Recommend tyre for Altis

Nojoke123

(edited)

Need to change tyres soon. Currently am using 205/55R16 91V.

Any recommendation for brand of tyres suitable and what is the price ?

Need tyres which are safe on wet road as 2 times my car "skid" in company's car park and it was very scarely.

Between, understand that new tyres need to be 205/55R16. Is the 91V important or it don't have to be 91V ?

Thanks in advanced.

Edited by Lightsabre
↡ Advertisement

Need tyres which are safe on wet road as 2 times my car "skid" in company's car park and it was very scarely.

Between, understand that new tyres need to be 205/55R16. Is the 91V important or it don't have to be 91V ?

Thanks in advanced.

Hi, I will recommend Bridgestone RE002 - it's a good mix of affordability, reliability and durability. If budget is not a concern, Michelin PS3 will not disappoint.

Hope the above helps. :)

Twincharged

"Skid" in Your Company carpark.?If the carpark surface is smooth concrete,what tyre you fit,also will "Skid" if wet. :a-panic:

Turbocharged

"Skid" in Your Company carpark.?If the carpark surface is smooth concrete,what tyre you fit,also will "Skid" if wet. :a-panic:

Not exactly true.

My old Dunlop SP Sports used to skid in MSCP, esp when ground is wet.

With Michelin XM2, tyres don't skid even in the wet.

• Praise 1

Go Malaysia to change. Cheap and good. I change mine there. Oh by the way, if it is painted floor, new tyre also skid. I changed my 195/65/15 in JB for $85. Bridgestone Ecopia 02 or something.

Go Malaysia to change. Cheap and good. I change mine there. Oh by the way, if it is painted floor, new tyre also skid. I changed my 195/65/15 in JB for $85. Bridgestone Ecopia 02 or something.

good price. made in Indonesia?

I always get my Goodyear from JB too. made in Thailand

(edited)

RE003 is out to replaced the RE002.
was quoted RM350/pc excluding GST for 205/55/R16 91W, which converts to about a bit over S$500 for 4pcs at the current exchange rate.

http://www.bridgestone.com.sg/product_re003.html

re003_compare_charts.jpg

Hi, I will recommend Bridgestone RE002 - it's a good mix of affordability, reliability and durability. If budget is not a concern, Michelin PS3 will not disappoint.

Hope the above helps. :)

@Nojoke123,

91 is the load rating which means how much weight can each tyre take, and
the alphabet behind 91 is speed rating of the tyres, V is not exceeding 240km/h and W is not exceeding 270km/h.
it's recommended to buy back the same spec, if not better.
http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyrspeed.html

Edited by Kevin613
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Thanks in advanced.

try goodyear F1A2, very good wet grip, but noise a bit high

Edited by Quantum

You want hard sidewall and drive fast , brake hard get the RE003.

You want good comfort and longer lasting , quiet tyres, get the PS3.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Thanks all for the advice.

Am quoted Michelin XM2 205/55R16 (make in Thailand) for S$130/each.

Is the price reasonable ?

Edited by Nojoke123
  • Praise 1

Actually, you just need to buy back tyres of the same profile. Any brand will fit if they have the size. I recommend kumho Ku31. To me, it is a very decent tyre with good grip in dry/wet weather. Lasting and not expensive.

If budget is fat, go for PS3 - no regrets on these. However, for daily driving ~90km/hr a bit overkill. RE002/003 should be in the same price point but PS3 is better in the wet and lesser road noise.

For tighter budget, I feel XM2 or Triplemax is good for the price as well. In Singapore's driving, what you want are tyres with good braking distance and doesn't aqua-plane like crazy in the wet. In the event you need to e-brake, that final 2-3m can be critical.

RE003 is out to replaced the RE002.
was quoted RM350/pc excluding GST for 205/55/R16 91W, which converts to about a bit over S$500 for 4pcs at the current exchange rate.

http://www.bridgestone.com.sg/product_re003.html

Good price for the RE003!

Have you compared the prices of PS3? Which "tayar" shop in JB? :D

Was quoted RM380/pc excluding GST for PS3 of same size.
Shop is in Selangor area, not JB.
the RE003 price that i was quoted wasn't particularly cheap, i think can get cheaper elsewhere.
for some reason the introduction price of RE003 is particularly low compared to RE002, in malaysia at least.
the very early batches doesn't have threadwear rating and traction rating on them, but i believe these were genuine, probably just dont have the ratings yet..

https://forum.lowyat.net/uploads/attach-25/post-402325-1429812088.jpg

If budget is fat, go for PS3 - no regrets on these. However, for daily driving ~90km/hr a bit overkill. RE002/003 should be in the same price point but PS3 is better in the wet and lesser road noise.

For tighter budget, I feel XM2 or Triplemax is good for the price as well. In Singapore's driving, what you want are tyres with good braking distance and doesn't aqua-plane like crazy in the wet. In the event you need to e-brake, that final 2-3m can be critical.

Good price for the RE003!

Have you compared the prices of PS3? Which "tayar" shop in JB? :D

↡ Advertisement