2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

One consolation with black rims is that it is a permanent solution to brake dust problem  [thumbsup] .

Actually I think the brake dust issue on the B9 A4 is very minimal. I go car wash once every 2 weeks or so.. my front silver rims doesn't look like gunmetal color because of this. Can't say the same for other brands.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Just collected my ride realise it does not has a map navigation, anyone know how can I activate this?

Hi bros. Will be getting A4 end of this month. With regards to VW0619 question, can we use Google maps for navigation?

Any recommendations to install in car camera, door entry logo lights and also chrome parts for front grille, steering wheel and exhaust tip?

Thanks in advance!

Hoping to learn more from u guys!

jialat, im on black rims

me too.  

Mine look like prius silver taxi on black rims lolx

but i like black rims cos hate to see brake dust n dirt on rims.  Previously on chrome rims, was a pain to wash it.

Actually I think the brake dust issue on the B9 A4 is very minimal. I go car wash once every 2 weeks or so.. my front silver rims doesn't look like gunmetal color because of this. Can't say the same for other brands.

My A3 is pretty bad with brake dust (mostly front rims).  And the many spokes original stock rims are quite tedious to clean.  Now I use those brake dust repellant.  Quite effective and last about 3 weeks (compared to 1+ weeks without) before the rims get unsightly.  But a bit expensive.

Hi bros. Will be getting A4 end of this month. With regards to VW0619 question, can we use Google maps for navigation?

Any recommendations to install in car camera, door entry logo lights and also chrome parts for front grille, steering wheel and exhaust tip?

Thanks in advance!

Hoping to learn more from u guys!

Apple Car Play lets you use Apple Maps, not Google Maps for navigation. It was one of my misconception earlier too. But the Apple Maps now is much improved so it's still okay.

As for the accessories, I installed the following at Continental Klasse (google):

Additional entry lights for rear doors

Steering wheel matt chrome trim (only in Design trim)

Original Audi sports pedals

Rear door scuff plates

Votex boot lid spoiler

If you want the chrome Audi front grille, you can install that too. I know certain B9 A4 didn't come with it.

I see..if I'm not wrong the chrome parts itself is more than $1k already..not too bad..

Well congrats on your purchase!

Congrats.  I am collecting my ride early Sep :), got COE the last bid...

I recently saw a couple of A4s on the road all with nice nice rims.

Tempted but I will be keeping my 16", old uncle here so comfort level more important.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Apple Car Play lets you use Apple Maps, not Google Maps for navigation. It was one of my misconception earlier too. But the Apple Maps now is much improved so it's still okay.

As for the accessories, I installed the following at Continental Klasse (google):

Additional entry lights for rear doors

Steering wheel matt chrome trim (only in Design trim)

Original Audi sports pedals

Rear door scuff plates

Votex boot lid spoiler

If you want the chrome Audi front grille, you can install that too. I know certain B9 A4 didn't come with it.

So we need to connect a iPhone? I'm an android user.

Any recommendations for in car camera brand?

I use my android on google maps when I go Msia. Apple maps really cmi.

U need to download and install some files for the mmi to communicate with android phones. Join the fb group there is a consolidated file by Kenny including the link to download.

Did it recently for my LG G4. I am also apple user.

me too.

Mine look like prius silver taxi on black rims lolx

but i like black rims cos hate to see brake dust n dirt on rims. Previously on chrome rims, was a pain to wash it.

Haha I still like black rims.

So we need to connect a iPhone? I'm an android user.

Any recommendations for in car camera brand?

Hmm does that mean Android Auto is not offered as standard for the B9 A4 yet? When I bought my A4 in March.. SE says Android Auto coming up very soon. Surprised they took so long.

In that case, you will use Google Maps from your Android phone.

Hmm does that mean Android Auto is not offered as standard for the B9 A4 yet? When I bought my A4 in March.. SE says Android Auto coming up very soon. Surprised they took so long.

