Mitsubishi ASX

Agoodman

agree so potential buyers have more insight to this ride.

current at 103999 looks like v gd deal, with ground clearance on par w subaru xv. unfortunately, i felt unwise of me to spend 6-figure on car then more on fuel. i'm givin hybrid a chance this time round for lower fc n rd tax..

sometimes felt car now if more for well-heeled unlike 2008-09, where avg working class still can support w dual income..

Wanted hybrid SUV too, but none available last year when I wanted to book.

Mitsubishi has an Outlander PHEV hybrid.

Now there is the amazing Kia Niro hybrid 1.6L SUV.

Looks good, wish it was available when I was looking around last year.

And Hyundai have released the Ioniq hybrid 1.6L.

Looks better than the Toyota Prius which looks really ugly to me.

But these two Korean makes are all version 1, may need to wait until version 2 before they iron out all the glitches/problems.

My next car definitely will be a hybrid.  [laugh]

Can consider an all-electric car too.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Very good looking suv especially the current facelifted model.

Nice driving position but however, rear legroom abit cramp. Nice big boot though.

Engine noise quite intrusive during my short test drive. Quite a fair bit of body roll when making turns. But most Suv behave that way though.

Top notched safety features.

Among the best value for money compact Suvs today.

Edited by ccc888
  • Praise 1

Wanted hybrid SUV too, but none available last year when I wanted to book.

Mitsubishi has an Outlander PHEV hybrid.

Now there is the amazing Kia Niro hybrid 1.6L SUV.

Looks good, wish it was available when I was looking around last year.

And Hyundai have released the Ioniq hybrid 1.6L.

Looks better than the Toyota Prius which looks really ugly to me.

But these two Korean makes are all version 1, may need to wait until version 2 before they iron out all the glitches/problems.

My next car definitely will be a hybrid.  [laugh]

Can consider an all-electric car too.

outlander phev fuel efficient anot? maintenance cost ok anot? ok is relative though.

niro looks ok but after driving taller veh for few yrs found my legs moving more twd my chest n abit awkward; mayb need a while to adjust to drivin sedan..

ioniq rear headroom slightly lower than elantra..

hybrid is my level best i can do for my pocket. initially was intending to renew 5yr coe for my korean SUV but after taking various factors like forfeit parf, inc rd tax, below avg fc, wear / tear replacement into acct, i thot just buy hybrid.. now i felt like govt - policy kept shifting lol..

all electric means u staying landed bro..

Very good looking suv especially the current facelifted model.

Nice driving position but however, rear legroom abit cramp. Nice big boot though.

Engine noise quite intrusive during my short test drive. Quite a fair bit of body roll when making turns. But most Suv behave that way though.

Top notched safety features.

Among the best value for money compact Suvs today.

agree rear legroom not as spacious as other 2l suv.

tires r 18" n thick hence gd ground clearance but come to replacement quite costly..

mivec engines r not the smoothest n quietest to begin with..

But i wonder why ASX is not selling well despite their super competitive pricing. Perhaps Due to 2L and FC?

Their default 18" wheels looks good and solid.

(edited)

mivec engines r not the smoothest n quietest to begin with..

Yeah, MIVEC is quite an unrefined engine.

Noisy compared to Nissan (quiet) or Toyota (super quiet).

But have learnt to live with that.

But surprisingly the FC for MIVEC is better than Nissan which has a "fuel drinker" reputation.

Edited by Clement

But i wonder why ASX is not selling well despite their super competitive pricing. Perhaps Due to 2L and FC?

S'pore car buyers prefer 1.5L/1.6L engines, see how many Vezel/HRV on the roads now.

ASX is still quite rare, prefer it to be that way, some exclusivity is guaranteed.

Nobody gives a second look at the Vezel/HRV as it is too common.

The 18" wheels are very nice (same as Outlander wheels) but ride and FC will be better on 17" wheels.

The Bridgestone tyres fitted on the ASX are also very good.

Yeah, MIVEC is quite an unrefined engine.

Noisy compared to Nissan (quiet) or Toyota (super quiet).

But have learnt to live with that.

But surprisingly the FC for MIVEC is better than Nissan which has a "fuel drinker" reputation.

didn't know nissan was fuel drinker, cos heard latio quite ok, though sunny is drinker.

didn't know nissan was fuel drinker, cos heard latio quite ok, though sunny is drinker.

