Park(ing) Day

Vid

Hypersonic

Please tell me this is not true. And it's going to be on a Friday [dizzy] [dizzy] Who the fark came up with this idea? I rather have free piaking day across the island :XD: :XD:

str.sg/ZNjw

Return of Park(ing) Day will see carparks transformed into creative spaces

3 hours ago
130 2 0
Lee Min Kok

SINGAPORE - Park(ing) Day, which encourages the public to turn carparks into spaces for leisure, is back for its third edition on Sept 18.

The public are invited to use their imagination and transform carpark spaces into temporary parks, creative installations or even food and beverage stands for the day.

Participants can opt to set up their "parks" in any coupon-paid carparks across Singapore - including selected coupon-paid lots in Tiong Bahru - during the event, which is supported by the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) and the Housing Development Board.

The event was first introduced in Singapore in 2013, as part of a festival where Singapore University of Technology and Design students gave carparks at MacPherson a community garden-makeover.

Singapore holds its largest ever Park(ing) Day, in which people can book a lot with the URA and convert it into their own community space for a day. An installation by SUTD students titled "My Home Garden" occupies a parking lot along Hamilton Road.

It was then expanded on an island-wide scale last year. More than 50 community groups, local businesses students and individuals took part, creating 52 "parks" across 88 lots.

Some creative uses included a "repair cafe" where passers-by learnt how to repair common household items and a street barber stand for pedestrians to get a haircut.

URA's Chief Executive Officer Ng Lang said he hoped to see more people joining Parking(ing) Day this year to help spread the green message.

Those interested to participate are required to register with the URA. Registration starts today and will end on Sept 14.

A coupon to reserve a lot and waive the parking fee will be issued once an application is accepted.
Some of the suggested areas for participants

- Central Business District and Ann Siang Hill (Telok Ayer St, Amoy St, Boon Tat St, McCallum St, Club St, Ann Siang Rd)

- Duxton Plain (Keong Saik Rd, Teck Lim Rd, Jiak Kim Rd, Duxton Rd)

- Singapore River (Circular Rd)

- Bras Basah and Bugis (Short St, Prinsep St, Waterloo St, Liang Seah St, Purvis St, Armenian St)

- Kampong Glam (Aliwal St, Arab St, Baghdad St, Bali Ln, Bussorah St, Kandahar St, Sultan Gate)

- Little India (Race Course Rd, Syed Alwi Rd, Kerbau Rd, Dunlop St)

- Jalan Besar (Tyrwhitt Rd, Hamilton Rd)

- Tiong Bahru (Seng Poh Rd, Eng Hoon St)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I take up 1 lot and collect $2 for every car entering the carpark.

Enough for installment payment for A45 every month. :we-all-gonna-die:

• Praise 1

Eat full nothing to do.

In private sectors, we nothing to do, we hide one side.

In government organisations, nothing to do, do stupid things to show public that they are doing something.

• Praise 7

How much the Hair Cut?? Better be lesser than $6/- (some more open air - make me feel last time like Jalan Sultan open air barbers) somemore everyone can see you on the road side

post-157298-0-83852200-1437558000.jpg

• Praise 2

Please tell me this is not true. And it's going to be on a Friday [dizzy] [dizzy] Who the fark came up with this idea? I rather have free piaking day across the island :XD: :XD:

str.sg/ZNjw

The ideal is good.... :a-good:

You bring all those pictures you posted in Jason's Tiko thread and enlarge it to A3 sizes.

Choose a car park in a central location for MCF member to gather, use 8 lots and display them.

We will come and support .... :a-happy:

• Praise 2

str.sg/ZNjw

Why didnt anyone suggest all the ministers don't drive car for a day and take public transport to work and from work to meet the people session?

• Praise 10

http://www.straitstimes.com/forum/letters-in-print/charged-parking-at-parks-to-regulate-usage-prevent-abuse

People want to go out on dates at night do whatever also must pay parking........ oh yes!! its abuse of car park [smash]

Sunday want to bring children to ECP also must pay parking .........

They dont even clarify what is Misuse of Car Park is like

I am still baffled by what National Parks Board means by Abuse of Free Parking

Charged parking at parks to regulate usage, prevent abuse
NParks is implementing an automated parking system at 18 carparks located in 12 parks from this month.PHOTO: ST FILE
PUBLISHED
4 HOURS AGO
0 0 0

We thank Mr Lee Yong Se, Mr Sia Chuan Han and Madam Jessy Leow Siew Kim for their letters on charged parking at our parks ("Paid parking discourages use of parks", Forum Online, last Friday; "Parks should offer free parking", last Saturday; and "Impose carpark fee at parks only during peak hours", Tuesday, respectively).

The National Parks Board (NParks) is implementing an automated parking system at 18 carparks located in 12 parks from this month.

The selected carparks are in East Coast Park, Pasir Ris Park, West Coast Park, Changi Beach Park, Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park, Woodlands Waterfront Park, Admiralty Park, Bedok Reservoir Park, Choa Chu Kang Park, Dairy Farm Nature Park, Labrador Nature Reserve, and Springleaf Park.

Currently, carparks serving certain parks which cater to a larger number of users are charged to regulate usage and prevent abuse.

In recent years, NParks has been receiving complaints on the constant misuse of parking spaces in the above parks, where parking spaces were taken up for extended periods of time by non-park users.

To minimise such abuse, NParks has implemented charging for parking in these parks.

We appreciate the feedback and suggestions we have received on the carpark charging and will monitor the situation at these carparks.

Chia Seng Jiang
Director, Parks
National Parks Board

Lao hua eyes - I misreading the "P" as ""F" and the "ar" as well. For a moment I thought the civil servants suddenly very creative very garang....

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1