Otters in Singapore

Jman888

Otters enclosure exhibit in mandai zoo is the most foul smelling...anyone else notice? Wonder why?

Dont know. Have not been to the zoo for very very very very very long time. Expensive ticket and citizen no discount.

Hypersonic

My parents told me that otters are very common creatures in SG last time.With all the developments we had, they slowly disappear....

same with iguana's (monitor lizards) and even pangolin's too, civet cats still got around in our urban city jungle....once saw a dead one on the road (might have been road kill or dropped off a  tall tree) black and long tail     

if you have kids boh bian one, have to stick out your carrot head long long to let them chop one.

Dont know. Have not been to the zoo for very very very very very long time. Expensive ticket and citizen no discount.

nothing to see lah

i get free corporate tics yet i no go...hahaha

Hypersonic

if you have kids boh bian one, have to stick out your carrot head long long to let them chop one.

never heard of Friends of the Zoo membership?

go until sian.....got free parking every visit some more

:D

Aiyah... each time I go...always think : " this is going to be the last time I am going to come in a long long time...no point paying for friends of the zoo membership..."

then next time I go in 2-3 months time: " sianz, should have bought the membership last round. Now no point since I am not going to come back for another long long time"

in another 3-4 months time, when my kid ask to go again.... rinse repeat..

:chilling:

never heard of Friends of the Zoo membership?

go until sian.....got free parking every visit some more

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Aiyah... each time I go...always think : " this is going to be the last time I am going to come in a long long time...no point paying for friends of the zoo membership..."

then next time I go in 2-3 months time: " sianz, should have bought the membership last round. Now no point since I am not going to come back for another long long time"

in another 3-4 months time, when my kid ask to go again.... rinse repeat..

:chilling:

there....ROI met and kid will not pester you to go zoo for the next 9 months

rinse repeat

Edited by Enye
  • Praise 1

there....ROI met and kid will not pester you to go zoo for the next 9 months

rinse repeat

can the animals recognise you every time you visit, you probably see most of them grow up in there (结婚生子)   [laugh]  [laugh]

(edited)

same with iguana's (monitor lizards) and even pangolin's too, civet cats still got around in our urban city jungle....once saw a dead one on the road (might have been road kill or dropped off a  tall tree) black and long tail     

Yeah, iguana was so common even during my childhood time, nowadays, can only see house lizard in SG. want to see iguana, got to go zoo... :TT_TT: :TT_TT: :TT_TT:

Edited by Tigershark1976
  • Praise 14

Yeah, iguana was so common even during my childhood time, nowadays, can only see house lizard in SG. want to see iguana, got to go zoo... :TT_TT: :TT_TT: :TT_TT:

No worries, very soon, clay pots on sales everywhere cos no more monitor to catch ....

Supercharged
(edited)

I'm in UK at the moment and I was told that there was a documentary shown on the TV a week or so ago called 'Wild City' about the wild animals in Singapore.

Apparently it was very good and friends were raving about it.

http://mothership.sg/2015/05/watch-wildlife-documentary-on-spore-narrated-by-sir-david-attenborough-for-free-online/

Was it shown on CNA???

Edited by Neutrino

I'm in UK at the moment and I was told that there was a documentary shown on the TV a week or so ago called 'Wild City' about the wild animals in Singapore.

Apparently it was very good and friends were raving about it.

http://mothership.sg/2015/05/watch-wildlife-documentary-on-spore-narrated-by-sir-david-attenborough-for-free-online/

Was it shown on CNA???

Yes, it was shown on CNA a couple months ago. Recently repeat telecast again.

You watch it in Toggle Catch up TV under CNA. There are two parts.

But I think ur IP address must be from SG then can watch Toggle. I tried watching Toggle in MY and Japan but was not able to access.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Yes, it was shown on CNA a couple months ago. Recently repeat telecast again.

You watch it in Toggle Catch up TV under CNA. There are two parts.

But I think ur IP address must be from SG then can watch Toggle. I tried watching Toggle in MY and Japan but was not able to access.

I just watched episode 3 ( there are 3 episodes apparently ) on Toggle in UK.  Didn't have to sign in or use a VPN.

But couldn't watch episodes 1 or 2 for some reason whatever I tried.

It showed

Ep 1 published 15 March

Ep 2 published 22 April

Ep 3 published 30 March

which seemed strange.

Maybe they got ep2 as a mistake and put April instead of March.

And perhaps there is a time limit as to when you can view which prevents me watching episodes 1 and 2 which is a pity.

↡ Advertisement