• Reply to this topic
90 replies to this topic | 858 praises

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:36 AM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

nnie Lim , 41 - Singapore Most Most Beautiful Taxi Driver
taxidriver1.jpg?itok=21cRrmD2
Ms Annie Lim, 41, started driving a taxi for her two teenage sons, Aloysius Teo, 18, (middle) and Alvin Teo, 13.PHOTO: COURTESY OF ANNIE LIM

taxidriver2.jpg?itok=1TSkUdvv
Ms Annie Lim with her two sons.

PUBLISHED , JUL 9, 2015, 7:59 PM SGT

SINGAPORE - Almost every passenger who takes her taxi wonders why Ms Annie Lim, an attractive 41-year-old, drives a taxi for a living.

With her youthful looks and long tresses, might she not fare better in a sales job?, some have asked her.

The taxi driver of three months was the subject of a Hardware Zone forum thread titled "Breaking most chio cab driver in Sg (sic)" ('chio' means pretty in Hokkien).

Shin Min Daily News also featured her in an article on Thursday, calling her the "most beautiful taxi driver in Singapore".

She certainly stands out among the largely middle-aged male drivers the profession is associated with. After all, there is a reason why the drivers are often referred to as "taxi uncles".

Ms Lim did try a sales job, selling perfumes and beauty products, she said, but it paid a paltry $600 a month.

"I really don't have a choice," she told The Straits Times in Mandarin. "For my sons, I have to be strong."

The divorcee has two teenage boys who are still in school. The former housewife, who has not worked for about 20 years, only has a primary school leaving certificate.

She separated from her husband three years ago because he was unfaithful and their divorce was finalised last year.

"Every day, my sons tell me 'mummy, be careful' when I leave for work," she said.

While she got her cab driver's licence about a year ago, she hesitated as she was worried it may not be safe driving alone as a woman.

She finally picked up the courage to start driving three months ago and now does 12-hour shifts three days a week. She brings in $1,200 to $1,500 a month in earnings.

Besides the long hours of sitting and driving, it can get very hot in the afternoon, she said. It can also be hard to find a toilet on the road,so she avoids drinking too much water.

"I admire the drivers who drive every day," she said.

While she has been driving for 20 years, she is only familiar with roads in the west of Singapore. A few passengers have shouted at her for going the wrong way, even though she tells them she is new and still unfamiliar with the roads, she said.

Being a good-looking woman also brings some unwanted attention from male passengers, but she tells them: "Destiny dictated you take my taxi, that's good enough."

Cosmicclaw and 1 Anonymous member praised this

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:38 AM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

need to learn some tricks from the taxi driver taking home $7,000

She finally picked up the courage to start driving three months ago and now does 12-hour shifts three days a week. She brings in $1,200 to $1,500 a month in earnings.

Edited by Wt_know, 10 July 2015 - 11:38 AM.

Mr_b20 praised this

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:40 AM

Shull
  • Premium member
    Shull
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Well... she may jolly well meet a passenger who is fated to be her next soulmate..

2002 Honda Civic ES8 (2003-2013) | 2009 Honda Civic FD2 (2009 - present) | 2007 Mitsubishi Lancer CS3 (2013 - present)

Visit my travel blog at http://almostafreque...er.blogspot.com

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:40 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

nnie Lim , 41 - Singapore Most Most Beautiful Taxi Driver

taxidriver1.jpg?itok=21cRrmD2
Ms Annie Lim, 41, started driving a taxi for her two teenage sons, Aloysius Teo, 18, (middle) and Alvin Teo, 13.PHOTO: COURTESY OF ANNIE LIM

taxidriver2.jpg?itok=1TSkUdvv
Ms Annie Lim with her two sons.

PUBLISHED , JUL 9, 2015, 7:59 PM SGT

SINGAPORE - Almost every passenger who takes her taxi wonders why Ms Annie Lim, an attractive 41-year-old, drives a taxi for a living.

With her youthful looks and long tresses, might she not fare better in a sales job?, some have asked her.

The taxi driver of three months was the subject of a Hardware Zone forum thread titled "Breaking most chio cab driver in Sg (sic)" ('chio' means pretty in Hokkien).

Shin Min Daily News also featured her in an article on Thursday, calling her the "most beautiful taxi driver in Singapore".

She certainly stands out among the largely middle-aged male drivers the profession is associated with. After all, there is a reason why the drivers are often referred to as "taxi uncles".

Ms Lim did try a sales job, selling perfumes and beauty products, she said, but it paid a paltry $600 a month.

"I really don't have a choice," she told The Straits Times in Mandarin. "For my sons, I have to be strong."

The divorcee has two teenage boys who are still in school. The former housewife, who has not worked for about 20 years, only has a primary school leaving certificate.

She separated from her husband three years ago because he was unfaithful and their divorce was finalised last year.

"Every day, my sons tell me 'mummy, be careful' when I leave for work," she said.

