump still needs to get 1237 to totally secure the Republican nomination, no?

china kancheong about the future POTUS? [sly]

will drumpf build a US Great Wall (for import/export) and ask china to pay for it ... [laugh]

Sometime...people take Trumps election time rhetoric too seriously.. [:p]

CYZlBT9WsAEZRvb.jpg

• Praise 1