Otters in Singapore

Jman888

Turbocharged
(edited)

but this does not address the issue of where to bring an injured animal if at night or midnight

will police do the job??

....... need more informed inputs

Everything also need police to do or must ask government har? Just check online for 24hr vet service lah. There are such services  :a-fun:

what if i render assistance to a monkey who is knocked down but the rest of the monkey family attacks me?

who is going to render assistance to me if i injured by the attack?

:D

They will definitely not attack you because you're one big monkey as well  :a-fun:

Edited by Porker
↡ Advertisement

Ya. They bbq and eat. Have to remove the pellets. I asked him abt gunpowder, he said they used shotgun so no gunpowder residue on the rabbit cos in shotgun casing, the gunpowder is packed behind the pellets in separate casing.

He did say, using torchlight to stun the rabbits is an unfair advantage in the hunting circles. They prefer fair game. Where u have to stalk your prey and kill it.

Sometimes, careless ... If you left out 1 or 2 Pellets ... And you cook the meat without knowing it ... I bite kena one before ... Wah Lan Ehh ... *HweeLing*

I think if you attempt to give mouth to mouth and CPR, the family will forgive you lah..... :D

what if i render assistance to a monkey who is knocked down but the rest of the monkey family attacks me?

• Praise 1

Its which monkey you injured !!!!!! :ninja:

You injured the Alpha male, you will be their next leader ... :yuush:

But if you injured the females, beware of the Alpha male, he will attack you .... :XD:  :XD:

Hypersonic
(edited)

Everything also need police to do or must ask government har? Just check online for 24hr vet service lah. There are such services  :a-fun:

They will definitely not attack you because you're one big monkey as well  :a-fun:

Not issue of asking polis but if its a stray or wild animal that went off track  ?? Also an injured animal might also attack a person too;  Think about it   ... though if its just partially injured it will just scurry away in fright usually though

Edited by BanCoe

Hypersonic

Right now, it is an offence if a motorist knocks down a dog, horse, ass, mule, sheep, pig, goat or cattle, and he or she does not stop to help.

I'm pretty sure knocking, hitting, stroking, pinching, touching, squeezing asses anywhere is an offence [laugh] [laugh]

The last thing I will worry is the gunpowder... that is after consideration about lead pellets ingestion. Lead in the body is no joking matter.

Torchlight unfair advantage? Your hunter colleague Ownself say ownself praise issit? :D

Using a shotgun is fair game? :XD:

I say THIS, then is really fair game:

man-rabbit-mask-hunting-shotgun-silhouet

Ya. They bbq and eat. Have to remove the pellets. I asked him abt gunpowder, he said they used shotgun so no gunpowder residue on the rabbit cos in shotgun casing, the gunpowder is packed behind the pellets in separate casing.

He did say, using torchlight to stun the rabbits is an unfair advantage in the hunting circles. They prefer fair game. Where u have to stalk your prey and kill it.

Slap Horse Ass (拍马屁)is not an offence......  [laugh]

d638283468b041e592b1deffa359bf6e.jpg

I'm pretty sure knocking, hitting, stroking, pinching, touching, squeezing asses anywhere is an offence [laugh] [laugh]

Hypersonic

do that to porker...he will smile and wink at you

At KTV with prc [gorgeous] and good tips, no offence .. :a-happy:  

Just in...... :D 

MHA to review definition of ‘animals’ in traffic law
25898957.jpg?itok=R_BMzYX5
TODAY file photo
PUBLISHED: 4:15 AM, MAY 10, 2016

SINGAPORE — After previously rejecting calls to widen the definition of “animals” under the Road Traffic Act — to make it a crime for motorists who do not stop and help animals such as cats and monkeys after hitting them — Senior Minister of State for Home Affairs Desmond Lee said yesterday that the authorities would be reviewing the law.

He revealed this in response to a parliamentary question from Member of Parliament Louis Ng (Nee Soon GRC), who had asked whether the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) would consider bringing the definition of animals under the Road Traffic Act in line with that of the Animals and Birds Act, to ensure the alignment of legislation.

In response, Mr Lee said the definitions are scoped differently, and the primary intent of the Road Traffic Act is to “ensure the safety of road users, including motorists, cyclists and pedestrians”.