While she got her cab driver's licence about a year ago, she hesitated as she was worried it may not be safe driving alone as a woman.

Besides the long hours of sitting and driving, it can get very hot in the afternoon, she said. It can also be hard to find a toilet on the road,so she avoids drinking too much water.

"I admire the drivers who drive every day," she said.

While she has been driving for 20 years, she is only familiar with roads in the west of Singapore. A few passengers have shouted at her for going the wrong way, even though she tells them she is new and still unfamiliar with the roads, she said.

Being a good-looking woman also brings some unwanted attention from male passengers, but she tells them: "Destiny dictated you take my taxi, that's good enough."

such a pretty wife also wanna

11164857_ori.jpg

?!?!?!?

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:41 AM

Mason016
  • Mason016
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I think the news should focus on her strong determination to do what is needed given the challenges she faces and less on her looks.

BanCoe, Vid, Mustank, Qpik, Lala81, Ktglfc and Yewheng praised this

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:42 AM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

I think the news should focus on her strong determination to do what is needed given the challenges she faces and less on her looks.

yup!  Totally agree

one comment said:

why glamourise the taxi professin?

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think this got to be best comment on this thread!!!

Vid praised this

Myxilplix
  • Myxilplix
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Sat in her cab the other week.

Ok lah mai hiam buay pai, except she don't wear makeup like in the photos obviously. Also she wore long sleeves and big sunglasses when she was driving that day.

Quite a polite and friendly lady, but I felt abit bad when she got out to help me with my luggage. Told her don't need but turns out her cab boot lock is faulty so she has to manually open it with the key.

Mustank, Ktglfc, Wyfitms and Yewheng praised this
A line of paint on a road holds more authority than I ever will.

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:45 AM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

news is news ... must sensationalise the story ma ...

just like every weekend got news on million dollar property agent, investor, tuition teacher ... bla bla bla

Mustank praised this

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:02 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Whats her mobile .... i wan to call cab
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:03 PM

Count-Bracula
  • Premium member
    Count-Bracula
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What's her cab nombor?

Toothiewabbit praised this
Pokemon trainer BraculaTheFang is the name.

Catching Pokemon is my game.

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:33 PM

Elmo
  • Premium member
    Elmo
    5th Gear
    Author Image

There are probably lady cab drivers in more dire situations than her but just not picked by the news because they don't look chio.
F355, Mrmilktooth and Yewheng praised this
PSN ID: Havock3662

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:47 PM

Ahseng
  • Premium member
    Ahseng
    5th Gear
    Author Image

whyy no extra news on the uber cab that made $140 one trip durng the MRT downtime

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:50 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

whyy no extra news on the uber cab that made $140 one trip durng the MRT downtime

that one go MRT breakdown thread and try....

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:56 PM

TVT
  • Premium member
    TVT
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Work 3 days a week and earn $1,500 a month. If work 6 days sure can earn >$3K liao.

Not bad leh.  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:57 PM

Yeshe
  • Premium member
    Yeshe
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Sat in her cab the other week.

Ok lah mai hiam buay pai, except she don't wear makeup like in the photos obviously. Also she wore long sleeves and big sunglasses when she was driving that day.

Quite a polite and friendly lady, but I felt abit bad when she got out to help me with my luggage. Told her don't need but turns out her cab boot lock is faulty so she has to manually open it with the key.

Got get number boh?

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:28 PM

Vega
  • Vega
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

chio leh. hope more of this standard can join the public transport industry.

even mrt breaks down see chio bu staffs also not that angry liao.

Desmond should start pouching mrt staffs from SIA.

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:32 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Work 3 days a week and earn $1,500 a month. If work 6 days sure can earn >$3K liao.

Not bad leh.  

More than that la. Even if you work 1 or 3 days a week, still got fixed cost for taxi rental unless someone is so nice to share the cab with you on those 3 days.

chio leh. hope more of this standard can join the public transport industry.

even mrt breaks down see chio bu staffs also not that angry liao.

Desmond should start pouching mrt staffs from SIA.

I think you guys eyes paste stamp.

If you remove her make-up, I think it will be quite a shock to you.

Adrianli praised this
That is all.

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:52 PM

Ktglfc
  • Premium member
    Ktglfc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Agreed... news that came out from chinese tabloid always focus on looks, sex, etc to make it juicier for the viewers...

Should just focus on her will to succeed, esp in a hard-toiled working environment...

Jamesc and FourZero praised this
Rich: is not about how much you have, but how much you give.

The sky has turned brighter.
There's a glorious rainbow that beckons those with a spirit of adventure and there are rich findings at the end of that rainbow.
Find that rainbow, go ride it.

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:06 PM

Myxilplix
  • Myxilplix
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Got get number boh?

No, I was with a lady friend at the time :ph34r:

A line of paint on a road holds more authority than I ever will.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users