Indon Airforce C130 - deadly crash in Medan.

Camrysfa

Turbocharged

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-30/indonesian-military-plane-crashes-in-residential-area-30-dead/6584602

An Indonesian military plane has crashed in a residential area in the capital of North Sumatra with 113 people on board, according to Indonesian Air Force officials.

Indonesian Air Force chief of staff Agus Supriatna said 49 bodies had so far been pulled from the rubble, and 23 of those bodies had been identified.

Mr Supriatna said there was no way anybody could have survived the crash.

He said the C130 Hercules had 12 crew and another 101 passengers on board when it took off from Soewondo Air Base in Medan shortly before midday (local time).

Minutes into the flight, the pilot requested permission to return to the base.

The plane then banked to the right and plummeted into the ground, bursting into flames and wiping out buildings, including part of a hotel.

When a commercial jet crashed in the same street nearly ten years ago, dozens of people on the ground were also killed.

6585296-3x2-940x627.jpg

6584792-3x2-700x467.jpg

↡ Advertisement

I bet someone will say weather too hot lah. Cooked the engines.

Anyway I Googled the passenger capacity is only 92. 101 seems like over the limit.

RIP.

Turbocharged

How old is this C130?

What is the service lifespan of this aircraft?

News reported more than 40 yrs. Long overdue.

maintenance is an issue here??? Tragedy....

RIP to all decease... :a-rip:

contrary i was thinking C130 is slow but the safer air transport after watching how casualties are transported by it.

Apparently not...

Airstrip is in the midst of such dense residential areas...I guess rapid development has caused the surrounding area to built up fast...that airbase should shift to more remote area now...

Turbocharged

Indonesia, if no plane drop then u better wonder why haha

The worst is still India air force. Loss more than one thousand military planes already and its not due to war.

The worst is still India air force. Loss more than one thousand military planes already and its not due to war.

Really? A nation with nuclear tech can't keep up on their plane maintenance?

Yah indian is as corrupted as indonesia and they got bigger fleet than indonesia. I am sure it will be harder for them to service their planes on schedule and replace them when its due.

And i cant figure out how they want to win a war against superior china

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Really? A nation with nuclear tech can't keep up on their plane maintenance?

not only planes. all military hardware in their arsenal like submarines and warships.

they are the most rojak military in term of hardware in the world. buy many types of different hardware of the same kind but lack the know how and put a lot of strain to the supporting team.

They spent > 30 years to build their own fighter just to match Pakistan's F-16 but till now, the world has already moved on to the next gen fighter and they are still developing this so call F-16 killer. [laugh]

no wonder France refuse to transfer knowledge to let them build the Rafale in India.

Yah indian is as corrupted as indonesia and they got bigger fleet than indonesia. I am sure it will be harder for them to service their planes on schedule and replace them when its due.

And i cant figure out how they want to win a war against superior china

not only corrupted and also the biggest carrot head in the world when comes to buying military hardware. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement