Demerit Free Decal?

cllq

Supercharged

Hai.... if u see my earlier statement I said better if they state that decal to be issued FOC with every minimum petrol purchase of SGD60 at any SHELL kiosks. I trying to be sarcastic since LTA is always thinking of ways to take money from drivers.

Yes I know win-win but I saying they can double win.

if really wan to give reward just give .. no need to be spotted .. LTA and TP can say car owner with 10years clean record maybe can get road tax rebate.

this case is like want to give don't want to give. ai mai ai mai.

of course lah, they want to make sure they get the right message across... NOTHING IS FREE IN SINGAPORE :grin:

↡ Advertisement

I received my letter last nite... initially got a shock receiving a "Singapore Police Force" letter... wondering if i commit any traffic offence unwittingly [sweatdrop] ... quickly open once reached home... heng.. is just a notice on demerit free & to collect the decal from shell.

wondering why all this trouble... might as well include the decal when sending this letter... or are we suppose to pump shell petrol then can get the decal?

You will receive a letter by TP. Then you bring the letter and show your identification at any shell petrol station to get your decal.

Heard from the radio.

Haven't got mine yet. Still waiting. Maybe I am ineligible? I don't really remember whether I got any demerit points in the last 5 years.. [laugh]

Must be you beat the red lights la... Paid your $200 yet?

[:p]

Paid already,beat red light.?Yes or No,i am riding Moto,on a small road,wait very long still no green light,no cars behind to activate the sensor on the ground,just move off,TP on the side of the road,damm "Sway". [furious]:a-m1524:

Paid already,beat red light.?Yes or No,i am riding Moto,on a small road,wait very long still no green light,no cars behind to activate the sensor on the ground,just move off,TP on the side of the road,damm "Sway". [furious]:a-m1524:

You should position your moto on the sensor mah [idea]

Hi guys I am the 60th percentile. It's is almost equivalent to a C grade at school

How do I score higher? If I remember an A- grade is about 20th percentile

Anyone keen to share their top percentiles?

If the decal looks nice, maybe can consider collecting.

But the decal is so ugly and still need to go to Shell to collect, forget it la. Waste time, waste petrol.

• Praise 1

Hi guys I am the 60th percentile. It's is almost equivalent to a C grade at school

How do I score higher? If I remember an A- grade is about 20th percentile

Anyone keen to share their top percentiles?

Relax, it's a template letter. Everyone gets 64th percentile.

Don't think of it as a "You're a safe driver, well done!" decal.

Think of it more as a "Remember to vote for us because we're so nice to you with meaningless trinkets when it doesn't cost us anything" decal. :D

• Praise 2

Received the letter 2 days back... well, since they dare to give, I will dare to take....

Will go collect the decal from Shell either today or tomorrow :)

• Praise 1

Received mine yesterday.

Was clearing my pile of mails, saw the letter from SPF.....had initial shock. Held my breath while opening it. Stupid letter; could save on paper, postage & giving recipient near heart attack! Rather they give me extra 5% discount on road tax renewal.

• Praise 4

I believe the issuance of the Demerit Free Decal is an inaccurate measure of good driving. Let me name 3 examples:

Example 1

My wife received her Demerit Free Decal (DFC) yesterday (12 Aug'15). This is purely because she has not been driving for the past 8 years. So this technically does not qualify her for it. (Sorry dear, but that's the truth)

Example 2

My colleague, a 65 year old man, also received his DFC last week. My colleagues were surprised and had a good laugh that he actually received it. Why? Because he is never a careful driver. He is sometimes reckless and impatient. The only reason that I can think of is because he is not caught, yet.

Example 3

My brother-in-law got his driving licence in the late 1990s. He has never own a car, nor has he ever driven one since the day he passed his driving test. And yet, he received the DFC.

Conclusion, the safe drivers in the TP's point of view are those who have a driving licence and do not drive.

Therefore, in my opinion, only Heaven know who are the safest drivers on our roads. [;)]

• Praise 3

I exchanged for the decal when I pumped at shell ... pasted on my windscreen ...

Ok, now, my car is full of decals... like christmas tree :D

The nicest one is still MCF decal :))

• Praise 1

I exchanged for the decal when I pumped at shell ... pasted on my windscreen ...

Ok, now, my car is full of decals... like christmas tree :D

The nicest one is still MCF decal :))

yeah. i love the MCF decal best.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1