2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

That means they will collect full payment before letting you collect car.

What if on day of event, Kenna MC and cannot deliver car for event how ?

Doing a quick comparison :

146k for new car but must let them use for event - no freebies

148k for new car at the Kallang outlet sale - no freebies

150k for new car - 3 year/45000 km free servicing

Which is best deal ?

If it's 1k penalty for failure to deliver for the event then it's as good as 147k for brand new without freebies. Since three years' servicing won't cost 3k I think the event car is the best deal.

↡ Advertisement

Haha imagine if all those who bought the event cars decide not to turn up.

Maybe that's why they increased the number they sold under this promotion. To cater for no shows. But they should have made the penalty high enough to match the price sold without this promotion to discourage the no shows. Otherwise people would just buy at this price and don't show up for the event.

There is no such thing as special price only for you! This is salesman crap talk. I would share prices openly.

We all know it's crap talk. But there will be some slight difference if you know how to negotiate. Either way i didn't get the A4 so cant comment much on the price. Cheers

Audi "Black Friday Sale" - New A4 selling at $146K. Not sure about freebies.

I believe this is the lowest price I have seen for this model since the loan curb was relaxed. 

• Praise 1

Anyone can share the typical overtrade value offer by Audi? Tks

Audi doesn't play the overtrade game. So you will get a "market value" quote from one of their dealers. If they agree to raise their offer, it's simply by moving a discount they would otherwise have given you anyway.

Hi to all Bros

Went down on Thurs 24 Nov. Showroom was empty and got sales staff who approached me to show me the A4. Very stark difference compared to few months back when i pop in on a Sat afternoon, walked around for half an hr with no sales staff to even bother you. Guess their sales must have been record breaking then lo. Customer service wise could be further improved.

Sales staff emphasized on the Black Friday event where prices can't get any lower than this. A4 basic model priced at $146k with absolutely no freebies. My intention was to do 50% downpay with 3yr loan. Sales guy said if i could do 5 yr loan, he would throw in 3 year free service. The loan commision does affect their bottom line too, hmm. (Btw, their 3 year free service means 1 time a year only, is it the same for Performance motor & C&C ?)

After this weekend, car would be priced at $156k, with usual freebies like car cam, solar film, 3 yr servicing, oops i had forgot to ask if got free reverse cam. If wanna do up the front frame with chrome u need to pay $956. Big turn off when i read up that this comes in free. Sales guy said the base model with standard black grill looks sporty & better than the chrome grill. Very nicely twisted.

Rims come in at 16 inch, was told if u ship in car with 17 inch CEVS rebate will be gone. Was also told many buyers after taking delivery of new car would head outside to trade in & upgrade to 18inch rim. Any bros here bought the Design trim?

End up i told him would take a look at the rest of the showrooms further down the road and do some comparison. Really keen on the A4, but dont wanna rush into making an impulse buy. Not in a hurry to change anytime soon, since I have 1 more year to go on the current ride.

• Praise 2

Hi to all Bros

Went down on Thurs 24 Nov. Showroom was empty and got sales staff who approached me to show me the A4. Very stark difference compared to few months back when i pop in on a Sat afternoon, walked around for half an hr with no sales staff to even bother you. Guess their sales must have been record breaking then lo. Customer service wise could be further improved.

Sales staff emphasized on the Black Friday event where prices can't get any lower than this. A4 basic model priced at $146k with absolutely no freebies. My intention was to do 50% downpay with 3yr loan. Sales guy said if i could do 5 yr loan, he would throw in 3 year free service. The loan commision does affect their bottom line too, hmm. (Btw, their 3 year free service means 1 time a year only, is it the same for Performance motor & C&C ?)

After this weekend, car would be priced at $156k, with usual freebies like car cam, solar film, 3 yr servicing, oops i had forgot to ask if got free reverse cam. If wanna do up the front frame with chrome u need to pay $956. Big turn off when i read up that this comes in free. Sales guy said the base model with standard black grill looks sporty & better than the chrome grill. Very nicely twisted.

Rims come in at 16 inch, was told if u ship in car with 17 inch CEVS rebate will be gone. Was also told many buyers after taking delivery of new car would head outside to trade in & upgrade to 18inch rim. Any bros here bought the Design trim?

End up i told him would take a look at the rest of the showrooms further down the road and do some comparison. Really keen on the A4, but dont wanna rush into making an impulse buy. Not in a hurry to change anytime soon, since I have 1 more year to go on the current ride.

Take a test drive and you may just want to sign up at the next traffic light ...  :grin:

• Praise 1

Hi to all Bros

Yup tires and rims affect the cevs since co2 is calculated based on a rolling car on the road. Not many realize this. You can easily drop a catagory with a 17in rim.

That's why sometimes I wonder

We may add all kinds of go faster ecu chips, air filters and such. Then add other go slower bits like spoilers, rims, shark fins and mud flaps. Add up all the costs and we probably spent enough to get a car in the next class :)

Yup tires and rims affect the cevs since co2 is calculated based on a rolling car on the road. Not many realize this. You can easily drop a catagory with a 17in rim.

This is the first I heard of this. Rationally doesn't make sense.

I thought amount of co2 released is tested at combustion cycle of the engine under certain load.

This is the first I heard of this. Rationally doesn't make sense.

I thought amount of co2 released is tested at combustion cycle of the engine under certain load.

It does. Wheels with 16 inch rims are lighter than 17 inch rims. It is more fuel efficient when the wheels are lighter. Putting heavier wheels will result in needing slightly more power to accelerate. Its like heavy shoes. You will surely run faster with lightweight shoes instead.

PA had to put 16 inch because if the A4 consumes just 1g/km more, the CEVS rebate will no longer be $10k.

That's why sometimes I wonder

We may add all kinds of go faster ecu chips, air filters and such. Then add other go slower bits like spoilers, rims, shark fins and mud flaps. Add up all the costs and we probably spent enough to get a car in the next class :)

But spend $10k more still cheaper than BMW 318i or Jaguar XE leh. Haha

It does. Wheels with 16 inch rims are lighter than 17 inch rims. It is more fuel efficient when the wheels are lighter. Putting heavier wheels will result in needing slightly more power to accelerate. Its like heavy shoes. You will surely run faster with lightweight shoes instead.

PA had to put 16 inch because if the A4 consumes just 1g/km more, the CEVS rebate will no longer be $10k.

Yes absolutely correct! To add further just go to Audi or vw U.K. Websites and spec different size wheels and you can see the co2 readings change.

It's the same for Honda vezel S with 17in vs vezel x with 16 rims

Hi to all Bros

Maybe they will give a better deal after the CNY / Motorshow rush?

Anyway, this 146k is a lot lower than the C180 and BMW 318, which are it's main rivals.

Of course it's only 10k or so more than the reliability duo from Thailand: Camry, and not far from the Accord in price.

Edited by therock
↡ Advertisement