2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

I also have this issue.

Was a hot day and I did 20degC + fan speed 4.

Then when car is cooled already, I did 23degC + fan speed 2.

But it blew warm air. I had to turn to 20degC then the air is cold. All the way from Ntu to hougang. Every time I tried to turn to 23degC, 22, 21, it's always warm air.

Now seems to be ok. And aircon blowing warm air has happened to a few other drivers in the Whatsapp group.

off the start/stop function...the cold air shld be blowing non stop then...

↡ Advertisement

I encounter this same issue whenever there is the start/stop feature with other makes as well. As such, I have coded to disable the ASS function permanently for marques which can do that (e.g. BMW). I have however yet to find this coding solution for Volvo.

Not sure on the availability of coding solution for Audi and keen to hear if someone is aware of this aftermarket solution.

Hi guys! New to this forum. Been driving the A4 B9 since last August.

Came across this forum recently as I was searching for a solution to my aircon blowing hot air problem. I suspected the start/stop feature causing it. Due to the city driving conditions, after stopping several times at traffic junctions with the engine cutting off and coming back on again sometimes the aircon will stop blowing cold air. It will recover between 5 to 15 mins later usually. This can be quite uncomfortable due to the hot weather and embarrassing when I have guests in my car.

I've brought my car in to PA twice for other issues and highlighted this problem to them but my SA tells me they can't find any fault codes so they can't do anything.

Just wondering how many of you are experiencing the same problem and are there any solutions besides switching off the start/stop feature everytime you start the car? If that is the case why have the start/stop feature at all? A relative of mine driving a BMW which also has the start/stop feature says he doesn't have this issue.

I encounter this same issue whenever there is the start/stop feature with other makes as well. As such, I have coded to disable the ASS function permanently for marques which can do that (e.g. BMW). I have however yet to find this coding solution for Volvo.

Not sure on the availability of coding solution for Audi and keen to hear if someone is aware of this aftermarket solution.

did it affect the warranty? heard it will void lo....

Thus far, I have no warranty issues with PML for such coding mods. No experience with PA but IMO, it shouldn't be an issue with warranty to disable the ASS function.

did it affect the warranty? heard it will void lo....

Thus far, I have no warranty issues with PML for such coding mods. No experience with PA but IMO, it shouldn't be an issue with warranty to disable the ASS function.

ok must ask my AD again....how much to disable the ASS function? 

hmm... bro, you asking for Audi? If so, that is exactly my original question - I'm currently unaware on the availability of such coding solution for Audi to disable the ASS. Do let me know if you have lobang!

ok must ask my AD again....how much to disable the ASS function? 

Neutral Newbie

I believe the aircon compressor is unable to handle the regular switching on and off. Thus sometimes it doesn't come on. Wonder if this ASS feature will shorten the lifespan of the compressor.

from my limited knowledge, the air con compressor is almost always on.

the hot coolant from the engine is regulated into the aircon box to derive a temperature that you set. That's how the A4B9 achieve the 3 way climate control (passenger/driver/rear).

In my previous car, i did aircon bypass where the hot coolant skips the aircon box. But in so doing, i lose all my climate control and the air con compressor on/off frequency increases. but my experience is that without the hot coolant, the air con is super cold. such that after 10 mins into the journey, i manually turn off the compressor. the air is still cool for the remaining of my journey (20mins more)

im keen to do it for my A4 for i always sync the aircon to the driver settings (my son also keep pressing behind). this means the climate control has no meaning for me. anyway car cabin so small, effect of climate control appears to be negligible. 

does anyone have a good workshop to recommend for doing the bypass?

Edited by Carer

hmm... bro, you asking for Audi? If so, that is exactly my original question - I'm currently unaware on the availability of such coding solution for Audi to disable the ASS. Do let me know if you have lobang!

oh how did u do it for PML? the AD does for u or external workshop?

Did that with an external WS. Unfortunately, they are unable to code for Audi.

oh how did u do it for PML? the AD does for u or external workshop?

Did that with an external WS. Unfortunately, they are unable to code for Audi.

oic! do they do for MB? but CnC very strict on mods...any kind of mods they may void the warranty lo...my frens kena le...esp ECU and memory stuffs....even rims n tyres...very controlled

You can check with them - Elebest and Max is the man.

oic! do they do for MB? but CnC very strict on mods...any kind of mods they may void the warranty lo...my frens kena le...esp ECU and memory stuffs....even rims n tyres...very controlled

Rim and tyres too? Means you change your tyres at Stamford, they can void your warranty for suspension? -_-"

Rim and tyres too? Means you change your tyres at Stamford, they can void your warranty for suspension? -_-"

ahha..rims esp..tyres must use bk same tyre size lo....

Nope, they quoted me almost the same price as outside for mine, whereas audi gave me 5k lesser.

And its not to say overtrade or anything cos the the prices are abt the same, just straight off 5k lesser.

I think it depends on car model. 

I traded in my 1yr old Japanese car to Audi to buy the B9 A4. The first quote they gave me, already $2-3K higher than C&C and PML as well as Wearnes (looking at the Jaguar XE). After that I bargained for $5000 more. Upon checking with sales mgr, they took my credit card and accepted my offer  [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Bros,

This is not really an Audi question but given I've been following this forum for a while and there are so many experienced bros here, thought I would ask the question, hope you don't mind.

I am usually a very careful driver (been driving 10 years with 0 demerit points), but this morning I think I ran a red light due to poor judgment. The junction of Lavender St and Kallang Road. It was pretty darn close, but reviewing my dash cam footage I think I may not have made it.  There was a red light camera (those orange ones) but it did not flash.  I did a bit of reading and I understand that the new cameras do not flash, so it is impossible to know (especially in the day) if you got caught.  

A few questions:

- Is there any "grace period" for the red light camera.  I think it would have been VERY close, so if there is some grace period I may be able to have scraped it barely.

- Does the new right light camera flash in the day?

I attach a picture of a screenshot from my Dash Cam - this is the moment between the amber and red light (so the traffic light shows no light).  you can see my bonnet has not passed the STOP line.  

Thanks bros!

Bro. 

Yes, the new TP camera will flash even in the day if you violate the rules. I saw it once in front of me when the opposite car beat the traffic light. And I was told that all four wheels must pass through the white lines in order to violate the rule. I wouldn't be too concern if I were you if the vehicle's front wheels just pass beyond the white line. 

Bro. 

Yes, the new TP camera will flash even in the day if you violate the rules. I saw it once in front of me when the opposite car beat the traffic light. And I was told that all four wheels must pass through the white lines in order to violate the rule. I wouldn't be too concern if I were you if the vehicle's front wheels just pass beyond the white line. 

It's quite amazing how they are able to capture if 2 front wheels cross the white line or all 4 wheels do so... 

↡ Advertisement