Prevailing Quata premium (PQP) of COE renewal

Kchew21

@mustank have pdmm duties and he accuntant like @staff69 at those ktv bio their standard one.... [grin]  [grin]

Boss @Radx,

Learnt a new word today from you: accuntant. :XD:

↡ Advertisement

Boss @Radx,

Learnt a new word today from you: accuntant. :XD:

no lah..i oso learn, @weez911 teach us one...hahaha

no lah..i oso learn, @weez911 teach us one...hahaha

I learnt from teksi unker @Spring one. He said one accuntant told him he look like Andy Murray :grin:  

• Praise 1

I learnt from teksi unker @Spring one. He said one accuntant told him he look like Andy Murray :grin:

Haaaaa... All collateral damage and get involved

Got this for me to drive in Malaysia.

As comfort as car with high safety features. Cruising at 160km/h without problem and patrol consumption around 12.5km/l on heavy foot.

Downside is I can't drive it into Sin.

Can G plate 4WD truck enter into Malaysia or it need to apply for special permit?

Can I register a 4WD truck as a private plate in Sin?

post-114127-0-77377100-1455768790_thumb.jpg

post-114127-0-16325500-1455768812_thumb.jpg

With cat b come down in last few round to $38k, $46k, PQP should be around $50k now, for 5 yrs, let say $25k.

With parf of $10k, $35k to drive for 5 yrs, that is a good deal for now.

Many 10 years old car today is still in very good condition, easily pass vicom, no problem with insurance company as all is fighting for business under bad economy today.

Take good care of your car, last 15-20 yrs is no issue especially reliability of Japanese car.

Even with additional 10% rd tax every yr, is only additional $200-300/yr, no big deal.

Go for regular service, even new car or 5-10 yrs old also need to do the same servicing, repair & maintenance & with CEVS, car is depreciating much more than old one.

Coe will continue to down from here, we will likely see cat b in $20k-30k in next 6-12 months time due to global crashing economy with huge retrenchment & bankruptcy of country & company, be patient, then you will only need to pay $10-15k + parf to use another 5 yrs for your good condition jap car.

Sure, if you can renew 10 years coe, more worth it.

Buy new car, money is nothing, but if old car can serve you as well, why not.

Twincharged

can seat 5

got aircon

the aircon super cold

even my colleagues drive good car one also say: I think your 70% of 2.9 turbo is to power the aircon one

no wonder no power [smash]  [smash]

look like this one:

SSANGYONGMussoSports-594_3.jpg

but my one definetly not so nice one, nearer to this:

1266975228IMG_6454.jpg

can move can already lah [:p]

I like these kind of trucks, but nowadays too expensive already. Rented one when I was overseas. Nowadays, the trucks can be as luxurious on the inside as a car.

• Praise 1

Thank you for starting this topic which I missed out.  Since my vehicle COE will expire in due course this topic has become even more relevant now than the past.

Hi:

I checked on LTa web site for possible COE renewal for car that's is registered 2006.
Based on moving average of 3 months, It shows only $17.8k....too good to be true. Ya?

Can anyone can share further on this?

It gives reason to why this car forum is a useful for car owners to easily source for information or help which may be lacking elsewhere.

Oh I see...I thought their system asking about the car registration month...haha

Thank you!

It didn't as you correctly predicted [bigcry]

It's unlikely that PQP at 40k in 6 months. 50k still maybe.
I will renew mine if less than 50k by June next year

Me too [nod]

If 17.5, I straightway pay up [laugh]

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

IMO, cars with 5 year PQP has more risk of higher depreciation than one with a 10 year PQP. At least with a 10 year PQP, the remaining 5 years PQP paid is still refundable and/or enable the vehicle to continue being marketable to those who can afford only a PQP car. Should the PQP at the end of the 5th year drop below the current PQP which may then render the 10 year PQP vehicle unmarketable, then, simply scrap and get a refund of the remaining 5 years PQP and use the $$$ to purchase another vehicle if you still NEED to own a vehicle.

My intention is to buy a Japanese MPV expiring in a few months time and pay Cat B PQP (5-year) i.e. around $20k++

I just checked ... the PQP for Feb 2016 is $56,436...

Worth to do it this way?

Reason becos if buy used car say < 5 year old, it is still quite $ex ... easily >> $80k for a Japanese MPV.

(have to downpayment a lot also)

And i think repair/mainteinance for old Japanese car still not too bad ... i.e. still can manage

Only thing is if I dun pay full amount, can only take personal loan (not car loan) to fund the $20k++ for PQP

Any factors I missed out to consider?

At 120K, it is better to renew COE than buy a used 7-9 year old car.  At least you know your car and the aircon issue can easily be solved by repairing or replacing it with a new one.

You are right.

There could have been one good option - my wish - but at the 11th hr, i decided to renew COE myself  :yeah-im-not-drunk:

I think my car should be ok. My workshop reassured me (although must take into account the conflict of interest as they sure want me to renew COE instead of buy new car). At 120k mileage, also still not a lot. The only prob is the aircon becomes not cold after taking foot off accelerator for a while...