Latio may be good, but look at the Teana 2L, thirsty engine due to heavy body and under powered engine.

Sunny was terrible, drove 1.6L manual and FC was 7 - 8 km/L.

Their valve timing control (VTC) is CMI compared to Toyata VVTi or Honda VTEC.

Latio may be good, but look at the Teana 2L, thirsty engine due to heavy body and under powered engine.

Sunny was terrible, drove 1.6L manual and FC was 7 - 8 km/L.

Their valve timing control (VTC) is CMI compared to Toyata VVTi or Honda VTEC.

agreed, cos my prev sunny 1.6 4at gave me 10kml. honda prev sohc ivtec 1.8 of my rsz 5at gave me 10.5kml. then mit cpt 1.5T gave me 11-12kml

agree so potential buyers have more insight to this ride.

current at 103999 looks like v gd deal, with ground clearance on par w subaru xv. unfortunately, i felt unwise of me to spend 6-figure on car then more on fuel. i'm givin hybrid a chance this time round for lower fc n rd tax..

sometimes felt car now if more for well-heeled unlike 2008-09, where avg working class still can support w dual income..

I feel that the average working class still have decent options like Nissan note. Attrages.

But if they hiam it's another story

Because Mitsubishi has no money for rnd.

When u buy MIT. U r buying old technology.

I feel that the average working class still have decent options like Nissan note. Attrages.

yalor, but hiam may be inevitable cos we kept living in e past - sub 80k for attrage currently n sub 80k for rsz pre-2010.

of cos, we can oso console ourselves coe at 70-90k time when similarly sized cars cost near / in excess of 100k not too long ago..

mit now only fight by price, wc they may benefit fr our country system for cars. but tech..

That may be true, but things are looking up after Nissan bought a stake in Mitsubishi motors.

Mitsubishi is old tech, not necessarily a bad thing, as all the bugs are ironed out already.

They compete on price, not technology.

Mitsubishi owners accept it as a trade-off, no such thing as cheap price and latest technology.

The Attrage is selling so well, see many everywhere.

Even low tech can sell so well, so they must be doing something right.

One Attrage driver said that everytime it rains, the noise is so loud that he gets out of the car to check if any dents on the roof!

Heh heh heh!

That may be true, but things are looking up after Nissan bought a stake in Mitsubishi motors.

Mitsubishi is old tech, not necessarily a bad thing, as all the bugs are ironed out already.

They compete on price, not technology.

Mitsubishi owners accept it as a trade-off, no such thing as cheap price and latest technology.

The Attrage is selling so well, see many everywhere.

Even low tech can sell so well, so they must be doing something right.

One Attrage driver said that everytime it rains, the noise is so loud that he gets out of the car to check if any dents on the roof!

Heh heh heh!

Most of the Attrage are own by LCR , don't be fool by those black tape the number plate one also actually are rental car .

Turbocharged

i was there yesterday afternoon but didnt test. overall a nice car and i like the front grilles improvement. a very popular car in australia but not sure theirs are diesel or petrol version.

my only concerns with Mit car are noise,FC and power. i believe 2.0 should be sufficient to power this body.

Power is subjective n relative. Subjective becos it depends what cars u driven prev. Relative cos compared to avg car on the rd u traveling. If I only driven 1.2l cars n most cars on rd r same type, then 2.0 is def powerful

hi all,

i have my ASX since Jun 2016.  So far FC is about 11 - 13 km/L.  trying pushing the ASX during test drive, sure you enjoy the acceleration offer by its CVVT transmission, but have to bear with its noisy engine.

the model i had from 2016 come with Eurostyle audio/GPS which is a total let down through. current model is a Sony.

Overall, i enjoyed my ride and will be exploring for a long distance to Penang or Hatyai which i missed over 4 year liao.  been up to Krabi twice on my Suzuki Grand Vitara and also Peugeot 3008.

hi all,

i have my ASX since Jun 2016. So far FC is about 11 - 13 km/L. trying pushing the ASX during test drive, sure you enjoy the acceleration offer by its CVVT transmission, but have to bear with its noisy engine.

the model i had from 2016 come with Eurostyle audio/GPS which is a total let down through. current model is a Sony.

Overall, i enjoyed my ride and will be exploring for a long distance to Penang or Hatyai which i missed over 4 year liao. been up to Krabi twice on my Suzuki Grand Vitara and also Peugeot 3008.

Sony headunit with Android carplay?
↡ Advertisement