In that case, you will use Google Maps from your Android phone.

Android Auto is readily supported by Audi. But it has to be downloaded onto our android smartphones from the Google Play Store, which unfortunately is NOT available on our local play store as of yet. So we (those in the grp chat) had to download the .apk file from other websites. Not only has google maps, but it can read whatsapp msgs, etc. while driving. Edited by BlueSwifts

Android Auto is readily supported by Audi. But it has to be downloaded from the Google Play Store, which unfortunately is NOT available on our local play store as of yet. So we (those in the grp chat) had to download the .apk file from other websites. Not only has google maps, but it can read whatsapp msgs, etc. while driving.

Wow okay, thanks for the heads up. Hope they make it easily accessible for others soon (without having the need for the technical know-how)

Wow okay, thanks for the heads up. Hope they make it easily accessible for others soon (without having the need for the technical know-how)

This one not Audi problem liao. Its Google's. Haha

On the other hand, pay so much for conti but end up is only FWD... Might as well get BMW or Merc? ððð

For me is the price ba. mid a4 vs large jap(actually thai) sedans (was thinking accord but family said a quick NO!!!)...

Anyway see Bay excited, saw 2 X white A4 B9 at Jurong east area just this evening Sia... White is really nice...

Patiently waiting to collect my scuba blue A4...

Edited by Panggou

Neutral Newbie

Hi all bros,

Can recommend what dash cams u guys using?

And installation wise, how to go about it, without voiding warranty from PA?

Neutral Newbie

Hi all bros,

Can recommend what dash cams u guys using?

And installation wise, how to go about it, without voiding warranty from PA?

Iroad and blackvue should be the most recognised brands.

Iroad 7 not bad. I am using. Latest version is iroad 9.

Blackvue have to remember to buy the additional power magic battery thingy.

Installing dash cam may void warranty with regards to any electrical related failure i think.

I got mine installed by PA technicians but not through PA. Meaning it's off the books. Any issues, PA won't rectify but i will go back to the same PA technicians to address. But it's much cheaper outside if you go recognised shops like soon lee. Just the issue of warranty.

Iroad and blackvue should be the most recognised brands.

Iroad 7 not bad. I am using. Latest version is iroad 9.

Blackvue have to remember to buy the additional power magic battery thingy.

Installing dash cam may void warranty with regards to any electrical related failure i think.

I got mine installed by PA technicians but not through PA. Meaning it's off the books. Any issues, PA won't rectify but i will go back to the same PA technicians to address. But it's much cheaper outside if you go recognised shops like soon lee. Just the issue of warranty.

PIang ah!!

Both iroad & Blackvue also need power bank (cellink) to avoid warranty issue.  Cellink is charged via ciggy port

Mind you, despite yours installed by PA Technician, any car related electrical claims might be void.

Edited by Davidtch

PIang ah!!

Both iroad & Blackvue also need power bank (cellink) to avoid warranty issue.  Cellink is charged via ciggy port

Mind you, despite yours installed by PA Technician, any car related electrical claims might be void.

wah sei.....PA technician give personal 'warranty' can trust boh?? 

• Praise 1

wah sei.....PA technician give personal 'warranty' can trust boh?? 

Wow. What if the technicians doesn't work there anymore? They hop around more than we know.

Since both methods no warranty, I'd rather get a Blackvue cam from a reputable workshop. At least I know the company harder to vanish into thin air.

For me is the price ba. mid a4 vs large jap(actually thai) sedans (was thinking accord but family said a quick NO!!!)...

Anyway see Bay excited, saw 2 X white A4 B9 at Jurong east area just this evening Sia... White is really nice...

Patiently waiting to collect my scuba blue A4...

Remember to post photos!!!

Today sent in my B9 A4 for first 15K servicing. Servicing is free (engine oil + usual checks) but was recommended to do engine flush treatment.. Must pay de  [furious]

↡ Advertisement