There were a couple of inquiries, and I would have let go of it near the expiry date for maybe $1-2k above PARF, maybe less (because initially a colleague whose Wish expired 2 mth before me said received firm offer of $2k for body, but later Christopher Tan just 3 wk before my car's expiry said the highest he got was $800)...

But sorry, changed my mind eventually as can't find a replacement MPV that ticks all the boxes now, so decided to wait.

Figured it's cheaper than getting a used car with 1-3 yr left. Super ex...

Got this for me to drive in Malaysia.

As comfort as car with high safety features. Cruising at 160km/h without problem and patrol consumption around 12.5km/l on heavy foot.

Downside is I can't drive it into Sin.

Can G plate 4WD truck enter into Malaysia or it need to apply for special permit?

Can I register a 4WD truck as a private plate in Sin?

You can, but iirc you have to pay like addition 50k or something for some tax. So end up most ppl register as g plate.

A secondary point to consider is the prevailing PQP is higher than COE.

Example, Feb 16 latest COE for Cat A is $43K while PQP is around $54K due to high but declining COE trend in last 3 months.

If one is to buy a new Cat A car opposed to renewing COE, it can be considered as having a upfront discount of $11K ($54K - $43K). The opposite is true as well.

My 2 Cents [:p]

Thank you for providing the updated PQP.

Therefore, those whose vehicle COE expires beyond Feb 2016, having the COE renewed in March 2016 will be cheaper by $4258 for another 10 years i.e. $425.80 lesser COE depreciation annually.  Those with later COE expiry MAY be privileged with a lower PQP if COE drops further.

Attached image is a sample of how the Feb 2016 and Mar 2016 PQP was calculated.

Using such calculation will enable you to know if the following month PQP would be cheaper or more expensive.

Current PQP for renewal after 19 Feb.

post-65674-0-07349200-1456023287_thumb.jpg

With cat b come down in last few round to $38k, $46k, PQP should be around $50k now, for 5 yrs, let say $25k.

With parf of $10k, $35k to drive for 5 yrs, that is a good deal for now.

Many 10 years old car today is still in very good condition, easily pass vicom, no problem with insurance company as all is fighting for business under bad economy today.

Take good care of your car, last 15-20 yrs is no issue especially reliability of Japanese car.

Even with additional 10% rd tax every yr, is only additional $200-300/yr, no big deal.

Go for regular service, even new car or 5-10 yrs old also need to do the same servicing, repair & maintenance & with CEVS, car is depreciating much more than old one.

Coe will continue to down from here, we will likely see cat b in $20k-30k in next 6-12 months time due to global crashing economy with huge retrenchment & bankruptcy of country & company, be patient, then you will only need to pay $10-15k + parf to use another 5 yrs for your good condition jap car.

Agree with Saag. And who knows COE might dropped to bottom low and you can even consider getting a new ride instead!!

Honestly I am also considering renewing my Wish when COE when it expires in Jul... however my only concern is when it comes to replacement of parts, will those be new parts (doubt there is) or refurbished parts which workshop had got it for scrap vendors? Any comments?

Most common and popular cars will not have problem getting new parts for replacement as the manufacturers do not only export to Singapore but the world over.

For Toyota Wish, I doubt you need to be overly concern over this.

Getting a new car or renewing COE depends very much on the individual and their purpose to own one.

Agree with Saag. And who knows COE might dropped to bottom low and you can even consider getting a new ride instead!!

Honestly I am also considering renewing my Wish when COE when it expires in Jul... however my only concern is when it comes to replacement of parts, will those be new parts (doubt there is) or refurbished parts which workshop had got it for scrap vendors? Any comments?

Most common and popular cars will not have problem getting new parts for replacement as the manufacturers do not only export to Singapore but the world over.

For Toyota Wish, I doubt you need to be overly concern over this.

Getting a new car or renewing COE depends very much on the individual and their purpose to own one.

Thanks Neutralsg.

Just to find out, if my car coming 18/05/2016 reach 10 years, can I wait for the May 1st week Monday COE release and PQP to renew COE or actually has to use April PQP to renew COE?

Just to find out, if my car coming 18/05/2016 reach 10 years, can I wait for the May 1st week Monday COE release and PQP to renew COE or actually has to use April PQP to renew COE?

After the second bidding in April 2016, the PQP for May 2016 would be published.

Waiting for the result for the first bidding of May 2016 would have no impact on your PQP renewal.

After the second bidding in April 2016, the PQP for May 2016 would be published.

Waiting for the result for the first bidding of May 2016 would have no impact on your PQP renewal.

Sorry just a quick question... i read somewhere for COE renewal, owners are given up to 1 month to renew COE / pay the PQP rate.

So suppose car expire on 18 April 2016, so I guess you mean the PQP need to pay is the amount for April - is this right?

Even if the renewal application date is in May 2016 ...

↡ Advertisement