Suzuki Vitara 2015

ConnorMcLeod

Champion Motors changed the CVT fluid in my Kizashi at 40, 000km as part of the standard service schedule. Same gearbox as in the Nissan Murano apparently. Doubt they will tell you S-Cross trannys are sealed for life. Anyway the Vitara is not on a CVT but a normal auto box.

For Subaru, it is lifetime (or at least up to 220,000 km) if you don't do severe driving.

But if you are in traffic jam everyday for the bulk of your journey to and from office, then need to change every 40,000 km.

If driving situation is somewhere in between (a bit of jam in the city but otherwise highway heavy traffic but no stop-go), then if don't take chance, can change every 40,000 km also.

For Spore cars so expensive, most will just spend the money to keep it in good condition.

↡ Advertisement

I did a test drive before CNY at Ubi while checking out for sienta hybrid.

The drive is suprisingly good (in sports mode)! It felt like a push rather than a pull when you floor the accl.

Drive was also pretty decent and refined compared to my 06 autorex on legal speed (70~90km/h). GB was smooth but paddleshifting input is not so instantaneous.

Steering, not so much feedback.

The big sunroof is good but the shade is those translucent type. Interior quality seems comparable to my current 9yr ride. Dash and door material made of hard plastic.

Given the list of safety equip (7 airbags, allgrip, esc, led headlight etc) i think it is worth a consideration for a rugged and reliable crossover.

Just to add on the centre armrest and multimedia comes in as optional item.

Edited by Terenceleo

Morning Guys,

Did anyone purchase this unit?

Wana consider it for my next ride but love to hear feedback here ..

Cheerz and Gong Xi Fa Cai!!!

Been driving the latest Vitara for couple of weeks and its a choice i have never regretted.Handsome car and driving is pretty smooth.loads of features as well.During running in managed to get 630km!Pervious ride was the 2012 Swift Sport and I believe Suzuki has serve my family really well though.

Any Vitara 2016 owners out there care for meet up and sharing sessions...?..

How does Vitara compare with Subaru XV?  Both about the same price range and with 4WD/AWD.

Vitara made in Hungary

XV made in Japan

Vitara has 4 swtchable modes - Auto for mainly FWD for fuel saving and Sport which is part-time AWD and snow-mud mostly AWD and Lock which is fully AWD

XV is permanent AWD which auto adjust amount for front and back

Vitara uses normal auto gear

XV uses CVT

Do need to factor in the rear seat space whether sufficent to meet your requirement. I find it abit cram. The rear floor not flat at all. It might be a hindrance to seat 3 adults. If park under shade all the time than heat from the roof shouldn't be a problem for you.

Overall a very nice looking car externally. Very chio. Internally beside the above two factors I just can't stand the colourful plastic penal across the dash. Also it come with suede seat. Not suitable if you have young children, like me.

Do need to factor in the rear seat space whether sufficent to meet your requirement. I find it abit cram. The rear floor not flat at all. It might be a hindrance to seat 3 adults. If park under shade all the time than heat from the roof shouldn't be a problem for you.

Overall a very nice looking car externally. Very chio. Internally beside the above two factors I just can't stand the colourful plastic penal across the dash. Also it come with suede seat. Not suitable if you have young children, like me.

Neutral Newbie

I have a kid using booster seat and I'm planning to buy Vitara shortly. what is the problem in new Vitara rear seat? 

I have a kid using booster seat and I'm planning to buy Vitara shortly. what is the problem in new Vitara rear seat?

It kind of cram. You can go down uni showroom and try it out.

Went down to have a physical look at the car last week. Due to time constraint, didn't test drive but spoken to the Sales person on a bit of their financial loan package and some of the car specs.

In fact, after the viewing, went across to another PI showroom to have a look at the Honda Vezel.

My Comparison and feedback

Vitara vs Vezel

(Vitara) : Rear Seat for Vitara are indeed a bit cramp, feedback from my colleague standing outside is, he saw my head touching the roof. (Low headroom due to Panoramic roof). 

(Vezel) : No issue for the rear seat space or roof

* Both vehicles doesn't feel as high as my current Terios ride when I bent down to sit. 

(Vitara) : Front seat are pretty comfortable thou; interior a bit plastic but pretty vintage feel, to my liking in fact.

(Vezel) : Front seat are comfortable; interior stylo milo looking but the passenger front, I really do not like the aircon design. You can't shut it if you do not want the air con blowing at you. (That's a minus point for my wife confirm) 

(Vitara) : Rear Boot space are deep, but slightly narrow on the side. Able to adjust 2 heights for storage. 

(Vezel) : Surprise, surprise, surprise, it looks much deeper and wider than Vitara but since it's visual and not specs to specs. I cannot confirm that it is bigger by nature. 

(Vitara) : Accessories. Seriously nothing to shout about. I don't even remember if there's any. What you see is what you get but maybe the Sales also don't wana share so much since I'm checking it out only. The urban or rugged version is neat enough thou.

(Vezel) : Half window tinting, Car Cam, lots of bits and pieces throw in which makes me go Hmm...

(Vitara) : Selling at 105,8K. Affordable.

(Vezel) : Selling at 99,8K is considered normal now. It's a facelift upgrade so okay lah.

Pros : I would go for Vitara if I can anytime. The feedback I received from my colleague who's wife owned a SX4 commented that the Suzuki Cars are quiet, body structure is solid and reliable.

Cons : For such a big chassis, the body weight is pulling down the power unfortunately. The panoramic roof is a worry thou. Nice to look but what happens after 5 years? will it leak? Seal dried and cracked up?? After all, I am looking at a car that would serve me 8-10 years instead of 5.

I still have time to think about what I want. Am looking at Mitsubishi ASX too as now it dropped to 99K.  :grin:

Hope this review will help some Bros and Sis to have some ideas what you be getting.

Good day ahead!