'Bom' sound heard then headunit dead

Kiario

Hi All,

Been having this intermittent issue of my radio head unit going dead. I normally notice this after i heard a 'bom' sound from the speaker and when I look at my radio head unit, its dead and cannot turn on at all.

Sometimes i need to wait a while before the head unit will comes alive again or I can off and on the car to restore its life. [:p]

This only happens sometimes when I am about to park the car or reversing, never happens when I am driving on the road at normal speed.

Been to an audio accessories shop and because the fault cannot be replicated during my time there as its intermittent, they advise me to either,

1) change fuse

2) change head unit

3) leave it till head unit totally konk.

any bros can advise if you had experience similar problem before? thanks in advance.

oh yeah, my head unit is stock for my subaru legacy.

↡ Advertisement

Suggest u bring to a legit shop to check it out. Eg Ah Yuan at GT Auto.

Hi All,

Been having this intermittent issue of my radio head unit going dead. I normally notice this after i heard a 'bom' sound from the speaker and when I look at my radio head unit, its dead and cannot turn on at all.

Sometimes i need to wait a while before the head unit will comes alive again or I can off and on the car to restore its life. [:p]

This only happens sometimes when I am about to park the car or reversing, never happens when I am driving on the road at normal speed.

Been to an audio accessories shop and because the fault cannot be replicated during my time there as its intermittent, they advise me to either,

1) change fuse

2) change head unit

3) leave it till head unit totally konk.

any bros can advise if you had experience similar problem before? thanks in advance.

oh yeah, my head unit is stock for my subaru legacy.

Stock BL/BP Mcintosh head unit?

I also have intermittent issue. If HU is on during crank, sound will be fizzy sometimes or no sound. Must switch off before crank and on the HU only after engine start, or on and off the HU also can. Also dunno why.

But I have amp installed so might be amp and not HU issue.

↡ Advertisement