IRoad In-Car Camera Recorder Users

Johny_walker

Hi all. I’ve been using the v9s2 for about 6 months now. Today I checked night playback, and the video quality quite shocking. Wondering if it’s my camera issue, because I’ve read previously that some owners has similar issue, local distributor recognise the defect and honoured the exchange.

Looks like the lens are dirty.  Try wiping it clean .  My worry is... condensation/fumes/ionizer has build up a film on the inside of the lens which you cannot wipe from outside.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The car is just 6 mths old now, the issue with the v9 is its motion detection is too sensitive and it keep on recording even thou I have set the sensitivity to the lowest.  [:|]

There's an option for setting the length of event after it was triggered.  I can't recall what it's called, but I changed mine to its minimum of 2 seconds from the default 20sec.  That might help a little?

I sometimes think I should re-wire it such that I can switch off Parking Mode manually with a switch, and only record when I parked in a high traffic area.

I'm using a v7....can't disable e parking mode using app.

end up went bck to e shop and hav them reconnect e wiring to start recording oni when i start engine and it will turn off when i off engine...needless to say, no parking mode..

Thanks. I knew there would be some wiring configuration that would allow that.

Go to iroad apps under setting and choose camera off at 12.3V. I have been using V7 under this setting for 1.5 yrs, battery is still ok.

That's interesting. I'll look for this setting under the app.

Just for my less informed mind when it comes to electronics, is 12.3V a higher voltage so as to preserve battery?

And on the subject of settings, are there any recommended settings I should adopt?

Go back to Soon Lee and tell them to wire the Red power supply cable to an "ACC" point in your car. This way power supply to the car cam is switched off the moment you switch off the engine.

It's a simple 2 minutes job.

Thanks. Will look into this permanent solution after trying out other settings.

Thanks. I knew there would be some wiring configuration that would allow that.

That's right.  It's back to when Parking Mode for car cam hasn't been invented; recording goes off with the engine.

There's an option for setting the length of event after it was triggered.  I can't recall what it's called, but I changed mine to its minimum of 2 seconds from the default 20sec.  That might help a little?

I sometimes think I should re-wire it such that I can switch off Parking Mode manually with a switch, and only record when I parked in a high traffic area.

I'm using V9 and get a WS to re-wire a switch whereby I can switch off the cam instead of having it in parking mode after I park. The WS charge me SGD20 for re-wire plus the switch.

Just for my less informed mind when it comes to electronics, is 12.3V a higher voltage so as to preserve battery?

The ideal voltage of a new car battery is 12.6V when the engine is off.

12.3V is a good safe bet.  It doesn't take too long for the car to re-charge the battery up to 12.6V when you start driving.

If you don't drive much, it'll be difficult to re-charge from 11.something back up to 12.6V, especially now that most cars have DRL.

I suspect most of us leave it at 12.3V.

Seriously... throughout your driving life, when was the last time you needed surveillance footages of your parked car?  Having a clearly visible car cam should be enough to scare off prankster, and neighbouring cars' recording may help you when an accident happen.  So play it safe and set at 12.3V to make sure you will always be able to start your car in the morning.

I'm using V9 and get a WS to re-wire a switch whereby I can switch off the cam instead of having it in parking mode after I park. The WS charge me SGD20 for re-wire plus the switch.

Thank you. 

I will look into it how to make sure it will record (while driving and in Parking Mode) when I forgot to turn it back on.  lol . Probably have to creatively use some Bosch Relays, tying power supply to the DRL.

The ideal voltage of a new car battery is 12.6V when the engine is off.

12.3V is a good safe bet. It doesn't take too long for the car to re-charge the battery up to 12.6V when you start driving.

If you don't drive much, it'll be difficult to re-charge from 11.something back up to 12.6V, especially now that most cars have DRL.

I suspect most of us leave it at 12.3V.

Seriously... throughout your driving life, when was the last time you needed surveillance footages of your parked car? Having a clearly visible car cam should be enough to scare off prankster, and neighbouring cars' recording may help you when an accident happen. So play it safe and set at 12.3V to make sure you will always be able to start your car in the morning.

Many thanks for educating me on this. I have set the Sleep Voltage to 12.3V and will monitor how things go.

Record 2 sec after triggered where for enough?

Dun need to re-wire, I think this may work.

post-163884-0-90345300-1449497191.jpg

Hi all. I’ve been using the v9s2 for about 6 months now. Today I checked night playback, and the video quality quite shocking. Wondering if it’s my camera issue, because I’ve read previously that some owners has similar issue, local distributor recognise the defect and honoured the exchange.

My v9s2 also had this problem just got it replaced.

*** Please remember to ask how long it takes to replace, I thot it was 1 to 1 exchange end up I got to wait for 3 working days for the replacement! ***

Edited by Titanium

Iroad v7.

what is the best range to set for on/off voltage?

