Flat tire sealant

Ronnieseah

My tyre repair tools.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Can share where you got the jack and price?

Thanks

Me too bro, done the repair numerous time. My factory many screws.

Also depend on front or rear tyre. Front can just turn it to the left or right to facilitate repair. Rear is more troublesome.

I used to be like you. Patch tyres myself every few months until I am damn good at it already. Haha

After that I used Rhinotire sealant. This thing really work man....,

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Can share where you got the jack and price?

Thanks

I used to be like you. Patch tyres myself every few months until I am damn good at it already. Haha

After that I used Rhinotire sealant. This thing really work man....,

Share more about rhinotire sealant leh.

The jack should be from Autobacs. Quality is ok only but it worked. Forgot how much, it was ages ago.

Where to find good quality jack with box actually?

Share more about rhinotire sealant leh.

The jack should be from Autobacs. Quality is ok only but it worked. Forgot how much, it was ages ago.

Where to find good quality jack with box actually?

For those interested in rhinotire,

anyone here has use those flat tire repair kit that come in a spray can?

if encounter a flat, just connect into the valve and spray into the tire.

want to know whether this work? as I feel getting this is better than having a spare tire.

I had a flat tyre yesterday in the shopping mall carpark and I was advised by my service consultant to use the 12V pump without the glue(or sealant?) to help pump the tyre before driving off to the nearest tyre shop and I was lucky I wasn't on the NSHW as I did not have a spare tyre.

Firstly, I have to try assess the causes of the punctured tyre, nail? Or big hole? As Pump and glue can't fix a big hole.

1) 12V pump helps temporary inflating the nail punctured tyre, and if it's short distance to the tyre shop.

2) Use pump with the bottle of glue (or sealant?) if it's a long ride to the tyre shop eg. NSHW.

- remember to inform the mechanic that you've pumped the glue inside so they can remove it.

3) Spare tyre to be used if the tyre pressure can't hold more than 10mins on the pump gauge

4) call for a tow/roadside assist if you don't like DIY under the hot sun.

(Please add on the list if there are more ways)

The pump was like a insurance, only used during a rainy day. But I'm not fully covered as I didn't have a spare tyre, in case of a bigger ermergency.

Caution: the pump is loud, I got a little shock when it turned on, not prepared for it.

Its hot during operation, so handle with care.

once u use glue or sealant , ur rim and tyre as good as can throw

inside is a mess

the best analogy i can give is if u still want ur wife if she did an annabel chong and got pregnant

Sorry but I do not understand what is the problem with sealant spray ?

And can we use them to fill RUN FLAT tyres ?

THANK YOU.

Edited by Benzw205

THANK YOU.

YOU CAN use to fill any tubeless tire except with inner tube / motor bike.

do remember is for temp solution only and still need to drive to Tire shop for proper internal repair.

only with this internal repair you can have a complete internal inspection for hidden damaged can not be seen from outside, this internal damaged can post a danger for tire burst.

do let the tireshop know we had filled in the sealant.

not recommended, anyway run flat tech helps already, no need to ruin your rim..

not sure if it helps, but i only ever encountered a flat once, used the “for flat tyres only” function at esso petrol kiosks to fill up and go to tyre shop to repair.. inner patch better than the worm patch..

• Praise 1

THANK YOU.

Actually if you using run flat tyre, why do you still need this tyre sealant thingy? Do you know what you asking? 

Both are for same purpose, so that your car can travel the short distance to the nearest tyre repair shop to have the tyre repaired or replaced.

If you can tahan the slightly noisier run flat tyre, it is the better option. Maybe about 30% more expensive than normal variant. The stiffened sidewalls of the tyres will allow travel at 80km/hr for about 80km, depending on tyre model, more than enough for local use. And some tyre shops will agree to repair the tyres though not recommended by tyre makers, while some will not. So be mindful.

Edited by Heartlander
  • Praise 2

Actually if you using run flat tyre, why do you still need this tyre sealant thingy? Do you know what you asking? 

