IRoad In-Car Camera Recorder Users

Johny_walker

I think Iroad V9 has a feature where you can set the voltage level to cut off the recording if the battery drops to the setting level.

My brand new car just install brand new V9 2 chn and when left in park mode only lasted me 24hrs of recording.....

Any suggestion on extending the V9 power...if left in Malaysia hotel carpark best to be able to last at least 2 days.

↡ Advertisement

I just installed iroad v9. When left on in parking mode, does it drain the car battery?

I just installed iroad v9. When left on in parking mode, does it drain the car battery?

Just called convit...their suggested time for V9 after engine off is only last 9hrs...

Btw they are selling separate power bank at $300 and $400 for extra 30hrs and 70hrs

Anyone tried their powerbank yet?

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I'm a new Iroad V9 user. Would like to ask if I want the save the battery usage when the car is parked, should the Parking Mode setting be turn on or turn off?

Manual only stated when Parking Mode is switch on, it will record with 10 frames when the car is parked (no movement). But it didn't say whether if Parking Mode is switch off, there will no recording (unless there is an impact - I switch on the impact event setting).

What I really want is no recording when the car is parked unless there is an impact. Any advise? Thanks.

Hi, I'm a new Iroad V9 user. Would like to ask if I want the save the battery usage when the car is parked, should the Parking Mode setting be turn on or turn off?

Manual only stated when Parking Mode is switch on, it will record with 10 frames when the car is parked (no movement). But it didn't say whether if Parking Mode is switch off, there will no recording (unless there is an impact - I switch on the impact event setting).

What I really want is no recording when the car is parked unless there is an impact. Any advise? Thanks.

hi Aacor

to what I know, park mode need to be on even if you just wanna record after impact. As recording will be always there, however, it will only save those that happen upon impact. if no impact (or motion if you set it)...nothing will be save (thus you can't see anything). so if you want record upon impact, you have to on it. By switching it off, it will be totally off (normally when you go for holiday).

hope above is useful.

Neutral Newbie

hi Aacor

to what I know, park mode need to be on even if you just wanna record after impact. As recording will be always there, however, it will only save those that happen upon impact. if no impact (or motion if you set it)...nothing will be save (thus you can't see anything). so if you want record upon impact, you have to on it. By switching it off, it will be totally off (normally when you go for holiday).

hope above is useful.

Thanks gorilla_chow. Corvitsg has also responded back to me: Irregardless any of the function is switch on/off it will still be recording if it is tapped on to your car battery directly. Meaning to say, if parking mode is switch off, the camera will still be recording but in normal mode (same as when you're driving) instead of parking mode. Doing that will take up more memory space on your SD card. It is recommended to on all 3 settings, Impact, parking and motion. When motion is on, it means the device is on standby and only records when there is movement. When motion mode is off, device is constantly recording even without motion. Hope this clarifies your questions.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks gorilla_chow. Corvitsg has also responded back to me: Irregardless any of the function is switch on/off it will still be recording if it is tapped on to your car battery directly. Meaning to say, if parking mode is switch off, the camera will still be recording but in normal mode (same as when you're driving) instead of parking mode. Doing that will take up more memory space on your SD card. It is recommended to on all 3 settings, Impact, parking and motion. When motion is on, it means the device is on standby and only records when there is movement. When motion mode is off, device is constantly recording even without motion. Hope this clarifies your questions.

Thanks for the update. Especially on the motion on/off part.

Neutral Newbie

Has anyone experience this on iroad v9.. if the ADAS is enable, it sometime record only impact and will not revert back to normal recording for sometime,

I have an iroad t10 and my 64gb sandisk card was working until this morning. It keeps saying memory card is corrupted. I've tried to format in the car and on the computer but it keeps saying the same thing. I've tried the card that came with it and same message. I turned it off for awhile and the original card was working but when I put the sandisk back, same error message. anyone else have this issue?

Hope this can help. I'm on t10 too. Think the cam is quite finicky about the formatting of the sd card.

Had the same prob when I popped in a 64Gb SanDisk card (previously used on another cam with no problem). The camera tried to format it and it ended up with a corrupted card. Used both the Pc viewer and car cam to format with no luck.

So I tried the following.. I did a low level format using the software from the link below.

http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-LLF-Low-Level-Format-Tool/

After formatting, popped the card in and the camera accepted it. :)

Hope it's useful!

Anyone has experience with the GPS module. Had it installed for a few days now. Doesn't seem to be picking up GPS signal. Used the Pc viewer, cant seem to display the location info..

