IRoad In-Car Camera Recorder Users

Johny_walker

Neutral Newbie

Hi, seeing those comments about foggy len for Iroad V9S2. I bought mine in Dec 2016. Below is a pic I took recently. Image seem clear to me except that the lights are emitting halos. Do this consider fine or len problem? Thanks.

nice number!

↡ Advertisement

Hi guys, I want to install iroad V9 for my A3 1.8 TFSI. Any workshop in the west to recommend? Preferably open until 7 to 8pm.

Care to share good prices for workshops to install iroad v9S2?

Workshop contact? Hope decent skills for conti car installation.

Thanks in advance.

Care to share good prices for workshops to install iroad v9S2?

Workshop contact? Hope decent skills for conti car installation.

Thanks in advance.

Just did mine at Nam Huat Car Audio. They are one of the authorised dealer of iroad.

Mine is an S2. Foggy lens after only 3 mth (installed in Jan.)

My workplace carpark is open air so I suspect it's the hot sun.
Thankfully got 1-1 exchange without question at SGGarage.

If it happens again, I will get rid of mine too  [mad] My old car Xiaoyi although no parking and rear cam, under hot sun for 1 year, less than 1/3 the price, and still crystal clear (not to mention image quality was better than V9S2 to begin with) 

anyone have any idea on what is the difference between v9s1 vs v9s2?

i changed thrice for my first set of s1..screwed lens and all barely lasted a month per try. awesome shop no frills did the exchange for me. we both understood it is all corvit's batch problem and dealt in a gentlemanly manner.

he offered to switch my set with an s2 version for my coming appointment. if the s2 is also screwed, im thinking of asking for a fresh set to be exchanged and sell it off to try another brand.

im just wondering why people are choosing iroad over thinkware. any comments?

iRoad is popular because it is cost effective.

iRoad V9S2 is in the $3xx range while Thinkware F770 is in the $6xx range.. Specs for both products looks comparable though I find F770 recording is somewhat clearer but certainly not worth the $2xx difference in my opinion.

• Praise 1

Mine is an S2. Foggy lens after only 3 mth (installed in Jan.)

My workplace carpark is open air so I suspect it's the hot sun.

Thankfully got 1-1 exchange without question at SGGarage.

If it happens again, I will get rid of mine too [mad] My old car Xiaoyi although no parking and rear cam, under hot sun for 1 year, less than 1/3 the price, and still crystal clear (not to mention image quality was better than V9S2 to begin with)

Go to Corvit office to change of it happens. Not sure if retailer still holding to the older batch but Corvit told me the one they change is the later batch after the complains about foggy lens

I just updated my IROAD firmware. Very much stable and iroad is performing better than before. Should try it now. Update the apps at home then go to car to access the iroad to update again on device. Very promising!!!

Go to event to select the video that you wanted to view. While viewing, you can choose to save in your phone.

You should leave the impact on and select 60% of storage. Another 40% will go to normal recording. If you set zero in event, no recording on impact or parking in your storage.

any one can explain this percentage of storage option?

any one can explain this percentage of storage option?

There are 2 kinds of folder for IROAD. 1 is the event folder and 1 is the normal folder. If the percentage is set all 100% to normal folder, it means that all kinds of video including normal, parking, motion and impact will be saved in that 1 particular folder. The videos will be overwritten base on timing and memory space.

If you were to set any percentage e.g 30% for event folder, all event recordings (impact, parking & motion) will be saved into the event folders and the event folders recording will only be overwritten by event recordings, it will not be overwritten by normal recordings. Once the 30% of the memory card is used up, it will then overwrite. 

Same for normal recording, the videos in normal folder will only be overwritten by normal recordings.

Hope this helps!

Neutral Newbie

Anyone interested in getting iRoad v9S2.

Dekit from car as returning car to Uber..

Selling cheap... Contact me if keen..

Thanks!

PM you. :)

Supercharged

Just want to ask, is it that must have an incident then the video will be recorded as a file when I view with my hp? That day got a private bus come out from bus stop recklessly without signaling and it was raining heavily. Luckily I siam to the right if not the bus will hit me. When I reached my carpark, I tried to find the video but I cannot find it. Please advise me. Thank you.

Neutral Newbie

hi there, what is the latest firmware update for V9S2? I try to look for the latest firmware at corvit website but not available. Thanks

Neutral Newbie

It seem corvits and iroad are not responding on support request. I have emailed them about my concerned, which i encountered on my iroadv9. the front is not sharp compare to the rear camera..

Front Camera

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B805nCKHQoxaV0RuZFhfZGNLazg/view?usp=drive_web

Rear Camera

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B805nCKHQoxaWFNObUFrX3d1enc/view?usp=drive_web

Edited by jam78

Is mine consider foggy lens? [crazy]

FRONT

Screenshot_2017-04-14-21-18-39.png

FRONT

Screenshot_2017-04-14-21-18-59.png

REAR

Screenshot_2017-04-14-21-19-50.png

The front cam looks not that bad yet. But rear camera looks worst. Got try cleaning Ur windscreen / camera lens see if got difference?
↡ Advertisement