2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys, anyone upgrade rim to 17" instead of 18"? 

Am looking for more comfy ride setting with 17", any good shop with nice selection of 17" rim to recommend? 

Also mind sharing the trade in price of the stock 16" sets you got from them? Thanks! 

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Upgrade 1" from 16 to 17 no point lah.

A4 minimum must be 18" to look passable. 19" ideal.

Neutral Newbie

Upgrade 1" from 16 to 17 no point lah.

A4 minimum must be 18" to look passable. 19" ideal.

Haha, my outgoing Mazda 6 is on 18 inch wheel. Enjoyed enough. 

Just wish to enjoy the new ride in more comfort way with 17 Inch [laugh]

Supersonic

Liddat lagi worse. You so used to seeing the wheels fill up the wheel arch then now will look under-tyred. Wun be long b4 u see no shiok n spend $$$ again to change to 18"

Mercedes Benz most of their models need to wait one, unless you buy the bigger models e.g S-class maybe have ready stock. Bulk movers under their product line is A, C and the new E class mostly, B is slightly behind. People looking at B class usually get converted at BMW PML  [laugh]

They tell you if lucky 3 months, if not up to 6 months, can wait then wait, cannot it's alright, almost like a leave it or take it stance since behind have customers queuing to throw cheque at C&C!!!

Besides the additional waiting time (the B9 A4 newer model than C-class incidentally had minimal waiting time) + $15K premium + lack of full electric seats for front/back adjustment (during early 2016) made me drop the tri-pointed badge & consider the A4 and Jaguar XE more. But now I still steal glances at the C-class because it looks good, despite it being a 2014 model.

Not true. Not necessary need to wait 3 to 6 months. If they have in stock they will promo, else they can check for incoming shipment on the colour and specs. My fren and I waited less than 2 months (including the coe bidding) can collect liao. 

As stated in my earlier post, moved from 16" to 18" and IMO, the comfort and noise level did not get impacted significantly. For me, the upgrade of rims size is primarily aesthetic (thus 18") but for this particular ride, "instruction" from CO is not to compromise too much on comfort as it is ultimately her ride [:)].

However, ultimately you must be happy with your purchase [thumbsup].

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

As stated in my earlier post, moved from 16" to 18" and IMO, the comfort and noise level did not get impacted significantly. For me, the upgrade of rims size is primarily aesthetic (thus 18") but for this particular ride, "instruction" from CO is not to compromise too much on comfort as it is ultimately her ride [:)].

However, ultimately you must be happy with your purchase [thumbsup].

Thanks Bro,

So can't really feel the difference after the rim upgrade?

I was looking at different setting to 225 45 18 which is pretty close to 245 40 18 in terms of diameter, speed difference etc. Reason being thinner side wall + less wider width for reduce road noise. But end up feeling it's better to follow Manufacturing standard, so 17 inch haha, as comfort is more important now.

By the way, mind to share the trade in price for the 16 inch stock wheel for reference? Thanks!

Edited by Ultima

16" trade in with new tyres $600 there abouts. I traded mine for $800 but that was when the model is new.

Now more on the roads, more trade in, the price also dropped.

18" is better with 245/40. Closest to the original diameter. Least difference in speed readings. Also it's close to flushed look.

In Whatsapp group one did 17" BBS rims. Still looks good in my opinion. He topped up $1.9k+ after trade in. Given a choice again, I might go for 17".

Neutral Newbie

16" trade in with new tyres $600 there abouts. I traded mine for $800 but that was when the model is new.

Now more on the roads, more trade in, the price also dropped.

18" is better with 245/40. Closest to the original diameter. Least difference in speed readings. Also it's close to flushed look.

In Whatsapp group one did 17" BBS rims. Still looks good in my opinion. He topped up $1.9k+ after trade in. Given a choice again, I might go for 17".

Tks Carer,

This is very useful to me .

Trade in about $500-$600 region for the stock 16" rims + tyres. I'm on 225/45/18 although really wanted to go with 245 which unfortunately was more expensive for the tyre shop I went with.

Thanks Bro,
So can't really feel the difference after the rim upgrade?
I was looking at different setting to 225 45 18 which is pretty close to 245 40 18 in terms of diameter, speed difference etc. Reason being thinner side wall + less wider width for reduce road noise. But end up feeling it's better to follow Manufacturing standard, so 17 inch haha, as comfort is more important now.

By the way, mind to share the trade in price for the 16 inch stock wheel for reference? Thanks!

Neutral Newbie

Trade in about $500-$600 region for the stock 16" rims + tyres. I'm on 225/45/18 although really wanted to go with 245 which unfortunately was more expensive for the tyre shop I went with.

Thanks Wolfverine,

Good to know 225/45/18 does the job too. I suppose slightly bigger overall diameter didn't cause any rubbing etc over bump.

You can always change to 245/40/18 next time by getting from other tyre shop then.

1st Gear

Ultima, you finally booked A4?

Thanks Wolfverine,

Good to know 225/45/18 does the job too. I suppose slightly bigger overall diameter didn't cause any rubbing etc over bump.
You can always change to 245/40/18 next time by getting from other tyre shop then.

Neutral Newbie

Can add me to the group watsapp? Michelle 9xxxxxxJust bought my a4 yesterday

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

hopefully michelle doesn't receive calls from perverts in the middle of the night posting like that in public forums

Supersonic
(edited)

rushing to PA now to buy A4 and join the whatsapp group ...

hopefully michelle doesn't receive calls from perverts in the middle of the night posting like that in public forums

Edited by Wt_know

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

ðð¬

Edited by mwerkz

Can add me to the group watsapp? Michelle 9xxxxxxJust bought my a4 yesterday

Edited
↡ Advertisement