Any help/pointer is appreciated. :D

I'm on iroad t10 with GPS add-on.

Edited by Cboonh

Anyone install care cell - external battery to support car cam...please review

Hi Bro,

Which Iroad model you used ?

am using A9, everytime I connect my Note 4 to Cam, it keep prompt me to download update but I didn't....

V7 bro, best to update to kick away some bugs

Just installed V7 a few days ago.

Got a flat battery after using it for 2 days. However, my car batt is 1.5 year old. (Maybe time to replace)

Anyone knows if the blue front and rear cam led suppose to blink or totally off in parking mode?

Mine is not blinking while parking and blinking while driving.

It is supposed to be blinking, please update your firmware asap. Switch on parking, motion and impact.

I have an iroad t10 and my 64gb sandisk card was working until this morning. It keeps saying memory card is corrupted. I've tried to format in the car and on the computer but it keeps saying the same thing. I've tried the card that came with it and same message. I turned it off for awhile and the original card was working but when I put the sandisk back, same error message. anyone else have this issue?

Try using local brand which is awesome to my car cam.

http://www.strontium.biz/

Class 10 64gb

My brand new car just install brand new V9 2 chn and when left in park mode only lasted me 24hrs of recording.....

Any suggestion on extending the V9 power...if left in Malaysia hotel carpark best to be able to last at least 2 days.

Installation of external battery should be able to help. Getting review on carecell.

iRoad User too.

previously a V7 user, now a V9.

V7 is a very good cam but upgrade to the V9 becos of FHD.

No regrets.

How do I tell whether the iRoad I am having is a V7 or a V9? Don't seem to be able to find the information.

I have been using V9 for 3 weeks. No experience with V7. Prior to buying V9, I wrote in through their website asking about V7 motion detect problem and whether V9 will have the same problem. The friendly Korean customer support replied as follows:

"V7 and T8 have sensitive detection sensors in there, which detect even small motions and light. We usually recommend customers to adjust the setting of sensitivity low and most of cases have been fine. V9 is the latest model which was considered some advises from consumers. So, It will be fine for V9 on this matter. "

So, please try changing the sensitivity setting to low if you are V7 users. I also read a lot forum users said a fix will be released bla bla bla .. not sure if there will ever be if it is a hardware design fault or if they want to promote newer model.

V9 confirmed don't have the problem. 

How do I change the sensitivity setting?

Got a deal for V9S2 with installation at $380. Good price?

got contact for freelancer to install at $330, without installation $290

How do I tell whether the iRoad I am having is a V7 or a V9? Don't seem to be able to find the information.

download the app and connect using phone when in car

V7 and v9 design are significantly different. V9 has that"leather" texture infront and operates in white light. V7 has that smooth gloss look and operates in blue light. Anyway v7/v9 text should be stated on your front dash cam isn't it?

V7 and v9 design are significantly different. V9 has that"leather" texture infront and operates in white light. V7 has that smooth gloss look and operates in blue light. Anyway v7/v9 text should be stated on your front dash cam isn't it?

Thanks!

I found out mine is the cheap AEV model.

Hope this can help. I'm on t10 too. Think the cam is quite finicky about the formatting of the sd card.

Had the same prob when I popped in a 64Gb SanDisk card (previously used on another cam with no problem). The camera tried to format it and it ended up with a corrupted card. Used both the Pc viewer and car cam to format with no luck.

So I tried the following.. I did a low level format using the software from the link below.

http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-LLF-Low-Level-Format-Tool/

After formatting, popped the card in and the camera accepted it. :)

Hope it's useful!

Anyone has experience with the GPS module. Had it installed for a few days now. Doesn't seem to be picking up GPS signal. Used the Pc viewer, cant seem to display the location info..

Any help/pointer is appreciated. :D

I'm on iroad t10 with GPS add-on.

I am using the V9 with GPS too. My experience is that the GPS module is slow to pick up signal. Everytime I had to drive for a while before i hear the 'GPS connected' message from the front cam. Sometimes, it does not even pick up a GPS signal at all during the drive. I enquired with Corvit before and was informed to install the GPS module at a lower location at the corner of the windscreen. Another reason could be due to the solar film on the windscreen might cause the signal to be poor.

• Praise 1

Iroad V9 can support up to 64GB memory card. Just buy a decent sandisk class 10 memory card will do. My memory card have been running for more than half a year and doing fine (: there's PC show now so you can purchase it over there

Any idea how high the memory card can go for the AEV model?

↡ Advertisement