Be sure what your car workshop is replacing

Kippei

I learn my lesson, always try to be around when your workshop is trying something major or major servicing.

First time is ask for Denso spark plug, i ended up with a NGK copper plug.

Today when i do a major undercarriage overhaul to solve some knocking sound, one of the item is the bushings. I went under the lift and inspected the rubber bushing and found only one side is changed. The blur technician had took the old bushing from the left side and install it on the right side. Had to re-disconnect the linkage and redo.

It not bad to stay around while the tech is working on your car.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I learn my lesson, always try to be around when your workshop is trying something major or major servicing.

Today when i do a major undercarriage overhaul to solve some knocking sound, one of the item is the bushings. I went under the lift and inspected the rubber bushing and found only one side is changed. The blur technician had took the old bushing from the left side and install it on the right side. Had to re-disconnect the linkage and redo.

which workshop is this? care to share? so that we can avoid.

Most of the time when I send my car for service, I'll be around the workshop to take a look at my car engine and etc.

But I trust my mechanic, so sometime I do major servicing without staying around when I'm busy. The keyword here is "trust". Some of his regular customers even leave money and cash card in their cars when they send their cars for service without any worry that the cash / cash card will be gone.

(edited)

which workshop is this? care to share? so that we can avoid.

First one is a sgcarmart star merchant.

2nd one is just pure human error. Nothing to earn from a $12 bushing

both are different workshop

Edited by Kippei
↡ Advertisement