Star Cruise vs Royal Carribean

Rollagt

I would like to try a cruise with my 1 year old daughter but seems like all those ships departing from SG during the school holidays are damn expensive! 

2 nights for 1.2k plus..... For this price, I think we can do a lot more elsewhere (which I would do if my daughter could travel).

Rent a yacht and sail to Singapore's remote islands.

↡ Advertisement

I have heard that RC meals are mainly western cuisine. Is it true ? My in laws are interested in going and if they serve mainly western then they might not want to go.

i also just came back from a RC cruise to Penang.

It had DreamWorks characters so my kids love it.

3 nights was just nice.

Swim, eat, towel folding classes etc etc....enough to make the kids happy

mainly Singaporean by the way..

only disappointment was the food.

perhaps I was expecting the buffet line to be something like Aquamarine or The Line...haha

I have heard that RC meals are mainly western cuisine. Is it true ? My in laws are interested in going and if they serve mainly western then they might not want to go.

yep....mainly western food

• Praise 2

Very true, the only Asian fare I've seen are fried rice and noodles , a lot of indian currys and the congee station

Ya.  Occasionally they have asian food in their menu. 

Unlike Star Cruise where they have western and chinese restaurant.

i also just came back from a RC cruise to Penang.

It had DreamWorks characters so my kids love it.

3 nights was just nice.

Swim, eat, towel folding classes etc etc....enough to make the kids happy

mainly Singaporean by the way..

only disappointment was the food.

perhaps I was expecting the buffet line to be something like Aquamarine or The Line...haha

yep....mainly western food

What do the guests normal wear for formal nite?  Will we be under dress if we wear polo tshirt and pants?

What time do you managed to board the ship and what deck you are in?

I'm going this Friday and my deck is 6 and RC emailed me to check in at 2pm which I find too late, i wish to board the cruise earlier to enjoy the facilities.

What do the guests normal wear for formal nite?  Will we be under dress if we wear polo tshirt and pants?

I'm going this Friday and my deck is 6 and RC emailed me to check in at 2pm which I find too late, i wish to board the cruise earlier to enjoy the facilities.

They say formal...but I see people wear berms and polo-tee.

I wore sports shoes, jeans and t-shirt...no one cares.

they are quite strict about boarding time...if you deck 6, probably 1 plus. You should be there at 12noon..go check in, immigration. then just wait at boarding area to 1 plus...still can eat the buffet lunch

• Praise 1

just came back from an RC cruise. 70% of the passengers are made up of either PRC or Indian nationals.

The Indian nationals decided to play running man on one of the days and they hijacked the stairs, lifts , running and shouting all over the ship.

The Chinese nationals are better , only participated in queue cutting and food hoarding.

Was going crazy after 2 days when I refused to participate in K pop line dancing , origami classes... Its a good place for kids though. The activities are more catered to them

wah so bad meh?

Where was the cruise from/to?

2 yr ago i went from here to Phuket, not so many PRC+indians leh. Not don't have, but not really that many.

Which one you took? We were on Mariners of the Sea, and it was huge. Kids love it, and my folks love it, esp. my mother who's not very fast/mobile, so everything own time own target is best for her.

wah so bad meh?

Where was the cruise from/to?

2 yr ago i went from here to Phuket, not so many PRC+indians leh. Not don't have, but not really that many.

Which one you took? We were on Mariners of the Sea, and it was huge. Kids love it, and my folks love it, esp. my mother who's not very fast/mobile, so everything own time own target is best for her.

We were on the Mariners of the Sea too. Cruised from SG to Port Klang and back . Huge it was, but the programs were not to my liking . The old folks and kids loved it though

For Western cuisine, any idea if it is suitable for kids ? Coz most or all western cuisine serves bacon, nuggets, fries, hash browns and salad etc..where I prefer not to let my kids eat those processed food.

Bring fishing rods, drop a line... :D fresh from the sea... [thumbsup]

For Western cuisine, any idea if it is suitable for kids ? Coz most or all western cuisine serves bacon, nuggets, fries, hash browns and salad etc..where I prefer not to let my kids eat those processed food.

• Praise 2

Bring fishing rods, drop a line... :D fresh from the sea... [thumbsup]

Dont ever do that. The fishing line might get caught in the ship's propellers.

Having sailed for five years, I am never interested in being stuck onboard a ship!!!  [laugh]

Perhaps you can refer to these bloggers' review with pictures of the food to have a rough idea.

http://seconddrop.blogspot.sg/2015/02/mariner-of-seas-cruise-saga-day-1.html

http://madamechewy.com/2014/10/03/royal-caribbean-dining-overview-main-dining-room-dinners/

http://goawaysam.blogspot.sg/2013/12/15-nov-18-nov-2013-4d3n-royal-caribbean.html

They say formal...but I see people wear berms and polo-tee.

I wore sports shoes, jeans and t-shirt...no one cares.

they are quite strict about boarding time...if you deck 6, probably 1 plus. You should be there at 12noon..go check in, immigration. then just wait at boarding area to 1 plus...still can eat the buffet lunch

thanks.

• Praise 1

er... that's what is offered, on top of the burgers, some steak like thingy and fish . think Sakura buffet standard

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1