Both are for same purpose, so that your car can travel the short distance to the nearest tyre repair shop to have the tyre repaired or replaced.

If you can tahan the slightly noisier run flat tyre, it is the better option. Maybe about 30% more expensive than normal variant. The stiffened sidewalls of the tyres will allow travel at 80km/hr for about 80km, depending on tyre model, more than enough for local use. And some tyre shops will agree to repair the tyres though not recommended by tyre makers, while some will not. So be mindful.

Thank you for your reply it is not what I asked in my latest message, and yes, I know what I am talking about.

What you do not seem to understand is that it can happen that someone has a flat tyre when located more than 100kms from any shop that can change the tyre.

So when it happens, why not refilling the RFT tyre with spray that will help to keep the tyre at 38 psi instead of driving on a ridiculous flat tyre (even RFT) ?

Using a spray that fills the puncture seems a lot smarter idea than just driving a long way on a flat RFT maybe ?

Also, where I live 100% shops NEVER have RFT tyre in stock, so I need to order and get them the next day quickest, one more reason to use a spray sealant and drive as long as I want with the damage tyre.

So if nobody has a SMART reason to explain why a spray should not be used on a RFT, I will use it next time it happens and when I am out of nowhere.

Thank you.

• Dislike 1

81wbA%2B2pTnL._SL1500_.jpg

Good to have this...the sealant can be washout by spray hose [thumbsup]

I have this in my car

For those who chiong NSH or even Thailand, it is a must buy item.

Useful during emergency

Doesnt matter whether will it spoilt the rim.

Rather than get stuck in the middle of nowhere

• Praise 1

I have this in my car

For those who chiong NSH or even Thailand, it is a must buy item.

Useful during emergency

Doesnt matter whether will it spoilt the rim.

Rather than get stuck in the middle of nowhere

Yes Sir...you are 1000% right  [thumbsup]

Thank you for your reply it is not what I asked in my latest message, and yes, I know what I am talking about.

What you do not seem to understand is that it can happen that someone has a flat tyre when located more than 100kms from any shop that can change the tyre.

So when it happens, why not refilling the RFT tyre with spray that will help to keep the tyre at 38 psi instead of driving on a ridiculous flat tyre (even RFT) ?

Using a spray that fills the puncture seems a lot smarter idea than just driving a long way on a flat RFT maybe ?

Also, where I live 100% shops NEVER have RFT tyre in stock, so I need to order and get them the next day quickest, one more reason to use a spray sealant and drive as long as I want with the damage tyre.

So if nobody has a SMART reason to explain why a spray should not be used on a RFT, I will use it next time it happens and when I am out of nowhere.

Thank you.

Firstly, let me state that I am not the one who gave you the 5 dislike. If I am to give, you will know it is me.

By your nick, you seems to be driving a Merc W205. Correct me if I am wrong. The ride should come with internal TPMS which should alert you of any of the tyres is leaking air. And by default the ride should also come fitted with run flat tyre which explains your scenario above.

If I were you, I would simply just prepare an air pump, manual one even, just to inflat the tyre that is losing air so that it can travel further without damaging the rim, and keep on pumping air till I manage to find a suitable tyre shop.

If you live in Singapore or Malaysia, there is no reason why you cannot find any tyre shops within 100km that can help you to patch the tyres.

Lastly learn to treat people with respect, especially those who bother spend a few minutes of their life to reply you. If you continue your current style, can be sure no one will even bother to reply you. Good nite.

just my Sharing

one can still fill the sealant into any type of Car tire .(except with inner tube )

run flat tire allows you to continue when you have a Punctured when your car TPMS alerted you with max speed of around 80km/h and distance of 80km.

filling in the sealant into your tire even the run flat is to try stop the leak temporarily , otherwise your Precious tire could be further damaged by running flat .

alternatively one can fill just air at nearest gas station , this will help you run your punctured tire at possible working pressure. and you can always over inflate if your are far away or busy to look for Tire shop to check and fix it ( please ask for Internal way of Repair only )

↡ Advertisement