Currently just set to 11.5 (OFF) AND 12.4 (ON). CAN I GO ANY LOWER? I just changed battery less two months back.

Record 2 sec after triggered where for enough?

Dun need to re-wire, I think this may work.

http://www.mycarforum.com/uploads/monthly_12_2015/post-163884-0-90345300-1449497191.jpg

I find 2 seconds sufficient. 

By default it's set to 20 seconds, but I find the footages showing still video of after-event, and taking up sdcard space. 

The 2 seconds count-down starts after no motion is detected anymore.  It does not mean it only capture a fixed 2 seconds video when motion is detected.  Let's say a frail old man spent one minute to walk across the front of my car.  The entire captured footage will be 1 minutes plus 2 seconds long.  The last 2 seconds he's not in the view anymore, and it's quite pointless to go on for another 18 seconds.  More so when a typical pedestrians can complete the same walk across in under 3 seconds, while cars zoom by under 1 second.  

I hope you understand what I mean.

As for the cable, I'd rather not use it because there's a high chance I forget to turn it back on.  :-D . Power is linked to ACC is worry-free.

Iroad v7.

what is the best range to set for on/off voltage?

Currently just set to 11.5 (OFF) AND 12.4 (ON). CAN I GO ANY LOWER? I just changed battery less two months back.

Mine goes off at 12.3V, and comes at 12.4V.

If my car does not have the stop-start system, I would set to turn it on at 13.something.  That's because in this and other related threads, many comments were left saying the sdcard can be easily damaged during starting up of our cars, when voltage can varies greatly and unstable.  However, 13.something is only possible after the engine has started running and electric power is supplied by the alternator.

For stop-start equipped car, setting it below high 12v means your car cam is likely to turn itself off at traffic light when the alternator stop working.  :-(

Mine goes off at 12.3V, and comes at 12.4V.

If my car does not have the stop-start system, I would set to turn it on at 13.something. That's because in this and other related threads, many comments were left saying the sdcard can be easily damaged during starting up of our cars, when voltage can varies greatly and unstable. However, 13.something is only possible after the engine has started running and electric power is supplied by the alternator.

For stop-start equipped car, setting it below high 12v means your car cam is likely to turn itself off at traffic light when the alternator stop working. :-(

Thanks. Prior today my setting was 13.1 and 12.4. Lately I felt that the remote key open getting less and less sensivitive. Ttruth batt flared this evening. After jump start now I set to 12.4 and 11.5. By the way my battery was less than two months old.

Ok enough is enough. Yesterday couldn't even open the door. Luckily able to start the car. Immediately plug out the power cable to my V7. This morning so far so good.

My battery brand new!around two months. Now searching for one that can power on / off during parking.

Earlier when I boarded my car, I heard the message about the V9S2 shut down to protect the battery. 

My car is 1 month and 1 week old and seem like that battery is already much depleted. 

My V9S2 is set to 12.3V and on default with the parking mode on. When I checked my last recorded video, the battery read at 12.4V. 

Earlier when I boarded my car, I heard the message about the V9S2 shut down to protect the battery. 

My car is 1 month and 1 week old and seem like that battery is already much depleted. 

My V9S2 is set to 12.3V and on default with the parking mode on. When I checked my last recorded video, the battery read at 12.4V. 

I think there's nothing wrong.

The voice message is normal, I hear it when I parked my car for long.  It tells me the car cam is working as intended, ie, shut it down when voltage dropped to as set.

Perhaps we assumed 12.3V means 12.30V, when it could be anything below 12.4, like, 12.39V?

If you are bothered, maybe you can set it to the next lower level, and check the recorded voltage again.

... Now searching for one that can power on / off during parking.

Do you mean one that doesn't have Parking Mode?

If so, go back to your installer and tell them to re-wire the power supply to turn on and off together with your ignition.  It's a very simple job.

Thanks. Prior today my setting was 13.1 and 12.4. Lately I felt that the remote key open getting less and less sensivitive. Ttruth batt flared this evening. After jump start now I set to 12.4 and 11.5. By the way my battery was less than two months old.

How old is the battery of your remote?  :-D . Try changing it too.

Depleting way toooo fast, even if it was the car cam fault.  Go back to the agent to check the battery.  Some new car's warranty include free battery replacement, ya know?  It could also be the car's alternator isn't charging properly.

Edited by Bluemint

Ok enough is enough. Yesterday couldn't even open the door. Luckily able to start the car. Immediately plug out the power cable to my V7. This morning so far so good.

My battery brand new!around two months. Now searching for one that can power on / off during parking.

My current setup is the camera wiring is connected to a switch.
↡ Advertisement