IRoad In-Car Camera Recorder Users

Johny_walker

Anyone knows the difference between iroad Q7 and Q9?

Both dashcam looks identical to me.

Both specs for Q7 and Q9 are similar except for the rear cam of Q7 is only HD whereas Q9 is FHD. The price difference is about S$60. I got the Q7 which is good enough for me...

↡ Advertisement

I got a suggestion, get a spare high res handphone, download a good dashcam app and use that for overnight and daytime recording. After each trip in the day with no incident, just delete each video to save space. No wiring n no hassle. Sell the car can still continue using the spare phone as spare phone. Think many people switching to using phone for dashcam.

What a Creative method!! Are you using this method too??

Both specs for Q7 and Q9 are similar except for the rear cam of Q7 is only HD whereas Q9 is FHD. The price difference is about S$60. I got the Q7 which is good enough for me...

Thanks Sheraytom! I am getting the Q7 too.. hope it is good!!

Like to ask your feedback: Actually how well did the power pack serve you? The cam draw power from the power pack, and the power pack is in turn charged by the car right?

Weekdays, if i drive short distances (only 10-15 min max) going to lunch, and later back to office, as well as end of the day back home from office, is there enough time for the car to charge up the power pack?

I do drive for maybe up to an hour in the mornings for my school runs. But even if can charge full in the morning, will the power pack be depleted if i go on parking mode? The rest of the day's driving pattern is what I mentioned above...

Tks.

iRoad got some trade-in promo going on which will end this week, if you have an old set of 2-ch cam.

- X9 for $360

- TX9 for $450

in my experience if you use the power pack with the quick charging feature in should remain mostly charged especially since you drive it almost daily.
  • Praise 1

Went to view some of the recordings on my V9S2 yesterday and noticed that the rear cam is blurry. Have been using for about 1.5 years. Anyone else facing this problem? No more warranty so contemplating which camera to try next.

I got a suggestion, get a spare high res handphone, download a good dashcam app and use that for overnight and daytime recording. After each trip in the day with no incident, just delete each video to save space. No wiring n no hassle. Sell the car can still continue using the spare phone as spare phone. Think many people switching to using phone for dashcam.

wah... would that attract people to come and break the window to steal the handphone? [sweatdrop]

Went to view some of the recordings on my V9S2 yesterday and noticed that the rear cam is blurry. Have been using for about 1.5 years. Anyone else facing this problem? No more warranty so contemplating which camera to try next.

huh... mine also 1.5 yr liao... i better go check one of these days...

you wanna try to go corvit ask them why? They had replaced cams before, without even asking whether under warranty or not...

If you're still sticking to iRoad, they have a trade-in promo that's ending this Sat.

• Praise 1

wah... would that attract people to come and break the window to steal the handphone? [sweatdrop]

you wanna try to go corvit ask them why? They had replaced cams before, without even asking whether under warranty or not...

If you're still sticking to iRoad, they have a trade-in promo that's ending this Sat.

You got to find a way to cover the phone in the car for night recording. A second hand phone that can do night recording is so cheap these days, cheaper than iroad or blackvue plus resolution is much better. Personally I can't be bothered to record at night.

(edited)

What a Creative method!! Are you using this method too??

Thanks Sheraytom! I am getting the Q7 too.. hope it is good!!

I contemplated on getting a cheap dashcam but I ruled out the idea when I realise my phone can record in much higher resolution than any Simi sai dashcam, so I ripped out all the wires in my car and just put a good hp holder in front to record each trip using my phone. There are many good dashcam apps you can use but I am personally using a background recording app that I can record n stop recording at a touch of a button. Videos can be easily trimmed and sent from the phone, don't even need a card reader n laptop to play video or play on cloud etc. Anyway, no harm trying out if you dislike wiring your dashcam. Edited by LPPL

You may want to check out these dashcam apps...

https://www.geckoandfly.com/20737/best-dash-cam-app-android/

Supercharged

This is a common issue for V9, I tio 2 twice, recalled 1 time but changed already still like this. I gave up then change to X9.

Turbocharged

http://corvit.sg/wordpress/?p=8020

I traded in my faulty T8 for the new X9. Did at Nam Huat in Toh Guan.

Hello Guy 

My front cam died on me this morning after 4 years. 

After much reading, I am down to the following brands 

BlackVue

i-road 

Thinkware 

Any good recommendation ? 

Also , should I buy on my own let them install or one-stop solution , buy from the shop include installation 

Thank you in advance 

P/S - Dont need high-end just regular cam that can do recording will do 

Hello Guy 

BlackVue

i-road 

Thinkware 

Also , should I buy on my own let them install or one-stop solution , buy from the shop include installation 

Thank you in advance 

Sigh... you are 5 days late for official iRoad trade-in promo, which ended on Sat.

There are also other promotions around. The ones by AA is supposedly quite decent too. You can check it out at https://www.aas.com.sg/membership/aa-shop/25-motoring.html

i came across this when i was checking cams out last week. Had installed the iRoad x9 last Fri.

Good luck.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Hello Guy 

BlackVue

i-road 

Thinkware 

Thank you in advance 

Go to Autotrend at Toa Payoh and look for Darren the boss.

They got many different brands and models and their price is attractive.

I always do my car stuff there.

Go to Autotrend at Toa Payoh and look for Darren the boss.

They got many different brands and models and their price is attractive.

I always do my car stuff there.

Thank you , 

Viewing some of my footages from my 8 months old V9S2, I see that the constrast in these videos are poor and slightly washed out.

At certain areas where there are strong lights, a large area around these lights are totally washed out especially the lights from the lamp posts. 

The recording quality seems to deteriorate and they aren't as poor as compared to a month ago. I always view and check my footages monthly to ensure the V9S2 is working properly and recordings are in order.  

Will visit the service centre on this issue. 

Sigh... you are 5 days late for official iRoad trade-in promo, which ended on Sat.

There are also other promotions around. The ones by AA is supposedly quite decent too. You can check it out at https://www.aas.com.sg/membership/aa-shop/25-motoring.html

i came across this when i was checking cams out last week. Had installed the iRoad x9 last Fri.

Good luck.

Aiya , wasted hor ,,,,, never mind I continue find, see got any good trade in lobang 

Aiya , wasted hor ,,,,, never mind I continue find, see got any good trade in lobang 

Mind sharing how much u paid for and what model and brand u have installed 

Mind sharing how much u paid for and what model and brand u have installed 

If you're asking me (your reply was to yourself [laugh] ), i made use of iRoad's trade-in promo and installed the x9 for $360.

original price is supposedly $460, with $100 for the trade-in.

got free installation for the promo.

I know a few others did the T9 too (see the AA's promo).

↡ Advertisement