Mitsubishi ASX

Agoodman

Ok, I think I was confused by the earlier chat. 2016 has C-shaped. 2017 has DRL in the fog-light.

confirm for u -

pfe-asx-car.png

↡ Advertisement

Hi am getting my car in 1 or 2 weeks time.. just check with the Sales guy.. he said the DRL is auto turn on once engine is started.. will go off when headlight is turn on.

Regards to non guarantee bidding.. i opt for that and got it during my first bid.. as I believed Mitsubishi is trying to gain market share to will let more new ASX owner showcase it on the road for free marketing.

I tot it will take 3 weeks after securing COE bidding to get my car but its seem 3-4weeks for my case which a bit too long.

For 2016 ASX with DRL, the DRL is auto turn on whenever the car is started.

It remains on even when headlight is turned on.

For 2017 ASX, it is slightly different.

Hope not so many ASX on the road, ASX still quite 'exclusive' at the moment.

Remember waiting about three weeks after successful COE bid to collect the car.

The latest front shield design looks really good though....

I already gone past the DRL obsession...

Remember the days when Audi started it. Hahaha

More like u got no choice mah, 2017 ASX does not have the C-shaped DRL.

If u want something similar, it has to be aftermarket DRL, which is not ideal.

Heh heh!

confirm for u -

Yes, and the 2016 ASX has the C-shaped DRL.

See photo.

post-3307-0-57549700-1490839673_thumb.jpg

Edited by Clement
  • Praise 1

Did ask the service adviser at C&C if the rear red LED parking light can be switched on all the time (like rear DRL on Audi).

He told me cannot be done by C&C, have to go to outside workshop as need to modify the car lighting electronics.

Did not want to mess with that, so left it at that.

Did ask the service adviser at C&C if the rear red LED parking light can be switched on all the time (like rear DRL on Audi).

He told me cannot be done by C&C, have to go to outside workshop as need to modify the car lighting electronics.

Did not want to mess with that, so left it at that.

no need so troublesome la bro. just on pole light enuf. the most pole light change to LED 4000k type that is still LTA frenly.

no need so troublesome la bro. just on pole light enuf. the most pole light change to LED 4000k type that is still LTA frenly.

Not so ideal lah!

On the ASX, the parking light switch turns on the rear licence plate lights.

The rear parking lights are LED, no need to upgrade to LED bulb.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bros,

Gotta my ASX on yesterday ! Need some advices :

1) car workshop charge me $200 to connect my car cam to battery for 24hrs recording as current cam only activate upon engine start. Is price reasonable? Any workshop recommend?

2) wants to change reading light which autobacs charge $42 for 24 LED. Any recommendation?

3) wants to install body side moulding and scuff plate door sill strip. Any recommendation or workshop?

Many thanks in advance !

• Praise 1

(edited)

Hi Bros,

3) wants to install body side moulding and scuff plate door sill strip. Any recommendation or workshop?

Many thanks in advance !

Scuff door plate sill strip: if u r not so fussy, can buy online from Aliexpress or Taobao and install yourself. It is a DIY job, no need to go to any workshop. It is fixed on by using double-sided tape. A simple job to install it.

Most important is to install a good PPS (Paint Protection System). It is much better than waxing/polishing. After using PPS, it  is really easy to wash the car, after washing the paint looks like newly waxed car every time. Highly recommended to do PPS, esp. for new car.

Edited by Clement

Scuff door plate sill strip: if u r not so fussy, can buy online from Aliexpress or Taobao and install yourself. It is a DIY job, no need to go to any workshop. It is fixed on by using double-sided tape. A simple job to install it.

Most important is to install a good PPS (Paint Protection System). It is much better than waxing/polishing. After using PPS, it is really easy to wash the car, after washing the paint looks like newly waxed car every time. Highly recommended to do PPS, esp. for new car.

Once kena dents n chips, you will feel what for spend so much on Pps? Exterior belongs to the public. No need make it so shiny for them to admire

Once kena dents n chips, you will feel what for spend so much on Pps? Exterior belongs to the public. No need make it so shiny for them to admire

Maybe u misunderstood, my purpose is not to make it so shiny for others to admire, it is more to make it easier for myself to wash the car. With PPS, it is so much easier to wash the car. The dirt just comes off easily with shampoo and rinsing. And when u wipe the car to dry it, the cloth glides over smoothly and easily. The cost for PPS is quite reasonable, considering the benefits you get. A good PPS can last about three years or so. 

Hi Bros,

1) car workshop charge me $200 to connect my car cam to battery for 24hrs recording as current cam only activate upon engine start. Is price reasonable? Any workshop recommend?

2) wants to change reading light which autobacs charge $42 for 24 LED. Any recommendation?

Many thanks in advance !

1) Have deactivated the 24 hrs recording feature, not much use for me. So do not need to fix on another battery.

2) Also replaced interior LED lights at Autobacs. Think their prices are high, can get cheaper at smaller workshops outside.

New in showroom 

Wow, nice! But for me, will order without the huge roof rails.

Hi Bros,

Many thanks in advance !

24hrs cam recording will drain your battery.. my friend recently can't start his car and realized the problem was his 24hrs cam recording draining up the batt. good to have but will lead to another problem.

24hrs cam recording will drain your battery.. my friend recently can't start his car and realized the problem was his 24hrs cam recording draining up the batt. good to have but will lead to another problem.

That's why tan chong do not want to install 24/7 cams in their new cars. They know it will affect the battery lifespan. Very troublesome when customers want to claim battery or camera warranty

Neutral Newbie

Thanks bros. was having second thoughts as well for 24hr car cam. Ordered from Taobao for the LED and sill plate pending arrival and DIY. Cya on street soon

Need a standalone batt for 24hrs monitoring cam...

The new showroom asx looks kinda weird to me.....silver with orange....

Neutral Newbie

Or you can install Cellink B, acts like a power bank for your car, mediator between car battery and car cam. Power consume from the power bank instead of car batt.

Neutral Newbie

Bo Bian. Ganna short changed by agent who provided me with eurostyle (China) cam instead of blackvue. Will find out if Cellink is compatible.

Bo Bian. Ganna short changed by agent who provided me with eurostyle (China) cam instead of blackvue. Will find out if Cellink is compatible.

Argghh...

Eurostyle is the brand of the GPS audio system fitted into the ASX, CMI, really poor quality.

Can only play mp3, wav and wma audio files.

Lousy cannot even play FLAC and AAC files.

GPS navigation is lousy, at times ask u to make a "U" turn to go back to where u started.

It comes with the ASX, so cannot complain too much as made in China stuff.

Blackvue should be much better.

U can try to turn off the parking monitoring until u get a cam battery fitted.

↡ Advertisement