Toyota Sienta 2016

Panda88

I shall be offensive and say that the Avanza is simply crap. Even if they don't bring in Sienta, they should still stop selling it.

I previously shared on the Avanza thread that you still need to pinch the radio antenna out of the A-pillar.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2688217-toyota-avanzas-price-benchmarked-against-vw-touran/page-11?do=findComment&comment=5822117

Other cons can be forgiven for the price owners paid. (Frankly speaking 100k+ is consider cheap for a MPV during this era when COE is these kind of price.)

What is ridiculous is the metal pinch out antenna from the A pillar. Really speechless...

↡ Advertisement

Why no one mention the Indo Sienta central console plastic looks alot cheaper than JDM Sienta... esp that new climate control housing. Lots of shiny, brittle looking plastic there

And the Indo Sienta climate control has no heater inside...unlike JDM version. And no inbuilt Panasonic Nanoe air purifier inside.

Does it matter if there is no heater?

Anyway the Indonesia engine is catered for poorer fuel quality in the region. If you frequent Thailand then it makes a diff.

• Praise 1

Hi Sienta owners, how is the aircon for those on 2nd row and 3rd row... sufficient?

Put fan speed at 6 and above, thr 3rd row can feel it.

Install solar film to the max legal limit will help.

• Praise 1

No complains from my passenger.

Same here. Had Vkool for the whole car and passenger say can feel aircon with fan speed at 4 with blower facing up.
  • Praise 1

Heard BM Sienta will be assembled in Indonesia. Really?

Yes. The Sienta model brought in by BM is assembled in Indonesia. It is using an older 1.5l engine however with the advantage of a top mounted cooler for the rear passengers. BM will launch the Sienta in October.

The Sienta that BM going to bring in is using 2NR-FE engine which is same as the Avanza (current version).

2NR-FE

A 1.5 (1496 cc) variant of the NR series engine. First introduced in Q4 of 2010 for the Toyota Etios. It is the first new engine Toyota developed for over 8 years without VVT-i. Done to reduce cost for the low-cost Toyota Etios. A new innovation that made its introduction on this engine is the integration of the exhaust manifold into the cylinder head to reduce emissions. A Dual VVT-i equipped version was first used in Toyota Avanza.

Technical specifications of the engine:

• Displacement: 1496 cc
  • Bore x Stroke: 72.5 mm × 90.6 mm (2.85 in × 3.57 in)
  • Max. Output:
    • 66 kW (90 PS) at 5600 rpm (w/o Dual VVT-i)
    • 79 kW (108 PS) at 6000 rpm (with Dual VVT-i)
  • Max. Torque:
    • 132 N·m (97 lbf·ft) at 3000 rpm (w/o Dual VVT-i)
    • 139 N·m (103 lbf·ft) at 4200 rpm (with Dual VVT-i)
  • Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
  • Idling speed: 500 rpm
  • Redline: 5,850 rpm

Applications:

The Sienta that BM going to bring in is using 2NR-FE engine which is same as the Avanza (current version).

2NR-FE

A 1.5 (1496 cc) variant of the NR series engine. First introduced in Q4 of 2010 for the Toyota Etios. It is the first new engine Toyota developed for over 8 years without VVT-i. Done to reduce cost for the low-cost Toyota Etios. A new innovation that made its introduction on this engine is the integration of the exhaust manifold into the cylinder head to reduce emissions. A Dual VVT-i equipped version was first used in Toyota Avanza.

Hopefully consumers band together and make sure it goes the same way as the Thai HRV... giving us lower tech just because they are the AD simple isn't acceptable anymore.

Hopefully consumers band together and make sure it goes the same way as the Thai HRV... giving us lower tech just because they are the AD simple isn't acceptable anymore.

TMAP will not care whether you gonna band together.  Singapore is such a small mkt as compared to MY, TH & ID.

TMAP will not care whether you gonna band together.  Singapore is such a small mkt as compared to MY, TH & ID.

agree we r small market, but then wat makes kah get jap spec vezel?

TMAP is importer of Toyota in Sg.  BM is juz AD.

Since JDM Sienta is designated as JDM, TMAP will not bother with what's consumer here thinks. 

If not, why do you think they bring in Avanza? Rather than JDM Sienta

Yes, that's why don't underestimate the power of banding together.

Cases in point:

1. KM having to import Japanese spec Vezel as the HRV to replace the Thai variant beacuse they are losing too much to PI.

2. BM finally importing the Wish after 3 years of head start by PI.

TMAP may not care but BM will make noise if they lose out.

• Praise 1

TMAP is importer of Toyota in Sg. BM is juz AD.

Since JDM Sienta is designated as JDM, TMAP will not bother with what's consumer here thinks.

I'm asking about kah

TMAP is importer of Toyota in Sg.  BM is juz AD.

SG is part of ASEAN.

Part of the agreement was that we need to import a fair number of ASEAN assembled cars as part of the deal.

For BM, most of their cars are already from Thailand. Fortuner used to be from Indonesia, latest model is back from Thailand again, and of cos we have the Hilux pickups, POS Avanza and Vios from Indonesia. Our Altis and Camries are from Thailand of cos.  

In today's world, it is normal for your products to be produced anywhere in the world. Made in Japan doesnt mean it is perfect. For Toyota, most of the models you guys are buying are already designed and built for ang moh markets...

Eg.... Altis and Camries are not sold in JDM... too big and too American for those 60-70 yr old Japs folks.. See how the Axio is design and built and you have a good idea Toyota target audience are over there

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2