Buying shoes online

Matoonia

Hi guys anyone have bought shoes online? Am looking for a pair of shoes and after few trips to the usual Robinsons / Tangs find quite same old boring.

Thinking to hoot a pair online from https://meermin.es/index.php. Read quite good reviews and after conversion abt SGD300 - SGD600 depending on model. Problem is there is no physical shop selling at all, so don't know the cutting/fit. Anyone bought meermin or shoes online before can share experience

↡ Advertisement

Hi guys anyone have bought shoes online? Am looking for a pair of shoes and after few trips to the usual Robinsons / Tangs find quite same old boring.

Thinking to hoot a pair online from https://meermin.es/index.php. Read quite good reviews and after conversion abt SGD300 - SGD600 depending on model. Problem is there is no physical shop selling at all, so don't know the cutting/fit. Anyone bought meermin or shoes online before can share experience

You'll have better luck here.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/fashion-grooming-235/working-shoe-young-exec-part-2-a-5069736.html

If you are a US10, you should be between a UK9 or 9.5, kinda depends on width. If you get an oxford, then suggest you go 0.5 size wider as the top cap can be narrower.

• Praise 1

i bought few pairs from amazon and 2 pairs from local.

Even for the same brand/model that you try in the physical shop here, the actual product came can be quite different and the size may not be 100% fit, better to read the review of the % over or under size. Buying fr Amazon got free shipment :D

But since you are buying from the brand own online shop, quality is guaranteed but size will still not be 100%.

• Praise 1

i bought few pairs from amazon and 2 pairs from local.

Even for the same brand/model that you try in the physical shop here, the actual product came can be quite different and the size may not be 100% fit, better to read the review of the % over or under size. Buying fr Amazon got free shipment :D

But since you are buying from the brand own online shop, quality is guaranteed but size will still not be 100%.

OIC, where did u get from local? Meermin or other brand

You'll have better luck here.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/fashion-grooming-235/working-shoe-young-exec-part-2-a-5069736.html

If you are a US10, you should be between a UK9 or 9.5, kinda depends on width. If you get an oxford, then suggest you go 0.5 size wider as the top cap can be narrower.

Thks bro, seems like quite difficult to get a good sizing. Maybe I will try to buy the lowest range model to try out first, cannot fit still not so heart pain.

OIC, where did u get from local? Meermin or other brand

Thks bro, seems like quite difficult to get a good sizing. Maybe I will try to buy the lowest range model to try out first, cannot fit still not so heart pain.

i dun really buy branded shoes [laugh] i heard one young chap say he was eyeing on a pair of shoes wonder if he should get it then he told me it was $4,000 [sweatdrop]

Rockport/Ecco is good enough for me (comfort shoes) when i bought from amazon they were under size, need to compromise with thinner sock, but when i bought the same model at Robinson, the quality was better and fit nicely <_<

You can get decent shoes (american style) like Johnston and Murphy, about $200 to 400. Can be found at Isetan and Taka. Buy when got sale, and get the aristocraft models. How to tell? Look at the sole and you'll see the Aristocraft word.

If you want UK type, go try Church's sizing at Taka. They have G width which is pretty wide if you have broad feet. Buy the shoe online and you can get pretty decent pairs.

Alternatively, there is Crockett and Jones which is value for money UK shoes. Can also order online.

Supersonic
(edited)

Any comfortable shoe brands to recommend?

I only care about comfort (and price!)

Best will be sports shoe feel with the outside looking like typical work shoes.

Edited by Kusje

Budget? hahaha [smash]

Hypersonic
Kusje, on 13 Jul 2015 - 3:42 PM, said:

working shoes...can try rockport, ecco, geox...etc

• Praise 2

working shoes...can try rockport, ecco, geox...etc

Clark also not bad

Alternatively bally, lv, prada and hugo boss also not bad :D

Can try beverly polo, most comfort and cheap cheap. Below 100 but design abit ahpekish

i dun really buy branded shoes [laugh] i heard one young chap say he was eyeing on a pair of shoes wonder if he should get it then he told me it was $4,000 [sweatdrop]

Rockport/Ecco is good enough for me (comfort shoes) when i bought from amazon they were under size, need to compromise with thinner sock, but when i bought the same model at Robinson, the quality was better and fit nicely <_<

What brand so ex? Even louboutin also not that ex. Maybe limited edition

If expensive shoe can ask this guy @yattokame

Hypersonic
Thaiyotakamli, on 13 Jul 2015 - 5:21 PM, said:

Clark also not bad

Can try beverly polo, most comfort and cheap cheap. Below 100 but design abit ahpekish

I gave up on clarks liao..not as comfortable as before...designs also put me off (for me)

oh..another...hush puppies/kickers also can be comfortable also

but frankly, I think buying shoes online is not easy to get the fit

different design, cutting even same size, may fit differently

some shoes I wear 7..some I wear size 6 (pls dun laff, my feet small)

• Praise 2

I gave up on clarks liao..not as comfortable as before...designs also put me off (for me)

oh..another...hush puppies/kickers also can be comfortable also

but frankly, I think buying shoes online is not easy to get the fit

different design, cutting even same size, may fit differently

some shoes I wear 7..some I wear size 6 (pls dun laff, my feet small)

I think rockport shoe still the best

I had one rockport brown leather shoe lasting for about 8 years ald.

Of course didnt use frequently but still going strong. Bought in mustafa that time for $170 if i remember correctly

Hush puppies i dun like, design not really nice as rockport or even clark. But agree clark abit stiff

• Praise 1

Thanks all. Will have a look and try the suggested brands.

Actually skechers have some amazingly comfortable shoes. But they don't really look 100% work shoes. Still bit casual looking.

Hush puppies slightly more expensive.

Ecco/Geox for even 1 grade up.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

I have a few pairs of meermins. Can trace out your feet on a sheet of A4 paper and scan it and email them. They can advise which last and size you should go for. So far all their recommendations fit me well.

What brand so ex? Even louboutin also not that ex. Maybe limited edition

If expensive shoe can ask this guy @yattokame

Edward greens? C&J handgrades? I think these 2 are quite expensive also. And they look alot better than those "branded" shoes. Probably better quality as well. Or maybe he is looking at bespoke shoes.

Clark also not bad

For the price of bally, LV, Prada and Hugo Boss, might as well go for other shoes which are of much higher quality.

Edited by Nzy
  • Praise 2