IRoad In-Car Camera Recorder Users

Johny_walker

If you intend to remove the battery pack to charge at home, you defeat the purpose of installing the battery pack in the first place.

What's the purpose of your car camera in the first place? Do you need to have more than 24 hours of parking mode in the first place (to record when there is motion when you car is park)?

If your answer is to record while driving and don't need parking modem, then you don't need to install the battery pack.

Also, the point of not recommended to take out the battery pack is valid as the battery pack is install in such that the battery will be charge when you drive, if you didn't connect back the terminal properly, high chance that the terminal may get short circuit and cause a fire.

As mentioned, I do not drive daily and at times, the car may be stationary for 1 week. Even with the biggest battery from iroad, that would be 3 days worth of recording.

Yes, I do want parking motion recording.

If they do not recommend to charge at home, why include the dc in socket?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Need some help here.

I just installed the Iroad T10 a few days ago.

I noticed that when the video files were saved to my mobile phone using the Wifi function, the video on the small screen of the mobile phone seems decent (maybe due to small screen),

However, when I copied the original JDR format files from the Microsd card into my computer PC and using their Iroad PC Viewer, the video quality is very bad and blurry. I can't even see the car plate number of cars clearly. 

I also tried to copy the files saved into my phone first and then copied to the PC, same, the video quality is bad.

Anyone experience this?

Thanks

Neutral Newbie

The iroad v9 got in car sound recording? I saw the function of a speaker and sound button but not sure what it does.

Any experienced v9 users can comment? I would like to be able to record the incar sound cos i'm driving uber part time.

Thanks

Hi,

Where is the best place to buy and go for installation?

Need for 24hrs parking mode survellience.

Was quoted 405 for iroad v9s2 with installation

Guys, does anyone have any issues with the V9 draining the car battery? Planning to get a 2 ch car cam n the most important criteria is that the parking mode will cut off before the car batt is drained.

The iroad v9 got in car sound recording? I saw the function of a speaker and sound button but not sure what it does.

Any experienced v9 users can comment? I would like to be able to record the incar sound cos i'm driving uber part time.

Thanks

By default, the recording is on. It's only when u don't want to record sound then u switch it off by tapping the mic/speaker button then u will see a / on it.

Guys, does anyone have any issues with the V9 draining the car battery? Planning to get a 2 ch car cam n the most important criteria is that the parking mode will cut off before the car batt is drained.

Just set the turn off voltage to 12.3v and u should be fine. But the down side is u may not get 24 hours recording depending on the condition of the battery.

Else u will have to get the corvit power pack from the (authorized) installer when u get the camera.

Just set the turn off voltage to 12.3v and u should be fine. But the down side is u may not get 24 hours recording depending on the condition of the battery.

Else u will have to get the corvit power pack from the (authorized) installer when u get the camera.

Ah I see... wats the regular voltage of a stock battery and wats the min voltage to start the car without any issues?

8 hrs recording is sufficient for me..

Where to get it

Try Carousell. V9 S2 going for $360 with installation at your place. Quite a nice and professional guy. Just got mine done by him over the weekend. All good. 

Any V9 users here? Or maybe V7 or any other iRoad models. During parking mode, is your blue LED for the rear cam on? Need to double check, cause my neighbour's car isn't and mine is. Both running same set.

Neutral Newbie

Try Carousell. V9 S2 going for $360 with installation at your place. Quite a nice and professional guy. Just got mine done by him over the weekend. All good. 

Any V9 users here? Or maybe V7 or any other iRoad models. During parking mode, is your blue LED for the rear cam on? Need to double check, cause my neighbour's car isn't and mine is. Both running same set.

The rear camera LED should be on when the front device is on. Unless the rear cable is not connected with the rear camera, that will not be any LED on. Or if that the front camera is not on, same for rear it wouldn't be on as well. 

Rear blue light always on unless u pull out either of the 2 cables connected to the front camera. Can always do the universal troubleshooting method by removing then reconnecting the connectors on both ends.
  • Praise 1

Is parking mode enable on your neighbour car? When you compare both cars engine on or off?

The rear camera LED should be on when the front device is on. Unless the rear cable is not connected with the rear camera, that will not be any LED on. Or if that the front camera is not on, same for rear it wouldn't be on as well. 

Makes sense. Because the manual didn't really cover anything about the led part. Understand that during normal driving, both front and red led would be on. Just curious about the parking mode. 

Rear blue light always on unless u pull out either of the 2 cables connected to the front camera. Can always do the universal troubleshooting method by removing then reconnecting the connectors on both ends.

Always on, during parking mode as well? Alright cool, thanks for clearing my doubt.

Is parking mode enable on your neighbour car? When you compare both cars engine on or off?

Just being kaypoh cause happen to see the same model installed. When both cars are parked, engine off, locked, I noticed that his car the rear blue led is not on. BUT. The front white led is on, same as mine. So abit confused and curious at the same time. 

Makes sense. Because the manual didn't really cover anything about the led part. Understand that during normal driving, both front and red led would be on. Just curious about the parking mode. 

Always on, during parking mode as well? Alright cool, thanks for clearing my doubt.

Just being kaypoh cause happen to see the same model installed. When both cars are parked, engine off, locked, I noticed that his car the rear blue led is not on. BUT. The front white led is on, same as mine. So abit confused and curious at the same time. 

most likely his rear camera is spoilt / not working. Mine rear camera seen like spoilt as the video is not clear at all after 1.3 years of using. Going to the Corvit to get it check soon.

Just an update. Checked with my installer, and some others, confirmed that the rear led is supposed to be on. Thanks for the replies guys. 

Does any of your cams restart halfway while driving? 

↡ Advertisement