Prevailing Quata premium (PQP) of COE renewal

Kchew21

(edited)

And all for your selfish want of a car?

Naaah ... you won't get the garmen support lah deh!

I say that the current COE/ERP system works, though it may need more tweaking vis-a-vis LTA's continuing to expand our public transport system ... more trains, buses and taxies.

Give all asunder the capability to own cars?

Naaah ... not in our life time.

Get Real!

Cannot afford, don't beg! Go BMW. :D

The current coe level already tell us what is current affordability level. If majority of ppls cant afford, the coe price will automatically tweak down.

You are right. When someone comment coe should be at affordable rate, this someone is referring to his own level of affordability. Kind of selfish and why would our leader care about whether he can afford or not? Just to made him feel that sgp is the best place to live in? LoL

Besides, not all ppls need a car or have driving licence . So whether a car is affordable or not, they dont care. How could having a car become a best place to live in for them?

Edited by Axela72
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Then all park where?

Singapore will be the world's largest parking lot! :D

To attain that goal of yours, the garmen must raise parking charges to the hilt.

Tokyo is a good model, whereby you'd need to prove that you own a valid space (private, or leased), before you are even allowed to buy a car! And it's the whole Tokyo prefecture, not just the CBD only!

Landed property owners will surely benefit most, next the private apartment owners who are allocated parking spaces.

Now, I can support that model even more! Lagi best!

So it's more than just usage vs ownership.

You'd better have a place to park your car, if you plan to just park it and not use.

Soon there will be parking bidding system. Certificate to Park is called CTP. Price for bidding parking at hdb estates and URA starts at $1 and bidding will start before each Coe bidding cycle.

It will expire with your car, new car 10 years parking old car depending on year of entry will expire together. Parking price will be prorata

Soon there will be parking bidding system. Certificate to Park is called CTP. Price for bidding parking at hdb estates and URA starts at $1 and bidding will start before each Coe bidding cycle.

It will expire with your car, new car 10 years parking old car depending on year of entry will expire together. Parking price will be prorata

frankly speaking in this country...anything can happen...they say we follow [crazy] and pay [bigcry]  [laugh]

this month end again longggggggg que to renew PQP[laugh]

Actually should not wait till month end coz today renew, the effective date will be 1 Aug 16.

Just want to share that, there is a drop box where U can deposit your cheque + duly completed form inside.

They will process within 3 to 4 working days. This option is most ideal for those who submit early and yet dont wish to queue.

Hope it helps!

looks like the high COE and high car prices are hitting car owners very hard, making purchase of new car out of their reach.  Sad but reality.  We will be seeing more older cars on our roads (while our friends in MY own newer cars than us).  the next time I see an SLF XXXX Bentley drive pass me, must wind down window and salute  [:p]

• Praise 2

one major servcing already cost 10K for some super cars. 50K for COE ? Ok lah..

Downscale abit, if a 10 year COE is 5 times your major servicing for normal saloon cars. i.e. 400 x 5 = $2,000

Will you kpkb on a 2000 dollars COE ? LOL

Supersonic

looks like the high COE and high car prices are hitting car owners very hard, making purchase of new car out of their reach.  Sad but reality.  We will be seeing more older cars on our roads (while our friends in MY own newer cars than us).  the next time I see an SLF XXXX Bentley drive pass me, must wind down window and salute  [:p]

Car is built to last more than 10 years la, so now more people are renewing their car coe for another 5 years or more actually is good. Lol.

(edited)

you are right if based on last time when car are manual gear with minimum electronics equipment.

Are you sure your electronics stuff like smartphone, LCD TV can last up to 20 years? My button for radio channel selection spoil on the 9th year

The Hyper Optic solar film on my car also start to have many bubbles surface out which may require to change

btw, when I am in Automotive industry, our risk assessment , specification are all based on 10 years. As a manufacturer whom can't guarantee more than 10 years, You can?

Car is built to last more than 10 years la, so now more people are renewing their car coe for another 5 years or more actually is good. Lol.

Edited by Axela72
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Those who wanna renew, already renewed last month (June) at $46,500 for Cat A.

Now PQP for Cat A costs an extra $3K at $49,500. 

Makes no sense to pay $3K more for a month's usage.

(edited)

Any legitimate and reliable companies to introduce to take loans for COE renewal?

Would any, without collateral, but with just a paperless COE and scrap value of a car that has relinquished all of its residual PARF?

The point is, if you need to take a loan just to renew COE, you may be better off taking public transport ... cos COE cars attract higher road tax and repair bills!

Edited by merc280v6
  • Praise 1

Actually should not wait till month end coz today renew, the effective date will be 1 Aug 16.

Just want to share that, there is a drop box where U can deposit your cheque + duly completed form inside.

They will process within 3 to 4 working days. This option is most ideal for those who submit early and yet dont wish to queue.

Hope it helps!

better option is to do it ONLINE...using internet banking BUT NOTE there are $$ limitations depends on bank..pls check with respective bank and dont get caught out at last minute.. [thumbsup]

Supersonic

you are right if based on last time when car are manual gear with minimum electronics equipment.

Are you sure your electronics stuff like smartphone, LCD TV can last up to 20 years? My button for radio channel selection spoil on the 9th year

The Hyper Optic solar film on my car also start to have many bubbles surface out which may require to change

btw, when I am in Automotive industry, our risk assessment , specification are all based on 10 years. As a manufacturer whom can't guarantee more than 10 years, You can?

No wonder many people mindset is better change car every 5 years, before any problems or wear and tear surface, since car is not built to last long now. Lol.

Turbocharged

Would any, without collateral, but with just a paperless COE and scrap value of a car that has relinquished all of its residual PARF?

The point is, if you need to take a loan just to renew COE, you may be better off taking public transport ... cos COE cars attract higher road tax and repair bills!

The sad fact is, not many have $50K cash in their bank accounts. Even if they have, better to have liquidity and take a loan.

Not many New car buyers have $50k cash either. They simply use the trade in value of their existing car to make up the 30% upfront payment.

Those who wanna renew, already renewed last month (June) at $46,500 for Cat A.

Now PQP for Cat A costs an extra $3K at $49,500. 

Makes no sense to pay $3K more for a month's usage.

its 3k divided by 120 months. $25 per month more

The sad fact is, not many have $50K cash in their bank accounts. Even if they have, better to have liquidity and take a loan.

Not many New car buyers have $50k cash either. They simply use the trade in value of their existing car to make up the 30% upfront payment.

If those new car buyers sold their used cars & revert to public transport.. trade in value of used car is still money back into pocket mah. Money = money.. still need to part with the trade in value before able to buy new car.

That said.. if so stretched, better don't commit. People need to be more financially prudent in such volatile economy.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3