Toyota Sienta 2016

Panda88

Look so different from the one I owned from 2004 to 2008. The third row space is comfortable. You can sit normal as your feet can put below the second row seats.

Don't think it has rear aircon Same as the previous model. The 2nd row seats tumble forward instead of the previous sliding ones. Also it is flat floor now, last time Sienta has the raised up rails in the middle of the 2nd row seats. Interior and dash board is a big change from the past model.

Power is negligible for a 1.5l when you seat 7 people. I drove up to Penang and Genting many times previously with 7 pax and luggages. No issue. I miss the old Sienta tail lights compare to this new model one...this new model look is funky.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I think it look weird but then again I think the Picasso looks weird too and people are buying that. Between a Toyota and a Citroen I'd choose this for sure. Japanese consumers are used to tall boxy machines from kei cars to Alphards so I guess it may not look so odd to them.

Anyway, I agree that with it's small engine, large cabin, and guaranteed Toyota reliability, this is an excellent choice for a family car. If only the AD would sell it it would be an even more attractive proposition.

Even if you don't need so many seats, the large cabin gives flexibility for large loads like Ikea shopping and carrying bicycles internally.

• Praise 2

Look so different from the one I owned from 2004 to 2008. The third row space is comfortable. You can sit normal as your feet can put below the second row seats.

Don't think it has rear aircon Same as the previous model. The 2nd row seats tumble forward instead of the previous sliding ones. Also it is flat floor now, last time Sienta has the raised up rails in the middle of the 2nd row seats. Interior and dash board is a big change from the past model.

Power is negligible for a 1.5l when you seat 7 people. I drove up to Penang and Genting many times previously with 7 pax and luggages. No issue. I miss the old Sienta tail lights compare to this new model one...this new model look is funky.

Today most mid size MPV (Zafira, Grand Scenic, Picasso) come with rear aircon, and even the no frills Honda Mobilio, Toyota Avanza also has rear aircon, If this new Toyota Sienta 2015 version does have rear aircon, its not worth considering, especially nowadays weather getting hotter and hotter..

• Praise 1

Its out in Saturday and Sunday papers for the past two weeks. Though no name of the shops were mentioned, guess have to call them...but I doubt the car is in the showroom because this car only was lauched in Japan 3 weeks ago.

I think it look weird but then again I think the Picasso looks weird too and people are buying that. Between a Toyota and a Citroen I'd choose this for sure. Japanese consumers are used to tall boxy machines from kei cars to Alphards so I guess it may not look so odd to them.

Anyway, I agree that with it's small engine, large cabin, and guaranteed Toyota reliability, this is an excellent choice for a family car. If only the AD would sell it it would be an even more attractive proposition.

Even if you don't need so many seats, the large cabin gives flexibility for large loads like Ikea shopping and carrying bicycles internally.

I read from the Shitty Times some weeks back that BM may be mimicking their HK Toyota dealer... by doing limited model JDM imports as well as selling regular Thailand and UK made Toyotas.

Their new Alphard and Vellfire are 2 such examples. They are basically JDM imports but with proper English owner's manual and all English readout for the onboard trip computer etc. And a 220km/h unlimited speedometer of course.

In that article, it was mentioned that BM is considering bringing in this new Sienta so that PI won't get the headstart. Let's just hope BM meant what they said. And we have a top spec Sienta with 6 airbags, and not like that empty shell yet super expensive Honda HRV....

http://toyota.jp/sienta/performance/engine/

The Sienta has an almost new VVTi-E engine. Its the old Vios engine but updated to dual VVTi and Atkinson Cycle... Too bad no Valvematic. Toyota answer to Honda's iVTEC was somehow short-lived....

I think the hybrid Sienta should be quite powerful. The regular full gasoline Sienta may not be powerful enough for Atkinson cycle actually looses power output in the name of fuel economy. Just 109hp from a 1.5L is joke these days.

sienta_equipment_compare_201507.pdfsienta_equipment_list_201507.pdfsienta_spec_201507.pdf

The petrol version of new Toyota Sienta (Launched in July 2015) using the 2NR-FKE engine (1.5 L with VVTi-E - a type of Dual VVTi) which is advanced in fuel efficiency.