IRoad In-Car Camera Recorder Users

Johny_walker

hi Kia7200

I set my voltage cut off at 12V. During park mode, the cam is always recording, however, it will only save those when it detect motion. some of the heat might be generated due to the wifi usb dongle (you might wanna remove it if not in use).

Hi, i would like to ask if anyone has contact to buy and install the T10 at a low price, the price i getting quoted from the agent is quite high, thank you.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi, i would like to ask if anyone has contact to buy and install the T10 at a low price, the price i getting quoted from the agent is quite high, thank you.

hi

back in jun 2016, Automobile association of Singapore (AAS) was having a promotion on T10, which cost 420$ with installation (where I got mine).

if not wrong, outside selling about $100 more ($540)..

• Praise 2

hi

back in jun 2016, Automobile association of Singapore (AAS) was having a promotion on T10, which cost 420$ with installation (where I got mine).

if not wrong, outside selling about $100 more ($540)..

Thank you.

Any IROAD V9(S1) users here having problems with the cable for their rear camera? I currently have an IRoad V9 which is having intermittent connections. Odd that the problems only started close to my warranty expiry. I heard that there was a new model that was released that was supposed to fix the problems that the old V9 had.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Read that the new version or problem free version uses micro usb connection for the rear camera.

Mine uses that.

Any IROAD V9(S1) users here having problems with the cable for their rear camera? I currently have an IRoad V9 which is having intermittent connections. Odd that the problems only started close to my warranty expiry. I heard that there was a new model that was released that was supposed to fix the problems that the old V9 had.

• Praise 1

looking to install iRoad v9 S2 (2016 ver).

Like to consult the experts here on how it can be wired up.

I'm looking to just have it record while driving. don't need parking mode.

I want 0 car battery drain when engine is off.

I read that you cannot really turn off the "parking mode" of the v9.

(e.g. for as long as the v9 is wired to a constant power it will stay on even if you turn off the engine.)

To achieve this, is it right that i wire BOTH Red line (B+) and Yellow (ACC B+) to a fuse that is hot only when engine is on. As opposed to the traditional red to always on and yellow (acc) to on only when engine is on.

Thanks in advance!

• Praise 1

looking to install iRoad v9 S2 (2016 ver).

Like to consult the experts here on how it can be wired up.

I'm looking to just have it record while driving. don't need parking mode.

I want 0 car battery drain when engine is off.

I read that you cannot really turn off the "parking mode" of the v9.

(e.g. for as long as the v9 is wired to a constant power it will stay on even if you turn off the engine.)

To achieve this, is it right that i wire BOTH Red line (B+) and Yellow (ACC B+) to a fuse that is hot only when engine is on. As opposed to the traditional red to always on and yellow (acc) to on only when engine is on.

Thanks in advance!

You only connect the + (yellow if not wrong) to the fuse. The - red wire( if not wrong) is the return path from the camera does not go to the fuse. FYI, there's a ground cable which goes to any part of the car chassis.

Another simpler method is just to unplug the connector from the camera when u off the engine.

For me, I made it go thru a switch which I switch off whenever I want it off instead of unplugging it.

For v9, u can check with JDM at autobay. They are the authorized dealer of iroad so higher probability that they have version 2.

Not associated to them but I know a lot of MAZDA owners go there to install v9. I used to patronize them last time when I had a MAZDA too.

• Praise 1

hi Kia7200

I set my voltage cut off at 12V. During park mode, the cam is always recording, however, it will only save those when it detect motion. some of the heat might be generated due to the wifi usb dongle (you might wanna remove it if not in use).

Sorry for the late reply.

I removed the WiFi usb doogle, and ya its not so warm. Thanks for ur advice

• Praise 2

You only connect the + (yellow if not wrong) to the fuse. The - red wire( if not wrong) is the return path from the camera does not go to the fuse. FYI, there's a ground cable which goes to any part of the car chassis.

Another simpler method is just to unplug the connector from the camera when u off the engine.

For me, I made it go thru a switch which I switch off whenever I want it off instead of unplugging it.

For v9, u can check with JDM at autobay. They are the authorized dealer of iroad so higher probability that they have version 2.

Not associated to them but I know a lot of MAZDA owners go there to install v9. I used to patronize them last time when I had a MAZDA too.

plug in/out the connector cannot la. jin marfan.

well a switch is a good idea.but gotta rem to switch on and off. 

i guess for me use it is to simpler to wire the (+) to a fuse which has current only when engine is on (can be wiper, headunit etc)

im looking at using a installer from carousel.

$388 all in for iroad v9 s2.

seems reasonable.

• Praise 1

Hi there, iRoad V9 user here for about 3months. Just to seek advice if anyone has the similar experience.

Intermittent issues - the front camera display is completely green and just yesterday, noticed that the front camera captured its last screen (which is at parking mode). Recording continued as the rear camera is perfectly ok. I can watch from playback that the front camera shows the last display while the rear camera is active.

I wonder if it has to do with the lens. Does anyone here has the similar experience?

Thanks to share.

• Praise 1

Hi there, iRoad V9 user here for about 3months. Just to seek advice if anyone has the similar experience.

Intermittent issues - the front camera display is completely green and just yesterday, noticed that the front camera captured its last screen (which is at parking mode). Recording continued as the rear camera is perfectly ok. I can watch from playback that the front camera shows the last display while the rear camera is active.

I wonder if it has to do with the lens. Does anyone here has the similar experience?

Thanks to share.

hi there

mine was a T10 and my front cam capture green colour video during my second week of use (was told due to sun light - as nite time, is ok) went back to installer to change immediately and got it replaced and since then no further issue (coming to 3 months liao).

• Praise 1

Tried your method and i can see ore video files liao. Pity iPhone users can't download the files via Wifi. [smallcry]

Pause the video the save button will be lighted then u can save in camera roll:)
  • Praise 1

Hi guys, just started using the v7, thinking to upgrade the memory card not too sure which one to buy, any good suggestions:) Thanks

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Hi guys, just started using the v7, thinking to upgrade the memory card not too sure which one to buy, any good suggestions:) Thanks

any regular card will suffice. no need to get too high end.

mine is the normal samsung memory card 32 GB

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Wow cool. Thanks for the info.

Pause the video the save button will be lighted then u can save in camera roll:)

any regular card will suffice. no need to get too high end.

mine is the normal samsung memory card 32 GB

Thanks for quick reply:))