2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

For those users opted the VC - Is the Audi Connect available in SG yet?

If not, the Data SIM fixed on the A4 can only be meant for on-board WiFi usage in this case?

Thanks for helping out.

Only the most basic Audi Connect features. Other than the on-board WiFi usage (hotspot), just Google Earth, Google Street View, Searching locations by Google. The rest of the other features are not here yet (or maybe never, if PA is being LAZY!!!!)

But if you have WiFi hotspot, can simply use Android Auto and plug in to the MMI and use Spotify.

↡ Advertisement

Only the most basic Audi Connect features. Other than the on-board WiFi usage (hotspot), just Google Earth, Google Street View, Searching locations by Google. The rest of the other features are not here yet (or maybe never, if PA is being LAZY!!!!)

But if you have WiFi hotspot, can simply use Android Auto and plug in to the MMI and use Spotify.

Does that manes the in-built navigation from the Virtual Cockpit cannot work without the SIM card inserted?

Does that manes the in-built navigation from the Virtual Cockpit cannot work without the SIM card inserted?

I took out the SIM card and the built in navigation still works

Can't load the Google earth style map without SIM card but can load the non-google earth style map

I eventually kept the SIM card in my own wifi dongle device on-board and MMI was able to join the dongle WiFi to load google earth style map too

AudiConnect is not available on the MMI menu for Singapore even though the full description for the virtual cockpit option mentions AudiConnect. Was told is a licencing issue. However, you will get the Singapore, malaysia, thailand map, WiFi hotspot, SIM card slot, Google earth maps and online destination search capabilities.

As for recent comments about audio, i didnt encounter the problems they mentioned.

I guess you just have to listen for yourself and decide if the sound system meet your requirement. While in the showroom, i was allowed by my SE to plug in my iphone with a lightning cable to the A4 MMI. Played spotify music (using carplay) and test the Audi Sound System speakers. I guess you may also bring your own music on SD card and try the same. 

My audio volume always automatically decrease volume while reversing.

• Praise 1

I took out the SIM card and the built in navigation still works

Can't load the Google earth style map without SIM card but can load the non-google earth style map

I eventually kept the SIM card in my own wifi dongle device on-board and MMI was able to join the dongle WiFi to load google earth style map too

AudiConnect is not available on the MMI menu for Singapore even though the full description for the virtual cockpit option mentions AudiConnect. Was told is a licencing issue. However, you will get the Singapore, malaysia, thailand map, WiFi hotspot, SIM card slot, Google earth maps and online destination search capabilities.

As for recent comments about audio, i didnt encounter the problems they mentioned.

I guess you just have to listen for yourself and decide if the sound system meet your requirement. While in the showroom, i was allowed by my SE to plug in my iphone with a lightning cable to the A4 MMI. Played spotify music (using carplay) and test the Audi Sound System speakers. I guess you may also bring your own music on SD card and try the same. 

My audio volume always automatically decrease volume while reversing.

Thanks for explaining. Looks like a great idea using a WiFi dongle to tether!  [rolleyes]

One thing I noticed as well is that whenever I reverse, the audio system does not automatically go quieter. Maybe I am missing something or dont know how to do it. But other Japanese cars like Toyota have that function. This helps you to hear the reverse beeping sensor without manually turning down the volume button.

This seems unusual. I don't have this problem when I engage reserve gear.

Yes it's really bad, and sometimes feel that the volume is inconsistent, like it will get softer for no reason..

ur mmi can set the following

1- when u reverse car, audio will lower volume

2- speed dependent audio volume (known as GALA - when u drive faster, the volume will also increase. you can fine tune the increment (slider knob from min increase to max increase). go play with it and change it to suit you. do check it out in ur mmi under audio settings

below image is for older b8 model with b&o sound system. all audi have it, even non b&o sound system equipped cars.

post-17966-0-00119000-1482909168.jpg

Edited by Jenius81

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=613628&DL=2003

Sometimes really makes me wonder how premium price their new and used car. $155,999 for a used car simply does not make senses as I was told $155K + $7500 can get me a brand new..

I have seen this car at Premium Leasing. Management unit with full options in (VC, Nav, S Line Kit, etc). 1 year old. That is why they are selling so high. 

Neutral Newbie

Yes it's really bad, and sometimes feel that the volume is inconsistent, like it will get softer for no reason..

Yeah just noticed the random volume fluctuations too (and it's definitely uncorrelated to speed).

Auto decrease in volume when reversing works fine though.

More pertinently, does anyone else feel that the engine causes the whole car to vibrate/ tremor in a sort of pulsing manner when in idle? (Switched off auto start stop) Feels somewhat like a bus (although not to the same extent of course)... Smooth as silk when moving though.

Thanks for your inputs :)

Edited by audiaudio

Yeah just noticed the random volume fluctuations too (and it's definitely uncorrelated to speed).

More pertinently, does anyone else feel that the engine causes the whole car to vibrate/ tremor in a sort of pulsing manner when in idle? (Switched off auto start stop) Feels somewhat like a bus (although not to the same extent of course)... Smooth as silk when moving though.

Don't faced issues with music volume.. but the idling is normal.. it goes up to About 1.1-1.2k rpm once in a while..normal idling is just below 1k rpm; so it does vibrate abit harsher.. can't expect very quiet smooth idling for a 1.4.. Edited by LerLim

Neutral Newbie

Don't faced issues with music volume.. but the idling is normal.. it goes up to About 1.1-1.2k rpm once in a while..normal idling is just below 1k rpm; so it does vibrate abit harsher.. can't expect very quiet smooth idling for a 1.4..

Hmm I noticed the music volume issue only when I was using the radio, perhaps something to do with the radio reception?

But good to know the vibrations are normal, somewhat annoying but at least nothing to worry about.

It's a bit strange though, the vibrations are sort of 'pulsing', so it's like 1 sec smooth, 1 sec vibrate, 1 sec smooth... If always smooth would be fantastic haha

• Praise 1

It is the air-con. I have this to in my a3 when the aircon is on.

• Praise 1

Hi all, any knows what's the CNY offer for A4?

over at the new A3 launch, they are giving 5 years warranty. You could try checking with the SE if this applies to new A4s?

• Praise 1