Casio MRG 7700BD

NightWind

Hi is it Multiband 6? Which is the nearest emitting station? And where exactly in Queenstown pls?

I thought at this range its impossible to get a radio signal,so i was wrong. And thats good.

Yes, multi-band 6. I can only receive signals from West Japan (JP W), which is Mt Hagane, Kyushu.

Queenstown in Singapore, facing NNE. Signals can be pretty strong (constantly L3) if weather is good.

↡ Advertisement

Tks. This is very impressive. The watch can tell u the origin of the signal n which band u receive it from?

Have u gotten a sync any where else?

Yes, multi-band 6. I can only receive signals from West Japan (JP W), which is Mt Hagane, Kyushu.

Queenstown in Singapore, facing NNE. Signals can be pretty strong (constantly L3) if weather is good.

(edited)

Tks. This is very impressive. The watch can tell u the origin of the signal n which band u receive it from?

Have u gotten a sync any where else?

The watch can't tell where the signals come from. I select TPE (Taipei) to sync. TPE will receive signals from Western Japan. My multi-band alarm clock does show the signals are coming from JPW.

When I was in South Korea (mountain resort), the signals were very strong. I could even sync indoors.

Multi-band alarm clock with GW-M5610.

sync.jpg?psid=1

Edited by Kilomatrix
  • Praise 1

Lol u r even more obsessive about sync to atomic clock than me. My wife thought i was nuts when i check my Seiko Astron daily to atomic clock time.

Nice to see both your clock n watch in perfect harmony.

For me i rely on a simulator program on my mobile phone to check the seconds on the Astron

The watch can't tell where the signals come from. I select TPE (Taipei) to sync. TPE will receive signals from Western Japan. My multi-band alarm clock does show the signals are coming from JPW.

When I was in South Korea (mountain resort), the signals were very strong. I could even sync indoors.

Multi-band alarm clock with GW-M5610.

sync.jpg?psid=1

Turbocharged

Yes i am also looking for the MRG 7600, its not the same, lacks the yellow gold highlights and the case and bracelet is a lighter shade.

I was really after something with black titanium.

In fact i am looking at all MRGs in the 7000-8000 range. But i have a limited budget

Not all 7700 have yellow gold highlights, depends on the submodel avail at that time.

IMG_2631.jpg

7700 and 7600 side by side, no yellow gold highlights, both from g-factory local.

This is the mrg avail in jap catalog now http://g-shock.jp/products/mr-g/lineup.html. Local prices are slightly cheaper than jp msrp, but then again, who pays msrp.

Tks Etnt for setting me right. I did not know that. To be honest, i am not too sure if the yellow highlights add positively to the overall look of the 7700. IF, and this is a big IF, the yellow highlights are close to a rich gold shade, it will be very very nice.

But if they take on a cheap matt yellow look like in my.original post, it will be hideous.

I looked at your website and at msrp ¥190k which is just above sgd2k, its too ex for me. Thats why i have to look for cheaper ones on ebay and amazon.

Thanks again every one for all the help and guidance as i am a newbie on casio watches.

Not all 7700 have yellow gold highlights, depends on the submodel avail at that time.

IMG_2631.jpg

7700 and 7600 side by side, no yellow gold highlights, both from g-factory local.

This is the mrg avail in jap catalog now http://g-shock.jp/products/mr-g/lineup.html. Local prices are slightly cheaper than jp msrp, but then again, who pays msrp.

Hi all i have tried to look for local sources for this watch but to no avail. It seems like i may have no choice but to buy the the watch on ebay. http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/331608525535?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I sent afew emails to the seller and the only reply i got was that its an authentic watch and that quote

"ABOUT eLADY
eLADY, based in Tokyo, Japan, is a member of the International Anti-Counterfeiting Coalition, and a pioneering provider of patent-pending anti-counterfeiting solutions for luxury brand goods., under its bc_logo.gif brand.

All of its items are inspected carefully by expert authenticators and come with a full, lifetime, money back guarantee regarding authenticity."

I did check the IACC website and it shows eLady is a member.

There is also a "no questions asked" refund guarantee if i return the watch within 14 days of receipt.

I also looked over the pics of the watch on the website and they did provide many close-up shots of the watch. In bright white light, unlike some of the other ebay sellers.

I will probably buy the watch tomorrow but can the bros here share their views pls?

Am i making a big mistake?

Once again THANK YOU EVERY ONE for all the guidance. THANK YOU

I am attacjing the close up shots of the watch for your viewing and scrutiny

More pics

Pls share your comments pls

post-73559-0-56259600-1437700718_thumb.jpg

post-73559-0-29637600-1437700752_thumb.jpg

post-73559-0-26280400-1437700771_thumb.jpg

post-73559-0-99786000-1437700807_thumb.jpg

post-73559-0-77494400-1437700863_thumb.jpg

post-73559-0-41371300-1437700885_thumb.jpg

post-73559-0-58825400-1437700905_thumb.jpg

post-73559-0-57968200-1437700933_thumb.jpg

post-73559-0-48819100-1437700999_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Hi Etnt do u have any more actual pics of the MRG 7700B-1bjf in black? I may be getting this

I only found one youtube video of it. Most videos and pics are of the MRG 7700B1Ajf.

