Najib implicated in funneling funds into personal a/c

Vega

Hypersonic

I just wonder can Najib be so stupid to allow $700mil directly go into his personal a/c.

If he's corrupt, there's other ways to avoid money trail.

There has to be some level of secrecy.

The people who are advising him may not be the smartest people on the block, just the greediest heh [laugh]

But why never ask Taib, his good political friend?

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

yalor ... must learn from Taib ma ... Taib wealth is estimated > US$10B ...

51 years in office ... walao eh ...

Money-Logging_taib.jpg

In a letter to Straumann released Saturday, Mishcon de Reya refused to clarify how their client had acquired his wealth during 51 years in office as a cabinet minister and said “the onus is on you to prove your own allegations to be true, not upon our client to disprove them”.

There has to be some level of secrecy.

The people who are advising him may not be the smartest people on the block, just the greediest heh [laugh]

But why never ask Taib, his good political friend?

Edited by Wt_know

Hypersonic

Wah.. I expect to see protest in Malaysia soon? Jit pai jia lat. Dirty laundry line up in the open.

We are their neighbour .... hope no spillover effect of any other kind, other than currency drop

Twincharged

We are their neighbour .... hope no spillover effect of any other kind, other than currency drop

Already got Lor. Jurong country club. Kenna acquired to be an empty land. Hahaha

(edited)

More saga ..... :a-happy::a-popcorn::a-popcorn:

CNA : Malaysia's Attorney-General says has received documents on Najib allegations

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia's Attorney-General confirmed on Saturday (Jul 4) he has received documents linked to allegations that millions of dollars were channelled to Prime Minister Najib Razak's personal bank accounts through entities associated with state investment fund, 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB).

Wall Street Journal and Sarawak Report have published reports alleging investigators believe funds amounting to US$700 million had been channelled to what was thought to be Prime Minister Najib's accounts through "government agencies, banks and companies linked to 1MDB".

"I have scrutinised all the documents, and provided advice and guidance to the special taskforce for further action," said Mr Abdul Gani in a statement.

The special taskforce that is investigating 1MDB is made up of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC), police and the central bank, Bank Negara Malaysia.

The Attorney-General also confirmed three companies implicated in the Wall Street Journal report were raided, with documents seized, on Friday, July 3. They were SRC International Sdn Bhd, Gandingan Mentari Sdn Bhd and Ihsan Perdana Sdn Bhd.

Meanwhile, Deputy Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin has released a statement urging authorities to get to to the bottom of the allegations.

"These accusations are very serious as they can threaten the credibility and integrity of Najib Razak as Prime Minister and as head of state," he said.

The debt-ridden 1MDB had already been the subject of a probe by both the Auditor-General and the Public Accounts Committee after allegations of financial mismanagement.

Mr Najib, who is also the Finance Minister, chairs 1MDB's board of advisors. On Friday, he dismissed these recent allegations as "political sabotage", accusing former Prime Minister and vocal critic Mahathir Mohamad of being behind the reports.

"The latest allegation is that I have taken state-linked funds for personal gain. I believe Tun, working hand in glove with foreign nationals, including the now discredited political attack blog Sarawak Report, is behind this latest lie," he wrote on his Facebook page.

"Let me be very clear: I have never taken funds for personal gain as alleged by my political opponents - whether from 1MDB, SRC International or other entities, as these companies have confirmed."

- CNA/al

link: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/malaysia-s-attorney/1960782.html

Hmmmm........... those document raided from the 3 companies if were to use for nabbing Najib, then it fine....

What after a few days, reported the documents lost during transportation .... :wut:

Nothing is impossible in Bolehland, after a blackout, extra ballot boxes ... :a-fun:

Edited by Picnic06

Hypersonic

Really, the lights may blackout and the documents gone :D

Or, a huge fire break out, and the documents are burnt :D

• Praise 1

Nice stories scrip & counter strike coming up. Get ready pop-corn .... :a-popcorn::a-popcorn:

Yahoo news: Najib rejects WSJ report, blames Dr Mahathir

Datuk Seri Najib Razak has come out to reject what he termed as unsubstantiated and outrageous allegations against him and his family, saying he had never taken funds for personal gains from 1Malaysia Development Bhd (1MDB) or any other entities.

In his latest Facebook posting, Najib said the false allegations were part of a concerted campaign of political sabotage to topple a democratically elected prime minister.

He added that these attacks began when he refused to implement Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad's personal demands, adding that the former prime minister then “created a crisis” by recklessly claiming that RM42 million was missing from 1MDB.

"The latest allegation is that I have taken state-linked funds for personal gain.

"I believe Tun, working hand in glove with foreign nationals, including the now discredited political attack blog Sarawak Report, is behind this

latest lie.

"Let me be very clear: I have never taken funds for personal gain as alleged by my political opponents – whether from 1MDB, SRC International or other entities, as these companies have confirmed," Najib wrote on his Facebook page.

