2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

Hmm I noticed the music volume issue only when I was using the radio, perhaps something to do with the radio reception?

But good to know the vibrations are normal, somewhat annoying but at least nothing to worry about.

It's a bit strange though, the vibrations are sort of 'pulsing', so it's like 1 sec smooth, 1 sec vibrate, 1 sec smooth... If always smooth would be fantastic haha

Yes, typically it is due to the aircon compressor. I don't drive audi but I noticed the same thing on my car. With aircon switched off, car is very silent and steering wheel has no vibration. Once aircon is switched on, a slight vibration can be felt on the steering wheel.

In your case, it is probably the compressor cutting in and out.

• Praise 1

Why u guys dont get the A3 instead?

I'm just gonna copy and paste my old posts for those who are wondering.

"And in my opinion for $25k difference:

1. DL382-7F DCT Wet-Clutch gearbox, new Gearbox design and its the same used in the 2015/2016 FWD 2.0 Audi A7, 2.0/1.8 A6 and 2.0 A5.

2. Interior Design Language from the Q7 and even in the recently announced Q5.

3. Using the MLB Platform which is also used for the Q7 and even the $900k Bentley Bentayga, with five-link axle with front and rear (Rear is first for an A4) track rod suspension.

4. MMI interface which supports Apple Car Play and Android Auto as standard.

5. CAT B with better performance. 0-100km/h in less than 8.5 seconds.

6. It's one of the most practical and comfortable cars among the competition in its class (C180, 318i, XE D).

All these can easily add up to more than $8k OMV. So factor in the ARF and additional AD profit, total is $25k more."

Edited by BlueSwifts
  • Praise 5

Spot on. A4 & Q7 same platform. A3 & Golf same platform. But small price premium. Better value overall.

Btw, no one bought the Avant so far?

Edited by Soya

Spot on. A4 & Q7 same platform. A3 & Golf same platform. But small price premium. Better value overall.

Btw, no one bought the Avant so far?

I have parked my a3 next to a4 before and it seems a lot of the extra length over the a3 is attributed to the bonnet. Just wondering if there is a lot of wasted space in the engine bay (since the 2 cars are using the same 1.4 engine block).

Twincharged

I have parked my a3 next to a4 before and it seems a lot of the extra length over the a3 is attributed to the bonnet. Just wondering if there is a lot of wasted space in the engine bay (since the 2 cars are using the same 1.4 engine block).

That's the MLB platform advantage, Longitudinal engine.

Yeah. Better weight distribution and handling. A4 alot more spacious then A3 also. Dont tink ate alot into the interior space.

I wouldn't say a lot more spacious though. At least not the impression I got when sat in it.

I wouldn't say a lot more spacious though. At least not the impression I got when sat in it.

Yeah this would be subjective. To me, i find it alot more spacious.

A3 is cosy, A4 i have spare space.

• Praise 2

Yeah this would be subjective. To me, i find it alot more spacious.

A3 is cosy, A4 i have spare space.

Actual measurements is 97 Vs 91 cu ft cabin volume.

Both headroom and legroom is similar and about 1+ inch more for shoulder room.

Actual measurements is 97 Vs 91 cu ft cabin volume.

Both headroom and legroom is similar and about 1+ inch more for shoulder room.

This was compared to the old a4? Sedan vs sedan? I rem everything from wheelbase, leg room, head room and shoulder room is more.

This was compared to the old a4? Sedan vs sedan? I rem everything from wheelbase, leg room, head room and shoulder room is more.

New to new. Sedan to sedan

Edited by zerobim08

It's a relative thing ..

From pure numbers you pay about 20% more for 10% more space.

But there are other things like a better gearbox, German build, rear wheel drive etc.. for 150k it's a nice car. Personally I like the round air vents and compact shape of the A3 :)

But comparing a low powered 1.0t vs a much better 1.4t the extra cash is definitely worth it.

The new A3 is a downgrade from last year's.

Hmm i personally like the new a3 more. Newer design, lights, lighter, better fc, lower road tax, 5yrs warranty, etc. Give up 9bhp and narrower torque range.

Older model looks outdated to me but this is subjective.

At least at the same price, i would go for the new one.

↡ Advertisement