2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

here a fresh newbie.

I ve been reading this thread for a while, to understand how Audi A4 performance, and feedback of the users.

Learnt a lot of all of you, such as Audi2016,Blueswift, and many of you.

Few things still hold my mind:

1) Is Virtual Cockpit necessary?  I love it, by checking it through Youtube and reading online.  May you share your experience using this device.

2) Parking Distance Control display - I believe A4 does not come with this device. Any of you have tried to install with third parties, will it be feasible.  Despite I have been drive without such device nearly 10 year, my wife is asking for it, better check before committing.

3) From your deal closed, anyone attempt to ask to change the rim & tyre size.  My SE insists cheaper to do outside, and never offer.  Mea while, I have read Audi catalogue has recommendation sizes to A4 2.0.  Also worry it will void certain warranty?  Any idea if increasing these wheels?

4) Planning to go to Vivocity to ask for final offer, anyone has tried?  What is your deal given?

Sorry for being asking and troubling Audi A4 users, hope to settle down with it.  Probably can join you guys to have small group exchanging of your new Audi A4 together.  

↡ Advertisement

IMO, whilst I like the integrated look of navigation, I always find myself relying on the Maps Apple apps to bring me to places. As such, I would ensure that Apple CarPlay is available - which it is for the A4. However, if you find sufficient reasons to have the VC, it is cheaper to just spec the car with it with PA as it cost close to $10k to install it aftermarket.

As for rims, it is quite a costly item and I have not been successful with such a request be it PA or any other car agents thus far. This can be easily addressed with aftermarket tyre/rim shops.

here a fresh newbie.

I ve been reading this thread for a while, to understand how Audi A4 performance, and feedback of the users.

Learnt a lot of all of you, such as Audi2016,Blueswift, and many of you.

Few things still hold my mind:

1) Is Virtual Cockpit necessary?  I love it, by checking it through Youtube and reading online.  May you share your experience using this device.

2) Parking Distance Control display - I believe A4 does not come with this device. Any of you have tried to install with third parties, will it be feasible.  Despite I have been drive without such device nearly 10 year, my wife is asking for it, better check before committing.

3) From your deal closed, anyone attempt to ask to change the rim & tyre size.  My SE insists cheaper to do outside, and never offer.  Mea while, I have read Audi catalogue has recommendation sizes to A4 2.0.  Also worry it will void certain warranty?  Any idea if increasing these wheels?

4) Planning to go to Vivocity to ask for final offer, anyone has tried?  What is your deal given?

Sorry for being asking and troubling Audi A4 users, hope to settle down with it.  Probably can join you guys to have small group exchanging of your new Audi A4 together.  

• Praise 1

Thanks Wolfverine.

Virtual Cockpit (VC)  - You are right, it is a feature for this A4 2016, it is the few things express differently from its old model.  With Apple Carplay, it can do some of the jobs.  One additional question, so with the apple carplay, it will not display at the VC right?

Rims -  Are you tempting to change it? 

IMO, whilst I like the integrated look of navigation, I always find myself relying on the Maps Apple apps to bring me to places. As such, I would ensure that Apple CarPlay is available - which it is for the A4. However, if you find sufficient reasons to have the VC, it is cheaper to just spec the car with it with PA as it cost close to $10k to install it aftermarket.

As for rims, it is quite a costly item and I have not been successful with such a request be it PA or any other car agents thus far. This can be easily addressed with aftermarket tyre/rim shops.

Want to mod, don't scare, scare don't mod - At least that's the saying that goes around in car forums  [laugh]

For the VC, personally, if no additional waiting time (est. 3-6 months if no ex stocks) incurred during when I was about to buy, I would have gotten a unit with VC. It's really an eye candy.

But if you don't need it beyond that for your daily drive, then the $7500 could be better used elsewhere? Apple Car Play with its Maps right now does its job for me. Without the VC, that is. The analog speedometer while not fully digital, still looks ok lah for the $7500 saved.

This is my analog speedo from my earlier post:

lN4JPIu.jpg

Neutral Newbie

Test driven merc, BMW, Audi and Volvo  & review specs & read review  and bargain hard for it ,

So far based on offer what I got , Audi A4 and Volvo S60 T5 is value for money among  4 continental car ( Merc, BMW , Audi, Volvo). 

Merc don't offer much disc [smash]  hence out of reach

between Audi 4 1.4 and S60 T5 is really boil down what heart tell you .the offer  price is about the same ... [:p]

You guys who compare S60 and A4 , I really feel you , happy choosing

Apart from price comparison, you should also check the reliability, specs and resale.

A low selling price may be nice, but make sure it's an apples to apples comparison, cheers.

Apart from price comparison, you should also check the reliability, specs and resale.

A low selling price may be nice, but make sure it's an apples to apples comparison, cheers.

So I went to google a bit for reliability ranking:

http://www.consumerreports.org/car-reliability/car-brands-reliability-how-they-stack-up/

Seems like Audi is #4, BMW #9, Mercedes Benz #17 and Volvo #19. I can't even find an entry for Jaguar  [laugh] (for its same segment offering - Jaguar XE)

As for resale value, in local context, I think Audi tends to hold better resale value over Volvo and Jaguar in the same segment. Maybe it may lose out a bit if pitting against BMW and Mercedes Benz.

Thanks Wolfverine.

Virtual Cockpit (VC) - You are right, it is a feature for this A4 2016, it is the few things express differently from its old model. With Apple Carplay, it can do some of the jobs. One additional question, so with the apple carplay, it will not display at the VC right?