This posting comes in the wake of claims by The Wall Street Journal and Sarawak Report that investigations into the debt-ridden 1MDB had allegedly uncovered billions of ringgit pumped into Najib's personal accounts.

The documents show that US$700 million (RM2.67 billion) was moved among government agencies, banks and entities linked to 1MDB and finally ending up in the prime minister's personal accounts in five separate deposits, the WSJ said.

Both quoted from documents from the 1MDB probe carried out by the Malaysian government, with Sarawak Report saying the attorney-general was also aware of the information.

The prime minister wrote today that until now, there was no evidence to back the allegations made, saying instead the claims were based on leaked documents and unnamed investigators.

He added that not once has the source of these documents ever been shown, neither have the documents themselves been provided for verification by lawful authorities.

"As we now know, a number of the documents on which recent allegations have been based were reportedly doctored.

“The person who was leaking these documents is under investigation by authorities overseas for attempting to extort and blackmail his former employer.

“This says a lot about the reliability of the documents, and those who are using them to damage our government and our country," Najib said.

He was referring to the Thai police’s arrest of a former IT executive Xavier Justo from PetroSaudi International (PSI) who had purportedly tampered with information linked to 1MDB.

Najib warned that those who continued to mount these attacks must be prepared to face the consequences of their actions, adding that this “gutter politics” to overthrow the government was bound to fail.

"Where appropriate, they will be met with the full force of the law," he wrote, adding that he would remain focussed on building the nation for the people.

Earlier today, the Prime Minister's Office said in a statement that local media should not accept such documents as genuine unless verified by appropriate authorities, following the exposes by the WSJ and Sarawak Report.

1MDB is the subject of inquiries by a number of authorities, including the auditor-general, Bank Negara, police and the bipartisan Public Accounts Committee.

Najib, who is also finance minister and chairs 1MDB's advisory board, has come under severe criticism in recent months over a number of issues, including that of 1MDB which has amassed RM42 billion in debts after just six years of it being set up. – July 3, 2015.

link: https://sg.news.yahoo.com/najib-refutes-wsj-report-blames-154804671.html

:ouch-it-hurts::ouch-it-hurts::ouch-it-hurts:

I belief Najib, he did not take the money. How to carry $700 million cash by hands....... :wut:

All wired electronically, if only it is proven by their AG..... :a-fun:

Yahoo news: Najib to sue WSJ, says daily

Datuk Seri Najib Razak will take legal action against the Wall Street Journal over an article yesterday claiming that billions of ringgit were channelled into the prime minister’s private bank accounts, Sinar Harian reported today.

The prime minister's political secretary, Datuk Muhammad Khairun Aseh, was quoted as saying the report was criminal defamation.

The WSJ had alleged that funds from debt-ridden state-owned 1Malaysia Development Bhd were diverted into Najib’s accounts prior to the 13th general election.

Khairun said: "The report was done with bad intention and unsubstantiated and based on poor and dubious sources.

"We will take legal action,” he told the Malay daily.

Najib blamed Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad for orchestrating the attacks against him after he refused to implement the latter’s personal demands, adding that the former prime minister then “created a crisis” by recklessly claiming that RM42 billion was missing from 1MDB.

"The latest allegation is that I have taken state-linked funds for personal gain.

"I believe Tun, working hand in glove with foreign nationals, including the now discredited political attack blog Sarawak Report, is behind this latest lie.

"Let me be very clear: I have never taken funds for personal gain as alleged by my political opponents – whether from 1MDB, SRC International or other entities, as these companies have confirmed," Najib said on Facebook.

more of it stories, read link : https://sg.news.yahoo.com/najib-sue-wsj-says-daily-003044848.html

• Praise 1

next week would be exciting ...

he go to AG and give everyone involved a big ang pao ...... suddenly story become loti prata

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged

I doubt the suit against WSJ will really take off. WSJ was just showing hand by saying he took 700 to 900 mil. If in the end prove via law he took 9 mil WSJ wins too.

• Praise 2

if Dr M is the one pecah lobang to WSJ, i am sure he got some more "juicy" docs to be released soon

But then how sure can one be of the authenticity of what Dr M says

Don't forget he is the one who cause the downfall of his DPM with accusations of sodomy.

And they have been using it repeatedly for the past 20 years.

This whole fracas is what i term as "black eat black". At the end of the day, see who show hand first

not sure if posted already

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2015/07/02/mara-inc-head-ceo-suspended/

• Praise 1

(edited)

one mountain cannot hide 2 tigers ... not even an old retired tiger who still "got it" ... lol

Pak Lah is smart ... stay quietly and enjoy life ...

This whole fracas is what i term as "black eat black". At the end of the day, see who show hand first

post-7984-0-59682200-1436079831_thumb.png

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

Anything happens to Mr. Najib, I believe the high speed rail project will be at risk of cancellation.

Imagine land acquired and tunnel dig half way and project stops.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2