Which of the below two watches do u prefer? tks

IMG_2631.jpg

Turbocharged

Hi Etnt do u have any more actual pics of the MRG 7700B-1bjf in black? I may be getting this

I only found one youtube video of it. Most videos and pics are of the MRG 7700B1Ajf.

Which of the below two watches do u prefer? tks

photo_2015-07-28_12-34-04.jpg

7700 on hairy arm counted?

As I said 7700 and 7600 is practically the same, just which finishing u prefer, black or silver-satin.

Thanks bro i just ordered the 7700B 1bjf

Stefan also helped me choose. And this one looks so nice

Now my Astron will go in a box and this will be my daily wear.

The next challenge is to locate places in Singapore to get a sync.

Perhaps the higher you are the better the chances for a sync.

BTW is that your hairy arm? lol

photo_2015-07-28_12-34-04.jpg

7700 on hairy arm counted?

As I said 7700 and 7600 is practically the same, just which finishing u prefer, black or silver-satin.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Thanks bro i just ordered the 7700B 1bjf

Stefan also helped me choose. And this one looks so nice

Now my Astron will go in a box and this will be my daily wear.

The next challenge is to locate places in Singapore to get a sync.

Perhaps the higher you are the better the chances for a sync.

BTW is that your hairy arm? lol

Yah, that's my hairy arm, lol.

It should serve u well as a daily beater.

The 7700 was a gift from wifey so I sayang it more and got the cheaper 7600 as a daily beater. So far, the 7600 is holding up well to the daily abuse and still look like new.

I must say your wife loves u alot and u r one lucky man.

I may also need to seek your guidance on how to use the watch when i get it. And where and how to get a sync in Singapore.

You already have 2 of the same MRGs, perhaps u can sell one and get another MRG. Maybe the MRG8100.

I prefer full analogs as the digital display tends to subtract from the premium feel of the watch. The full analog versions of the MRGs are also more expensive and if i had the cash i would have gone for these.

The other question i need to ask you is whether the DLC is pplied to the whole watch. I suspect not all the bracelet is DLC although i think the case is prob all DLC.

My concern is that any scratches tend to be more visible on a black titanium watch as compared to a silver one.

The 7700 was a gift from wifey so I sayang it more and got the cheaper 7600 as a daily beater. So far, the 7600 is holding up well to the daily abuse and still look like new.

Hi Etnt m trying to figure out how to sync the MRG in singapore. See this method

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/those-who-wanna-sync-your-atomic-g-shock-atomic-time-4846462.html

Do u think it will work. It rides on the radiowave from the ipad.

How do u sync your MRG?

Tks

Hi Etnt m trying to figure out how to sync the MRG in singapore. See this method

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/those-who-wanna-sync-your-atomic-g-shock-atomic-time-4846462.html

Do u think it will work. It rides on the radiowave from the ipad.

How do u sync your MRG?

Tks

Sync with Tokyo time means your time will be 1 hr faster than SG time.

If you live on high floor, maybe you can try to place your watch outside the window facing NNE at night to get it synced. Make sure you set to TPE (same time zone as SG) for the sync. You won't be able to receive signal from Fukushima but from Kyushu.

I live in Queenstown and I have been getting very consistent sync daily for the past one month due to good weather.

Edited by Kilomatrix

Hi, we sync with Tokyo time, then change back to singapore city time. I think its just for the second hand adjustment.

How many floors up r u? I only on 4th floor. But my parents r on 16 floor. Is that high enough from central area?

Sync with Tokyo time means your time will be 1 hr faster than SG time.

If you live on high floor, maybe you can try to place your watch outside the window facing NNE at night to get it synced. Make sure you set to TPE (same time zone as SG) for the sync. You won't be able to receive signal from Fukushima but from Kyushu.

I live in Queenstown and I have been getting very consistent sync daily for the past one month due to good weather.

No harm trying. I have the app fer Android. Will try when i get the MRG

I didn't bother to sync it locally, so not sure whether the method works.

Hi, we sync with Tokyo time, then change back to singapore city time. I think its just for the second hand adjustment.

How many floors up r u? I only on 4th floor. But my parents r on 16 floor. Is that high enough from central area?

No harm trying. I have the app fer Android. Will try when i get the MRG

I'm on the 12th floor. In fact, the synced time is the same as the network time on my mobile to the seconds.

Thanks sir i will try next week when i get the watch. I don't wanna have to drive to my parents place daily just to get a sync haha.

I will set to Taipei time as you instruct. So that means the waveceptor sync must be manual and is not automatic like the Astron GPS.

I got this watch to replace my Astron as daily wear but ironically it makes me appreciate the Astron even more. But its not a fair comparison as both watches are different, with different prices and technologies.

I'm on the 12th floor. In fact, the synced time is the same as the network time on my mobile to the seconds.

↡ Advertisement