He added: “The specific provision in the Road Traffic Act relating to animals has been confined to farm animals of commercial value. The original intent of the legislation was to ensure restitution to their owners should an accident occur.”

Nonetheless, Mr Lee said the MHA “intends to review the definition of “animals” in the Road Traffic Act, and also consider any amendment in the context of road safety, especially the safety of the motorist and other road users.

Right now, it is an offence if a motorist knocks down a dog, horse, ass, mule, sheep, pig, goat or cattle, and he or she does not stop to help.

This is punishable with a S$3,000 fine or a jail term of up to a year. But the Road Traffic Act does not spell out what happens in cases involving other animals such as cats, monkeys, birds and rabbits.

Two years ago, the police rejected calls to penalise motorists who negligently run over any kind of animals, citing the concern that it was not always safe for a motorist to stop his or her vehicle after hitting an animal, such as on expressways.

In response to queries yesterday, the MHA said details would be announced when the review was complete. “It is premature at this juncture to comment on the animals that may be included,” a spokesperson said.

Animal welfare groups welcomed news of the review.

Action for Singapore Dogs president Ricky Yeo said it was time for such grey areas in statutes to be cleared up, and “finally have inroads into getting more defined boundaries for animal welfare”.

The group regularly receives calls about such cases, and “people get away scot-free”.

“People will be more aware and conscious of their actions and their liabilities and responsibility (if changes are implemented). It’s a good step moving forward,” he said.

Noting that safety remains a top priority, Mr Tan En, director of advocacy at Animal Concerns Research and Education Society (Acres), said that “motorists should render assistance … when it is reasonable and safe”.

“Acres has never been an organisation that puts animals first before human (safety),” he said.

“What the Government is going to include in this particular legislation is something we will work (on) closely with Louis (founder of Acres), who will work closely with MHA to see what we can do to increase the welfare of animals in Singapore.”

Dr Jaipal Singh Gill, acting executive director at the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA), acknowledged that there would be challenges in enforcement even if the definition of animals was expanded, but it was “doable”.

“There are a lot of organisations like the SPCA that provide a lot of assistance to the authorities in cases like these ... by helping to gather evidence, speaking to witnesses and putting forward a case to the authorities.

“If we work together on cases like these, we will reduce the demand on the services of the (authorities),” he said.

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/mha-review-definition-animals-traffic-law

Ass....that's just about everyone included leow :a-fun:

Turbocharged

Not issue of asking polis but if its a stray or wild animal that went off track  ?? Also an injured animal might also attack a person too;  Think about it   ... though if its just partially injured it will just scurry away in fright usually though

There are dogs and cats welfare groups that help such critters in distress pro bono and some can be contacted 24/7.

If you find an injured wild boar then call AVA the next day or BBQ it.

If you find an injured rabbit then bring it to the vet. Pretty sure rabbits don't attack.

If you find an injured hamster.. same as rabbit scenario

Chinchilla... same as hamster scenario

Pigeon.. same as chinchilla scenario

Mynah... same as pigeon scenario

Crow... same as mynah scenario

PRC... bring home and treat her yourself

Thai... same as PRC scenario

Russian... same as Thai scenario

Bapok... ignore that freak

What other wild animals are there? I think I've covered all.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

do that to porker...he will smile and wink at you

This, I'm certain, is offensive.... to me :D

Hypersonic

At KTV with prc [gorgeous] and good tips, no offence .. :a-happy:  

That one Staff69 has lots of experience :secret-laugh:

There are dogs and cats welfare groups that help such critters in distress pro bono and some can be contacted 24/7.

If you find an injured wild boar then call AVA the next day or BBQ it.

If you find an injured rabbit then bring it to the vet. Pretty sure rabbits don't attack.

If you find an injured hamster.. same as rabbit scenario

Chinchilla... same as hamster scenario

Pigeon.. same as chinchilla scenario

Mynah... same as pigeon scenario

Crow... same as mynah scenario

PRC... bring home and treat her yourself

Thai... same as PRC scenario

Russian... same as Thai scenario

Bapok... ignore that freak

What other wild animals are there? I think I've covered all.

No otters were mentioned in an Otter thread. :a-no:

Hypersonic

Come on you know you love me right? Jesus  :wub:

Of course :psychotic:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1