Rims - Are you tempting to change it?

Apologies but don't have VC.

As for rims, I will definitely change as 16" is way too small. 18" is about right IMO.

Neutral Newbie

PM-ed you already.

hahah yes. And benchmarked with the best deals.

Hi,

Can I check the prevailing best price too? Went to the showroom today and mySE also offered this crap package to me...

Hi,

Can I check the prevailing best price too? Went to the showroom today and mySE also offered this crap package to me...

the pricing of A4 is indeed tempting!!! 

Hi,

This is the latest deal from vivo road show as attached below. 

Left 3 colours for this price:

1. Monsoon Grey 

2. Manhattan Grey

3. Cuvee Silver 

Audi credits i suspect u use to get freebies la. 

I recommend these must haves. 

1. Audi Original Reverse Camera 

2. Chrome Front Grille and Air vents. 

3. Chrome Exhaust tip. 

For 3k Audi credits, that's prob all you can get; of course, some people prefer solar films instead of the chrome stuff. Really up to you. 

The benefit of all cars bought this year is that you guys have 5 year unlimited mileage warranty. 

3 years free servicing, if am not wrong, is almost the norm. (assume u drive 15,000km a year and the A4 B9 has a service interval of 15,000km). 

IMO, that's a good enough 'freebie' to supersede whatever else that I got 'free'. 

Rims just go outside and do after taking car. 

If am not wrong, the lowest the B9 ever hit was 145,999. I have a friend who bought it at that price and car came with ZERO freebies and NO free servicing and only 3 year warranty. He had to top up i think $1600 for the Audi reverse camera. I leave you with the math. 

Hope this helps. 

post-148885-0-67541300-1490489512_thumb.jpg

Edited by ahboy86
  • Praise 2

Audi 2016,

Nice pic & great earlier write-up.  

After comparing BMW + Merz, my mind is heading towards Audi - Vorsprung durch Technik.   [:)]

Want to mod, don't scare, scare don't mod - At least that's the saying that goes around in car forums  [laugh]

For the VC, personally, if no additional waiting time (est. 3-6 months if no ex stocks) incurred during when I was about to buy, I would have gotten a unit with VC. It's really an eye candy.

But if you don't need it beyond that for your daily drive, then the $7500 could be better used elsewhere? Apple Car Play with its Maps right now does its job for me. Without the VC, that is. The analog speedometer while not fully digital, still looks ok lah for the $7500 saved.

This is my analog speedo from my earlier post:

lN4JPIu.jpg

Audi 2016,

Nice pic & great earlier write-up.  

After comparing BMW + Merz, my mind is heading towards Audi - Vorsprung durch Technik.   [:)]

To tempt you further, I just achieved this last night, on Shell 95 fuel: 

post-148885-0-74482200-1490491570.jpg

Edited by ahboy86
  • Praise 2

Yes my first impression is the wheel is little small to its proportion.  

Will definitely consider to upgrade the rim!   Thought I should get in done at Audi to keep its warranty at one place.

Apologies but don't have VC.

As for rims, I will definitely change as 16" is way too small. 18" is about right IMO.

Yes my first impression is the wheel is little small to its proportion.  

Will definitely consider to upgrade the rim!   Thought I should get in done at Audi to keep its warranty at one place.

This is Audi's 17 inch offering for the A4 B9. 

It's apparently worth 3k plus .. 

I got them 'free' back then. 

But IMO, for 3k, u can get a good set of 18 inch flow form tech rims outside. Just go outside and do. 

Many of my club members go out to do. 

Dont worry. 

post-148885-0-67112900-1490493219.jpg

Oh.....Glacier White suits your image! 

Noted your advice.  While reading at A4 spec, the type size go to 19 inch! 

p/s: As i m newbie, one last post until 4.32pm 

This is Audi's 17 inch offering for the A4 B9. 

It's apparently worth 3k plus .. 

I got them 'free' back then. 

But IMO, for 3k, u can get a good set of 18 inch flow form tech rims outside. Just go outside and do. 

Many of my club members go out to do. 

Dont worry. 

post-186737-0-52246900-1490494160_thumb.png

Regarding rims, overseas most A4 comes with 18" rims at least. So go figure lor.. stupid SE / Agents say void warranty blah blah, they really dunno what they are talking. Like as if the car will kaput all of a sudden when what we are doing is merely upsizing the rims back to its original factory size for the model. 

Recently I did:

Matt silver chrome side mirrors (S4 style, goes nicely with my black color)

n1xavs.jpg

Change to a new rear diffuser (with chrome strip) to allow for dual exhaust tailpipe, 1 L 1 R

ibhr42.jpg

• Praise 1

Test driven merc, BMW, Audi and Volvo  & review specs & read review  and bargain hard for it ,

So far based on offer what I got , Audi A4 and Volvo S60 T5 is value for money among  4 continental car ( Merc, BMW , Audi, Volvo). 

Merc don't offer much disc [smash]  hence out of reach

between Audi 4 1.4 and S60 T5 is really boil down what heart tell you .the offer  price is about the same ... [:p]

You guys who compare S60 and A4 , I really feel you , happy choosing

Between the S60 T5 and A4 1.4, I would choose the A4. The S60 is a Y2010 model and it has been around for so long.Whereas the A4 is a complete new model launched last year. In terms of technology, 6 years is a long time. 

The interior for both cars as well ..... definitely A4.

Re-sale price ..... A4 of course.

At the end of the day, buy something you like. it is your choce. 

↡ Advertisement