Cordless power tool system - which one ?

Kklee

Supersonic

You recommendations are helpful but they sure are getting more powerful and expensive !

I do agree more torque is better.

Over tightening by the workshop is also my concern. I am planning to get a torque wrench too.

I also need at least a pair of jack stands ( from Amazon likely).

I am trying hard to visual how it fits to the chassis of the car - the top of the jack stands seems not be compatible.

Do I need additional adaptors ?

If the more powerful tool price is prohibitive, you can get away with a cheaper, lower torque version + breaker bar.

For over-tightened bolts, use the breaker bar first, then followed by the tool...although it defeat the purpose of using the tool alone when you need another.

Breaker bar is definitely much cheap, as 3 ft length maybe cost less than $50.

For jack stands, preferably find those with a deeper slot in the centre of the arm. This is better for accommodating the sheet steel of the side car chassis.

http://www.amazon.com/Wilmar-W41022-Ton-Jack-Stands/dp/B000779SPY/

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Its my practice to crack any overtightened wheel nut(s) with the car jack, before jacking up the car. No purchase of power wrench, lever required.

Give it a try, and surely looks very smart. [:p]

Sure, you can always use the tools provided with the car.

Car manufacturers expect you to do it that way to change a tyre.

Hopefully you don't meet really overtightened nuts (tyre workshop favourite thing to do), then you might give it a try.

Some people even resort to jumping on the wrench handle....well, hopefully the lever don't break and they hurt themselves.

Carry along a 2 ft breaker bar is safer.

Hypersonic
(edited)

Any good recommendation where to buy decent and cheap heat gun ? Corded also can.

@Mustank @Kb27 @owner-driver

Heat gun good to use for what common purposes? Edited by Mustank

Supercharged

Any good recommendation where to buy decent and cheap heat gun ? Corded also can.

hair dryer is handy if you don't need super high temperature

For example, removing and installing SMD components, shrink heat shrink tubing, soften adhesives glue to remove casing / components.

Wanna praise you but cannot yet..

Yap, other than those, can also remove your solar film. Faster than using hair dryer. Just need to make sure you don't melt the film.

Hypersonic

Man, I still haven't found the time to go buy the drill

But it is definitely a want not a need

Probably see much lesser action than my Taobao 25v battery screwdriver

If you want versatility, I have this tool which is pretty good. Can be used as solder, heat gun, hot iron etc. Most versatilepart of it is it's "cordless" cos uses butane gas. 

https://www.dremel.com/en_US/products/-/show-product/tools/2000-versatip-precision-butane-torch-versatip-precision-butane-torch

Any good recommendation where to buy  decent and cheap heat gun ? Corded also can. 

Supersonic
(edited)

Yeah, heat gun can check Horme price or other hardware shops like Teck Cheong.

I use it mostly to heat shrink, but recently found it useful to kill termite hiding behind wood.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

For example, removing and installing SMD components, shrink heat shrink tubing, soften adhesives glue to remove casing / components.

Shopee and lazada has cheap ones that claim to melt solder. $10 - $30 can get. But whether you dare to use or not, coz it is from china.

Hypersonic

Some of those 300W ones, might as well use hair dryer.

Got blue color one claim 1500w , at lazada sligthly less than $30. Looks pro enough. But not branded. Somehow come to these power equip still feel safer with a branded.

Supersonic

When you're dealing with heat, better be sure, the cheap gun doesn't melt in your hand. [laugh]

If you want versatility, I have this tool which is pretty good. Can be used as solder, heat gun, hot iron etc. Most versatilepart of it is it's "cordless" cos uses butane gas. 

https://www.dremel.com/en_US/products/-/show-product/tools/2000-versatip-precision-butane-torch-versatip-precision-butane-torch

I am using iroda brand, like almost 10 years liao. Mostly using it as a blow torch nowdays.

http://www.pro-iroda.com/pro70.htm

Supercharged

I bought one for about $40 with heat adjustment from neighbourhood â5 Gold" shop. So far so good.

mine, also with temperature control

4629282_d421fdbe-ff3b-4551-920f-459b8df9

• Praise 2

Supercharged

This one like not bad but $60+. @Phang @Volvobrick

https://www.horme.com.sg/product.aspx?id=5056

good spec and price.

I find Horme prices are on the high side, you might want to shop around for the best price.

mine came with only a reducer, check if the Hitachi comes with the nozzles that you need like the followings

mmA22Mvwg6Vlt7jWpz7uYDg.jpg

• Praise 1

What do you use the blow torch for ah ?

- For heat shrinking tubes.

- Desoldering bullet connectors

- Soldering bullet connectors

- Heat up suck bolts or nuts

- Once in a while kill ants

- Remove/install tight fitting bearings

- Light joss sticks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2