2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

Hi all,

I am collecting my A4B9 first week of May. Would like to change the stock grille to the RS style honeycomb grille and adding a boot spoiler,  any bros got recommendation where to get it done? 

Congratulations of joining Audi Club.  

I was eyeing around of A4 B9, may plan for A5 Sportback.  

Cannot make up my mind.  Please share your drive and your modification once you done.

↡ Advertisement

Hi all,

I am collecting my A4B9 first week of May. Would like to change the stock grille to the RS style honeycomb grille and adding a boot spoiler,  any bros got recommendation where to get it done? 

Check through my posts for my modifications pics & contact for accessories workshop.

I have done the following:

S line side skirts

Votex boot lid spoiler

Audi original sports pedals

Matt chrome side mirror replacement covers (S4 style)

Steering wheel chrome trim

Rear diffuser with dual exhaust

18" rims & tires.

Recently got myself a pair of full aluminium silver color paddle shift extenders. My A4 is Black on black and comes stock with the front chrome Audi grille + dual chrome strips at fog light area.

As for the RS style honeycomb grille, I haven't seen one in person or photo before but I know have RS style front bumper, too fancy for my taste though.

very reasonable pricing considering it is a newly launched model. How many new a4 have been sold so far

ya lo...very very tempting le!!!! wow...alot of buyers on the sideline le

What's the fc like so far for a4b9? How far can 1 tank go? Thx

1. No in house tuning for this model yet as it's still very new, even though it was launched in SG back in early 2016. I'm also waiting for it.

2. No excessive consumption of engine oil but the B9 still needs to top up a bit. SA says it's FOC within warranty period but I've heard someone else say it's not.

What the SA says, not very consistent within the Ubi svc centre.. for e.g my car key remote battery flat, 1 say need to pay, but my SA say FOC.

Thanks.

I am more concern about the engine oil issue. How far have u travelled before topping up engine oil? Thx.

I see many Mythos Black and Glacier White A4s on the road. Must say they look good but presumably a lot of effort to maintain. Thus, other colors which will be less maintenance and eye-catching IMO will be Scuba Blue or Tango Red. Don't seem to see these 2 colors very often on the A4.

What's the fc like so far for a4b9? How far can 1 tank go? Thx

Thanks.

I am more concern about the engine oil issue. How far have u travelled before topping up engine oil? Thx.

The best FC that I had is 23.8km/l. Average FC is around 12 - 13 for mainly city driving. No engine oil problem as yet, as I'm a light footed driver.

In case there is, will just keep a bottle of engine oil in the boot.

1. No in house tuning for this model yet as it's still very new, even though it was launched in SG back in early 2016. I'm also waiting for it.

2. No excessive consumption of engine oil but the B9 still needs to top up a bit. SA says it's FOC within warranty period but I've heard someone else say it's not.

What the SA says, not very consistent within the Ubi svc centre.. for e.g my car key remote battery flat, 1 say need to pay, but my SA say FOC.

looks like SA has evolve .. we need to catch up by asking specific questions.

Both answer is correct based on the situation provided.

1. Oil top up is free IF within the 1st service period. But as flexibility is provided, they sometimes based on "human feel" of the person you engage in. 

If he not in the right mood and you hit 45000 already, I highly doubt you get oil top up free

2. Batt change is free for the same reason IF within 3 months it goes flat. But the petrol driving down is not worth it, just upgrade the batt to 2032 instead to 2025 and you be using it way longer

The best FC that I had is 23.8km/l. Average FC is around 12 - 13 for mainly city driving. No engine oil problem as yet, as I'm a light footed driver.

tats very very good le!!!! even 12-13 for a conti car is also impressive!!! wow.....

er..better than most jap or korean makes wor...haha

tats very very good le!!!! even 12-13 for a conti car is also impressive!!! wow.....

er..better than most jap or korean makes wor...haha

Yeah the A4 B9 is very fuel efficient.

Today rushing for work and was doing some hard driving, FC was 9.8 km/l

Yeah the A4 B9 is very fuel efficient.

Today rushing for work and was doing some hard driving, FC was 9.8 km/l

ya if FC is good then no need think..can go zoom ard SG lo..haha...

now pump prices so high le...

oops...drop is significant le....ok ltr i try hard driving see if the drop how

ya if FC is good then no need think..can go zoom ard SG lo..haha...

now pump prices so high le...

oops...drop is significant le....ok ltr i try hard driving see if the drop how

City driving with auto start stop deactivated can really compromise the FC. I think the A4 B9 is just really good for highway driving with its cruise mode.

City driving with auto start stop deactivated can really compromise the FC. I think the A4 B9 is just really good for highway driving with its cruise mode.

agreed!!! city driving is the killer....start stop...kills!!!!!

ahha...most cars are ok on highway lo....keke. 

u tried on the start stop function?

bro, what dual exhaust you change to after changing the rear diffuser.

is the dual exhaust comes with dual "muffler" like the A4 2.0?

Check through my posts for my modifications pics & contact for accessories workshop.

I have done the following:

S line side skirts

Votex boot lid spoiler

Audi original sports pedals

Matt chrome side mirror replacement covers (S4 style)

Steering wheel chrome trim

Rear diffuser with dual exhaust

18" rims & tires.

Recently got myself a pair of full aluminium silver color paddle shift extenders. My A4 is Black on black and comes stock with the front chrome Audi grille + dual chrome strips at fog light area.

As for the RS style honeycomb grille, I haven't seen one in person or photo before but I know have RS style front bumper, too fancy for my taste though.

agreed!!! city driving is the killer....start stop...kills!!!!!

ahha...most cars are ok on highway lo....keke.

u tried on the start stop function?

My auto start stop is always turned on, except today when I was chionging to work.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Wow! That is a long wait as I thought the recent promo that PA had it such that the delivery is relatively quick within a month plus. Is it a special color / equipment level that you have ordered?

As for aftermarket mod, I understand there is popular one that many VAG vehicles go to - you might want to do a search under the classified section of the VAG Forum.

I ordered the glacier white with black interior trim last week at Vivo roadshow. They do not have ready units so have to wait till end Apr. Edited by Psyche

Hi all,

So far.. i see alot of people doing it at Continental Klasse.. go search Facebook

Thanks. 12-13 is not bad.

Were you driving an A4B8 before? Think many of them would have a bottle to stand by.

I had an A4B8 for a year, coz of the high engine oil consumption, sold it off within a year.

↡ Advertisement