2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

Hi all, i have another question for owners of A4 with virtual cockpit again.

Does the audi sat nav come with real time traffic? if not, do you end up using the navigation from the apple car play more often than the audi sat nav instead? 

The option list also mentions that audi connect comes with the virtual cockpit, and i wonder if there is any particular feature from audi connect that you found useful?

Went down to test drive today and the SE told me that there is no update for the sat nav map for singapore and audi connect has very limited use in singapore because of 'licencing issue', not further specified, so i was hoping for some comments from real users. 

Thanks in advance!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I always feel that hp maps app will be the most updated plus real time traffic as well. Plus free.

Maps from car dealers need to pay to update. And nt cheap.

• Praise 2

Hi there, I got it too. Was there on sat, wasn't very crowded. So the agent didn't throw in anything?

Was also told that there's only 10 units, didn't know it increased to 30, whoa.

What colour you chose?

Any idea when will be collecting the cars?

Other than this forum is there any other Audi Singapore forum that owners usually seek and provides help as well as meet ups?

I was there both Sat and Sunday. I got moonlight Blue. How about you?

Agent at first say try $1k off price of $145,999 and three years free servicing. But he later said management rejected. So in the end really no freebies. Just net price. Don't know if true or not. Did you get the same deal? I thought it was a decent price without the freebies.

I think my collection is early December. They eventually sold 25 event fleet units. Supposed to be 10 but apparently sold out very fast because of the ad (again not sure if true or just sales tactics).

I went to see BMW 318i, CLA180, C180 before making my final decision (that's why I went two days) and it was a no brainier in the end. BMW 318i has lower horsepower but obviously feels good because it's a BMW, CLA180 too small, C180 is very nice but out of budget.

• Praise 1

Agent at first say try $1k off price of $145,999 and three years free servicing. But he later said management rejected. So in the end really no freebies. Just net price. Don't know if true or not. Did you get the same deal? I thought it was a decent price without the freebies.

I think my collection is early December. They eventually sold 25 event fleet units. Supposed to be 10 but apparently sold out very fast because of the ad (again not sure if true or just sales tactics).

I went to see BMW 318i, CLA180, C180 before making my final decision (that's why I went two days) and it was a no brainier in the end. BMW 318i has lower horsepower but obviously feels good because it's a BMW, CLA180 too small, C180 is very nice but out of budget.

Yup same net price with no freebies. No servicing too.

Got it black on black. How abt your interior?

Not sure what will happen if I can't make it for this coe bidding today due to pending loan.. and ya I looked around too guess this is the best choice.

Not sure if really sold out very fast haha cus my SE didn't mention anything abt it at all.

any good (preferably chio) SE to recommend?  please pm

I have a friend going to commit to an A4 soon.  thanks.

:D

• Praise 1

Not sure what will happen if I can't make it for this coe bidding today due to pending loan.. and ya I looked around too guess this is the best choice.

I thought this A4 is for an event right? if that is true, they will need the car to be on the road quickly and hence they likely will have open COEs on hand esp for cases like yours whose loan not approved yet.

• Praise 3

Bro, may I ask how much overtrade was offered for your current ride ?

Have you sat on the A4 seats? They are just as comfy and nice to sit on. :) How I know? Former BMW 3 series owner here.

Also, the high wear areas on the seats are made of real leather (the other places are made of artificial) as compared to the full artificial leather.

Unfortunately, there are no memory seats on the base model, which is a bummer to many, but at least they are also electric as compared to the C180.

GPS wise, Audi has Android Auto and Apple Carplay. Can display/reads out your messages, show GPS with google's traffic data (Waze coming soon for Android Auto), weather, news, spotify, etc. all integrated without having to touch your phone after plugging into Audi's MMI system. Plus free updates all the way!

If want compare to Audi's integrated GPS system, yes it is more expensive than base A4 and now costs $157,499 (still $2.5k cheaper and yet $5k higher omv as compared to the 318i), but it comes with a larger central console display, touch pad on the scroll wheel for typing, google earth maps, google map search, google street view, Wifi hotspot for up to 10 devices (great if picking up overseas friends and tablets without internet data) and 3 years free updates with an update once every 6 months. Oh and also have a full digital speedometer (virtual cockpit), the most abused marketing tool by PA.....

Audi A4 also has three-zone climate control (rear aircon can also adjust temperature settings Digitally), 10 speakers, while engine has lower fuel consumption, accelerates faster, lower road tax (but minimal difference), more comfortable (softer suspension and non run-flat tyres), more practical and IMO a much much nicer interior design.

Last but not least, lower depreciation.

But if those mentioned above doesn't matter and people prefer a slightly nicer handling ride, have a peace of mind with a Torque Converter ZF Gearbox and more "atas" badge, 318i is better than the A4.

EDIT: I would also like to point out that the A4 was chosen with an open mind. The 3 series, c class and XE are great cars as well, but I went in without being biased and selected based on score.

This was the selection matrix and it was based on personal opinion only,

i) Price: A4 > XE > 3 series > C Class

ii) OMV (Based on various posts in Conti Talk): XE > C Class > A4 > 3 Series

iii) Practicality: A4 > 3 Series > C Class > XE 

iv) Comfort: C Class > A4 > 3 Series > XE

v) Interior: A4 > C Class > XE > 3 Series

vi) Exterior: C Class > XE > A4 > 3 Series (A4 B9 looks similar to the B8 and F30 is outgoing model)

vii) Handling: XE > 3 Series > A4 > C Class

Dont find the seats in my current ride as supportive as 3 series. especially around the thigh area.. maybe A4 seats are more supportive? 

Bro, may I ask how much overtrade was offered for your current ride ?

My first car :) so no overtrade at all.

Yup same net price with no freebies. No servicing too.

Got it black on black. How abt your interior?

Not sure if really sold out very fast haha cus my SE didn't mention anything abt it at all.

COE price out - Cat B is at S$53k.  Agent has confirmed car - paying tomorrow.  Mine is black interior.  Loved the grey interior but thought would be hard to maintain. 

COE price out - Cat B is at S$53k. Agent has confirmed car - paying tomorrow. Mine is black interior. Loved the grey interior but thought would be hard to maintain.

Paying tmr?? You not getting loan?

Whoa first car? They told me that this price has to trade in lol

• Praise 1

Paying tmr?? You not getting loan?

Whoa first car? They told me that this price has to trade in lol

They waived the overtrade for me.  Had to fight hard.  

Taking loan.  Just not the entire amount so need to top up the remainder over and above the deposit.

• Praise 1

COE price out - Cat B is at S$53k.  Agent has confirmed car - paying tomorrow.  Mine is black interior.  Loved the grey interior but thought would be hard to maintain. 

For event cars, the buyers will be the second owners?

• Praise 1

Haha, why must be chio

I know there is a long hair leggy one there, dunno her name though.

any good (preferably chio) SE to recommend? please pm

I have a friend going to commit to an A4 soon. thanks.

• Praise 1

Haha, why must be chio

Most of the ones I have seen are decent looking but I wouldn't describe them as chio haha. Also, I noticed most are at least late thirties or early forties. Haven't seen any SYTs. Edited by littlecar

Haha, why must be chio

as a good friend, i don't question his motives

No. You are first owner of the car, but you have to "loan" the car to a rep of Audi to drive for a few hours on one day, for the audi event.

For event cars, the buyers will be the second owners?

• Praise 1

No. You are first owner of the car, but you have to "loan" the car to a rep of Audi to drive for a few hours on one day, for the audi event.

Did they mention what event this is?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2