Mitsubishi ASX

Agoodman

Hi,

For those who are considering ASX, based on my personal experiences, the COE bidding may take some time.

I only got mine at the 4th bid on a 6 bid guaranteed COE package.

I also shortlisted the Subaru XV, but personally I do not like all wheel drive (AWD) and possibly higher fuel consumption, plus the engine is quite puny (1.6L) so I went for the ASX.

You do not see many ASX on the road in Singapore, but guess that is an advantage: it is more 'exclusive'.

You can see many Honda Vezel/HRV , Subaru Forester on the road everyday and it becomes too common.

But think that C&C marketing for the ASX is not so good, that is why not many on the road now.

Hi Clement

How is the FC for ASX in real life ? Also i like to confirm with you whether ASX has cruise control ? 

↡ Advertisement

Hi Clement

How is the FC for ASX in real life ? Also i like to confirm with you whether ASX has cruise control ? 

I have'nt collected my car yet!

"Pauche" will be in a better position to answer the real life FC question.

He is collecting his car soon!

According to LTA, the ASX FC figures are:

Urban: 9.4L/100km (10.6km/L)

Extra Urban: 6.3L/100km (15.8km/L)

Combined: 7.4L/100km (13.5km/L)

Heard from an ASX owner that FC is about 11km/L to 13 km/L using RON95.

As ASX has a larger fuel tank (63 litres), can easily go over 500 - 600 km per tank I think.

If you drive on NS h'way in M'sia, surely can do 700+ km on one tank, can reach Penang before refueling.

Yes, ASX has cruise control, you can check out the Singapore web site for the ASX here:

http://www.mitsubishicars.com.sg/car-models/asx.html

Hi Clement

Thanks for your response. I am not sure whether can trust the specs in scm and dealer website. Even SE, their answer like not very accurate sometime. To be sure, better test or ask owner. But i forgot to try during my last test drive. Hope that you collect car soon and hear from you the experience :)

Hi,

For those who are considering ASX, based on my personal experiences, the COE bidding may take some time.

I only got mine at the 4th bid on a 6 bid guaranteed COE package.

I also shortlisted the Subaru XV, but personally I do not like all wheel drive (AWD) and possibly higher fuel consumption, plus the engine is quite puny (1.6L) so I went for the ASX.

You do not see many ASX on the road in Singapore, but guess that is an advantage: it is more 'exclusive'.

You can see many Honda Vezel/HRV , Subaru Forester on the road everyday and it becomes too common.

But think that C&C marketing for the ASX is not so good, that is why not many on the road now.

I was actually considering these 4 cars:

Vezel - Didn't get cos the interiors are too plasticy.  I didn't like the long stretch of aircon vents at the passenger front seat either. 

Qashqai - Almost bought, until i read about all the issues the new car owners are facing in the QQ thread, and the poor service support from Tan Chong.

XV - AWD, good safety rating, nice digital panels, but the left foot pedal was too small for comfort (I'm a size 9 - 9.5 footer).  During test drive, when I step on the brake with my right foot, it 'hits' my left shoe while on the left foot pedal.  Considering this is a safety issue, I didn't buy.

ASX - Cat B car for the price of a Cat A car, comes with peddle shift, spare wheel, and 10 years warranty.  Servicing package is lower than Subaru's and Nissan's.

Forester/Outlander - Out of my budget no doubt it's a good car.

(edited)

I went to cc at Leng Kee but seems like they are not interested in me. Well, maybe i wore t shirt and Bermuda. So i didnt consider this model.

I did the same too, with slippers and the sales people totally ignored me at Borneo Motors.  :ouch-it-hurts:

My SE msg me, current offer of $99,999 include free 3 years service package

Was the 10 years warranty on engine and 5 years normal warranty included?

Edited by Thedecemberone

I did the same too, with slippers and the sales people totally ignored me at Borneo Motors.  :ouch-it-hurts:

Was the 10 years warranty on engine and 5 years normal warranty included?

Yes.

Mit.JPG

Yah was checking out the price and realised drop to $99,999! wow likley clearing stock for new variant? So tempting... Torn between Forester vs ASX... Hmmm...

ASX = $12,800 cheaper + higher trade in discount

For that amount I get a panaromic sunroof, AWD, electric seats in the Forester... How how

Forester is a much bigger suv compared to ASX.

They are not exactly comparable, size wise.

Think the new ASX will be released in 2018.

The ASX does not have sunroof, AWD, electric seats, so if those r important to u then u may want to consider the Forester. But if u r price sensitive, then the ASX will be a better choice.

At the end of the day, it boils down to how much u like each car.

And which one gives u a better driving experience.

If u r not sure, go for another test drive in each car.

Neutral Newbie

Just sign on the dotted line for Asx, $99,999 NG. Anyone did the same n got their coe from the last round it was priced such? If yes, at what COE level? Just wanna have a feel at what level Coe will have chance to get it. Or should I top up... Anyone can advice?

• Praise 1

Just sign on the dotted line for Asx, $99,999 NG. Anyone did the same n got their coe from the last round it was priced such? If yes, at what COE level? Just wanna have a feel at what level Coe will have chance to get it. Or should I top up... Anyone can advice?

hardly see one on the road. hope to hear more review from existing owners. 

• Praise 1

I bought in Feb 2016 before CNY, same price.

C&C only managed to get the COE on 4th bid.

Still waiting to collect the car.

Good luck to you!

Welcome! I was quite lucky that i got it at first bid as Coe went down. Mine was ng too.

Good luck!

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bro Ocheric, if you dun mind, can share what freebies you got from them. Plan to go down and book one. I had an outlander when I was in US, mistsubiahi defnetely make reliable cars but dunno why they can't sell well.

Hi Bro Ocheric, if you dun mind, can share what freebies you got from them. Plan to go down and book one. I had an outlander when I was in US, mistsubiahi defnetely make reliable cars but dunno why they can't sell well.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

any other things given?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1