IRoad In-Car Camera Recorder Users

Johny_walker

Hello, may I ask if he provide carecell or cellink installation? Tink I wanna do standalone battery for my V9.

Contact sky, he will help you. Door to door installation, reasonable price and awesome installation work as well. 86821003, he also can do it on weekends with a year warranty

Hi all, I used wifi to check the recordings on myu 16GB SD card and realised it is only about 45 minutes worth of recording.

The website stated that V9s2 on 16gb should be able to record 3hrs of vid on 1080p 30fps. 

will there be more recordings if i plug the SD into my PC, and the iphone app only shows the latest few recordings only? 

Bro, need help.

i am trying to update the firmware for my V9. I downloaded the firmware to my SD card via the viewer. When i put the SD card back, I didn't hear any voice guidance on installation. The next thing is heard is recording in progress. I check firmware on the app, it is now 2.0.2.0.

is this the latest version?

Please advise

Thanks 

It should say updating firmware or something. I'm not sure about the version. But one good way to check is your LED light color. If it is 'white' is S2 and should be latest version. 'Blue' LED is older version.

Hello Guys, may I ask those that has install with iRoad V9s2, inside the settings, does the Model Name indicates V9 or V9s2?

Hello, may I ask if he provide carecell or cellink installation? Tink I wanna do standalone battery for my V9.

Yes, call him for best price..

It should say updating firmware or something. I'm not sure about the version. But one good way to check is your LED light color. If it is 'white' is S2 and should be latest version. 'Blue' LED is older version.

Will this be the same even I am not using S2? I am using the old v9

Will this be the same even I am not using S2? I am using the old v9

This I'm not sure. I rem someone said is the same hardware. S1 and S2 only difference is firmware.

Yes. I'm sure it can also be done on a Mac. Just have to find the disk utility or something and set the option to exFAT format. I don't own a Mac and in fact never use it b4 so I can't be sure. Lol

You can also try using the Dedicated PC Viewer software to format the SD card. (i.e. Under Setup, under Removable Disk tab using the 'Format Disk' button.

I'm not sure if it can be done on the iRoad itself. Worth a try. I only know it works on a BlackView.

Cheers!

Oh den I'm out of ideas lol. Yep trying another brand and see if it works. Sometimes really heng suay one.

Cheers!

Sigh...

Today i tried to connect a samsung s7 edge to the v9. When i first installed the cam, i was using a Note 5 and it connected easily.

When trying the S7 edge, tried numerous times, also cannot. Called the installer, who asked me to go over and they help, also struggled for a long time. Uninstalled the iroad app, re-installed, and still cannot. Then he asked me whether got any anti-virus app installed or not... and he tried his own no-brand china android, and it connected without problem...

I had avg and avg clean on my phone, and uninstalled them. Then tried again, and it connected immediately!

wasted so much time and trouble, and it's all becos of those dunno what stupid apps conflicting with the iRoad... dunno whose fault...

Anyone who wants to install this, should take note.

BTW, also asked the installer to help me to change the original iRoad 16gb card to a samsung evo plus 64gb which i bought yesterday.... And it failed!

He went to format the card on a PC on FAT32, and it still doesn't work - took forever to blink blink blink... and doesn't have the words of 'start recording', unlike the iRoad card...  [bigcry]

Wasted my $$. 

The installer said they got sell the iRoad original one, and 64gb costs $95. Said it's almost cost price and they do it as a service only... Also said that there are some other cards that can work initially, but because cannot withstand heat, so can stop after a few days...   [sweatdrop]

Can the other bros here who used other cards, kindly advise what cards will work consistently without problem?

tks...

Edited by Atrecord
  • Praise 1

Sigh...

Today i tried to connect a samsung s7 edge to the v9. When i first installed the cam, i was using a Note 5 and it connected easily.

When trying the S7 edge, tried numerous times, also cannot. Called the installer, who asked me to go over and they help, also struggled for a long time. Uninstalled the iroad app, re-installed, and still cannot. Then he asked me whether got any anti-virus app installed or not... and he tried his own no-brand china android, and it connected without problem...

I had avg and avg clean on my phone, and uninstalled them. Then tried again, and it connected immediately!

wasted so much time and trouble, and it's all becos of those dunno what stupid apps conflicting with the iRoad... dunno whose fault...

Anyone who wants to install this, should take note.

BTW, also asked the installer to help me to change the original iRoad 16gb card to a samsung evo plus 64gb which i bought yesterday.... And it failed!

He went to format the card on a PC on FAT32, and it still doesn't work - took forever to blink blink blink... and doesn't have the words of 'start recording', unlike the iRoad card... [bigcry]

Wasted my $$.

The installer said they got sell the iRoad original one, and 64gb costs $95. Said it's almost cost price and they do it as a service only... Also said that there are some other cards that can work initially, but because cannot withstand heat, so can stop after a few days... [sweatdrop]

Can the other bros here who used other cards, kindly advise what cards will work consistently without problem?

tks...

Is your iroad the V9 S2? Mine is the old V9 and I'm using Sandisk 64gb memory card for about 1.5years under hot sun everyday already. Till now it's working fine. I didn't even reformat once. Personally I think iRoad memory card is just for them to earn money. it's way overpriced.

Is your iroad the V9 S2? Mine is the old V9 and I'm using Sandisk 64gb memory card for about 1.5years under hot sun everyday already. Till now it's working fine. I didn't even reformat once. Personally I think iRoad memory card is just for them to earn money. it's way overpriced.

All products including iroad sd cards shops sell to customers are marked up. They need profits to survive. I really dun think they will sell slightly above cost price

yes, it's S2. But dunno what's the difference.

which grade of sandisk card have you been using?

I tried a samsung evo, couldn't work (although some bro here said they managed to get it to work).

And so i bought samsung evo plus. and still didn't work  [bigcry]

I'm sure it's overpriced too. Just like all those printers that sell for less than $200 with all sorts of functionalities which make them look like a steal... until you have to buy toners that cost a bomb, and they will some more ownself disappear whether you print or not, forcing you to pay them more bombs along the way  [mad]

how can we overcome or avoid this??

• Praise 1

All products including iroad sd cards shops sell to customers are marked up. They need profits to survive. I really dun think they will sell slightly above cost price

iRoad confirmed marked up many many. corvit confirmed marked up many. Then my installer should have marked up bit too lah, but to be fair, they didn't try to push it at all.

so i'm still falling back on my original 16 gb card now, and am stuck with the 64gb evo plus. bought 2 some more. wonder whether can bring back challenger ask them to let me change to another one...

↡ Advertisement